[Suggestion] Trading Post filter by locked/unlocked on account...

Auturgist.8256

There should be a filter in the Trading Post that filters based on whether something is locked or unlocked on the account. So, like, when you search for dyes, or weapons... you can select to filter by locked or unlocked, and it'll show you only dyes or weapon skins you have already, or only the ones you don't.

It's been requested many times. It seems likely to cause the TP to slow to a crawl every time you load it, though, as it must do an item-by-item comparison to see if you have it unlocked or not.

For dyes you can get around this. Go to your dye panel, sort by rarity. Toggle the check mark to show locked dyes. Scroll to the bottom. There with little padlocks are all the dyes you don't know yet. Right click on any dye to bring up its TP entry. Not quite as handy as being able to get a full list on the TP of those you don't know then sort by price, but at least you don't have to carefully mouse over every dye on the TP pages.

There may also be a gw2efficiency or other such site way to look at your account and sort out locked dyes and their prices.

To add to Donari, there is also a wardrobe tab in your bank, to see which skins (weapons, armors, and backpacks alike) you have (un)locked.Note: you have to physically visit your bank, or use a bank express token, in order to access to tab.

Besides that, yes, I’d love a TP filter, but not at the cost of the TP’s functioning. Its slow enough as it is, taking 15-20 seconds per sale, if that gets doubled I’m gonna have to hire some asura to do my TP’ing for me ;) (I could hire a skritt as well, but too many of my sales include shiny items)

If this is just a filter, why would it cause the TP to slow in general? I would think that if it were to slow down, it would only be when you filter for items and have locked/unlocked set to one or the other.

I would assume that the default settings would be both locked and unlocked.

I would love to see this implemented for everything as I don't always want to open an external site to review my account or even the wardrobe and then search item by item for what I do not have unlocked already.

I don't see why this couldn't be a client-side thing if the data -- what skins/dyes I have unlocked already -- is available to my game client. I'm not asking the servers to tell me what I have unlocked every time I check the TP; I'm asking the game client to only show me certain results based on what I have locked or unlocked.

Would be nice if not impact performance.Meanwhile i am using this analyser:http://immortius.net.au/wardrobe-unlock-analyser/#analyse1) go to your account make and api key2) drop on the api key field analyze:1) on first tab it shows all items that can be unlocked with badge/karma/gold2) on second tab it will show a list of thing to unlock from cheapest to the more expensive.

gl

• 1 year later...

I am also having a hard time finding skins I have not unlocked in TP - so ressurecting this post, asking kindly the dev team if it's possible to add it. Would help a lot of people for sure.

PS - in wikipedia you can filter with your API key the dyes so the filter code may already be there.

@Dreddo.9865 said:I am also having a hard time finding skins I have not unlocked in TP - so ressurecting this post, asking kindly the dev team if it's possible to add it. Would help a lot of people for sure.

PS - in wikipedia you can filter with your API key the dyes so the filter code may already be there.

and there are already two other sites mentioned in this where you can put the same key to do the same for skin unlocks ...

There are a number of filter possibilities I would love to see. Like a hierarchy of filters where I could for example say I want to view items in order by price, but only those items in a certain level range. As it is, I have to chose one or the other. So to find a cheap lvl 80 ascended item, I have to sort by price, scan past all the stuff that's not lvl 80, and look for an orange-text name.

@Biff.5312 said:There are a number of filter possibilities I would love to see. Like a hierarchy of filters where I could for example say I want to view items in order by price, but only those items in a certain level range. As it is, I have to chose one or the other. So to find a cheap lvl 80 ascended item, I have to sort by price, scan past all the stuff that's not lvl 80, and look for an orange-text name.

But you can set filters for Exotic and level 80, then sort the results by price. Are you using the little gear icon?

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Dreddo.9865 said:I am also having a hard time finding skins I have not unlocked in TP - so ressurecting this post, asking kindly the dev team if it's possible to add it. Would help a lot of people for sure.

and there are already two other sites mentioned in this where you can put the same key to do the same for skin unlocks ...

There is a difference between browsing for skins you may not have and actively hunting for them with the help of an external site/API. Not knowing how the coding is configured, I cannot say that this would be a simple change.

I hope that it would be and that the dev's can put it in place like how they updated recipes for purchase to say you already have it, or the skin locked tag in item descriptions.

Archived