Alchemist weapon set!

Razor.6392

You gonna buy these weapons just to store and sell later for a profit? eh hard to say, dont think any of the new weapons will get much value, maybe in a year or something...once I got Balthazar Hammer, it was around 75gold at the time it was released, a year later it was 400~500gold...not sure how much is worth these days...I aint a economy expert, but I say that these new weapons aint worth for investiment, dont think they will get much value.

My strong recommendation for those that don't want to follow the market closely and want to see a decent value for their tickets... wait. Find the first skin set that you really like and that you're available to convert on its first day. Then use your tickets and sell the skins (at around the halfway point between the first day sell listing and buy offers).

BL skins are good investments for 3-5 years down the road, which makes them poor investments for 99% of us. During the 1-ticket-per-skin introduction, the price falls and then typically drops even more the first week a new skin comes out (people who just bought fear losing their investment, so there's a "fire clearance" and the supply jumps). It takes a long time for the price to rise to more than the 50-70g you can get per ticket on the first day or so of a new skin release.

And, because we never know ANet's plans, they might or might not increase the ticket price, they might or might not remove the skin from the armory, they might or might not re-introduce the skin via direct drops from the BL chests. Some skin sets have never gone up much in value, less due to their popularity and more due to their being re-released more often.

Well I guess I'll just use these 9 tickets as I see fit (not for profit). Geez lol I wonder what I was thinking tbh, I've had nothing but failures on this regard after all.

Scientific warhorns, they had a different sound than most warhorns. I waited over a year and lost money in the end.

Wintersdays pistols. Different sound again. Lost money again.

Glittering longbow. I thought it looked really nice, ended up using it (would have lost money otherwise).

I thought the chaos weapons looked like trash. They're the krytan weapon set slightly modified after all (right?) and it shows in how basic the models are. Yet they're extremely expensive nowadays due to being shiny.

Maybe you put too much relevance into sound? I don't know.

What I'm doing is listening to people. If people shows a general approve of some new skin set, I bought the most admired I can identify, or one of the normally popular weapons (GS, sword, etc). My plan is to wait A LOT, so the prices go high, and then sell them to the people who didn't had the opportunity to buy the skin when the set first was released.

The point here is I don't buy what I like, or what I think is good. I buy what most people I can hear or read like. My expectation is they can reflect a broader taste, one that could remain strong in a year or more, so I have bigger odds to actually sell the stuff in the future.

We'll see I my strategy works... next year...

@Razor.6392 said:Well I guess I'll just use these 9 tickets as I see fit (not for profit).

50g per ticket (pre-fees) is a decent expectation for how much you can get. Some skin sets will open above that (including buy offers); some won't. A few sets that return (at 3- or 5-tickets per skin) will also beat that.

Or you can wait for skins that you really like yourself. (That can also be a long wait, but it's more satisfying in some ways.)

Archived