What did you people do to WvW?

Zefrost.3425

Referring to the players here. I'm from Ehmry Bay and miss the old days when Borlis Pass, Crystal Desert and Ehmry Bay were practically rivals and were against each other all the time and things were pretty much even for the most part. Now Ehmry Bay is against Jade Quarry and WvW has this linked server crap going on and all I can think of is how much this is the players' fault and NOT ArenaNets. Everyone forever-and-ever were massing into Jade Quarry and I don't really care whatever other drama went on or care about anything with BlackGate or Maguuma.

You people ruined WvW, not Anet.

@Zefrost.3425 said:Referring to the players here. I'm from Ehmry Bay and miss the old days when Borlis Pass, Crystal Desert and Ehmry Bay were practically rivals and were against each other all the time and things were pretty much even for the most part. Now Ehmry Bay is against Jade Quarry and WvW has this linked server crap going on and all I can think of is how much this is the players' fault and NOT ArenaNets. Everyone forever-and-ever were massing into Jade Quarry and I don't really care whatever other drama went on or care about anything with BlackGate or Maguuma.

If you really like the game mode, adapt and figure out how to make it work for you. Ranting at fellow WvWarriors or at ANet is very, very unlikely to make things better.

I wouldn't blame players for making use of the game's mechanics to try to establish dynamics that favor their idea of good fun, e.g. lots of fights that they mostly win, the better to earn and also the better to feel productive.

And I don't usually blame ANet: player attrition is inevitable in every MMO (and worse in competitive modes for a variety of reasons). They have tried to please as many WvWers as possible, even if they've been (much) slower than we'd like and even if their success rate isn't where we'd like to see it. Some of the problems were due to things outside their control; some were due to design decisions that seemed to make sense at the time (and some of those seem silly today, with hindsight); and some were probably the wrong call (had they but listened to us better)... but it's hard to know which little choice will haunt you big time later on or which huge decision turns out to be moot.

Games evolve, in response to the changing community, in response to changes to the game (or changes outside the game), and/or because we change (we get bored because we figured out how to simplify things... and now we don't feel challenged). We can accept that we won't always like the changes and figure out how to make things work... or point fingers. Personally, I find it more interesting and more fun to figure out how to make things work.

those were the days man. I'm from BP, you EB pooper! death to all you kind! :Pgaem ded with stab nerf + aoe nerf + crit dmg nerf (prob deserved tho lol I remember one time I hit an uplevel for 10k with life blast (necro shroud aa)) + boon nerf (not so bad but adds up) + massive pirate ship buff + massive condi buff + massive sustain buff

@Zefrost.3425 said:Referring to the players here. I'm from Ehmry Bay and miss the old days when Borlis Pass, Crystal Desert and Ehmry Bay were practically rivals and were against each other all the time and things were pretty much even for the most part. Now Ehmry Bay is against Jade Quarry and WvW has this linked server crap going on and all I can think of is how much this is the players' fault and NOT ArenaNets. Everyone forever-and-ever were massing into Jade Quarry and I don't really care whatever other drama went on or care about anything with BlackGate or Maguuma.

Sounds like you need a break , i took one for over 3 years and loving the game again .

Have you tried other mmo it's bleak

You musta missed the first 6 months after HoT release.And even before then wvw population was dying, even on Ehmry which I was on at the time.So yeah sure, blame players for the crap that Anet brought with HoT I suppose.

Bit of both to be honest.

ANet failed on making matchups less stale early and by making the game's balance cause fights to be incrementally less-fun and require less skill while having no systems for a losing team to come from behind aside from having off-hours dominance, removing the incentive to even keep playing.

They also failed small-scale and havoc by effectively removing these groups from the game.

The players failed by tanking full servers' filled/unfilled status (BG and JQ are big problems here) by abusing the system and mass-migrating to the winning/overstacked ones due to the aforementioned problems.

Fellow EB player, I am just getting back into the game after a while. Got burned out on WvW and had some real life stuff going on, guild wars has been on the backburner for a while but I have started playing again. There was too much drama in EB around the time that I left and matchups were getting so stale. Considering not doing WvW anymore and just doing PvE

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:They also failed small-scale and havoc by effectively removing these groups from the game.

I mean it's still possible to be a small group havok squad... between 4-7 of us took a T3 garrison from one of our opposing servers last night (they had scouts).

And I normally solo roam as much as I can.

However WvW took a hit when the Desert BL (the best BL imho) was put in the game. Under the DBL 1.0 a lot of people hated it and the mechanics put on it (Barriers blocking you from moving freely on the map, a meta event that takes out half of the hp of the enemies gates upon completion), and the vertical design of the map. The map is better now (especially with gliding added in) but it turned off a lot of players from WvW. It's only a part of the "problem", but I feel like the upcoming changes might help :)

Players didnt do anythign they were just folowing Anet leeds, it was actually Anet who choosed to ruin it... by doing nothign and keep enforcing unskilled/(heavy gimmicks based) pve aoe spammy design into the game.

@Karnasis.6892 said:

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:They also failed small-scale and havoc by effectively removing these groups from the game.

I mean it's still possible to be a small group havok squad... between 4-7 of us took a T3 garrison from one of our opposing servers last night (they had scouts).

And I normally solo roam as much as I can.

However WvW took a hit when the Desert BL (the best BL imho) was put in the game. Under the DBL 1.0 a lot of people hated it and the mechanics put on it (Barriers blocking you from moving freely on the map, a meta event that takes out half of the hp of the enemies gates upon completion), and the vertical design of the map. The map is better now (especially with gliding added in) but it turned off a lot of players from WvW. It's only a part of the "problem", but I feel like the upcoming changes might help :)lol they had scouts that could not man a single defensive siege weapon? lol

Archived