Asura Savant, do you ever get promoted?

EpicName.4523

Female asura are criminally cute. Recognizing their obvious racial superiority, I decided to make asura elementalist. Sadly most of the name combinations which would pass as a "lore-friendly" are already taken so I had to use a title.Zojja calls you a "savant" after you finish "Here, There, Everywhere". Makes sense to add that title to your name to make do. However, do you ever get ...promoted by her after that? Would be stupid to be referred as something you no longer are if she does. Also, what other titles would fit an elementalist? Arcanist, I guess? Magitech?

No. Like norn, you're called by your tutorial / chapter 1 title through chapter 3. The only "promotion" / change in what the PC is called is by joining orders and the Pact.

Magitech isn't a title, but a form of technology (literally being magical technology). Using that as a title would be like calling your character "Magic Konig" or "Electricity Zojja".

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:No. Like norn, you're called by your tutorial / chapter 1 title through chapter 3. The only "promotion" / change in what the PC is called is by joining orders and the Pact.

Magitech isn't a title, but a form of technology (literally being magical technology). Using that as a title would be like calling your character "Magic Konig" or "Electricity Zojja".

Thanks. Magitech sounds to me like magical technician, that's why I brought it up:)

Thing is, asura, being the self centered species that they are, would gladly accept any 'asura appropriate' title. Be it a 'job' title (e.g. Professor), a honorary title (e.g. Savant), or simply a ego-boosting one (like Genius).

For an elementalist some titles I may choose (including a few afore mentioned ones):

• Professor
  • Magister (if you choose to follow the Priory)
  • Pyromancer
  • Genius
  • Technomancer (I would choose this one instead of magitech)
  • Grand Arcanist (One of my asura has this title for RP purposes)
  • Analyst
  • etc etc etc

There are many options, some more viable some less, depending on how you envision your character. Good luck :)

The other thing to note is that, while asura names do tend to be short with hard consonants, it doesn't have to strictly adhere to that to be lore friendly. There are only so many 2 or 3 syllable names, after all. If you really want to stick with a thematic name without a title, shoot me a PM over the forums and I'd be happy to help you work one out. I'd say to send a message in game, but depending on time zones and other issues, that might not work out.

@"Manpag.6421" said:Technically speaking, Commander (name) would be the best title to have. After all, all the story NPCs will be calling you Commander for most of the story including EPs and Living World anyway.

Yeah, but "Commander" is generic and every race can use it. Some titles are race-specific and therefore slightly more unique. Besides, "Commander" doesn't have that scientific, overlicomplicated vibe asura are known for.

Archived