Help finding a main please

Courvoisier.1268

I know a lot of ppl in gw2 have a ton of alts but im not in to that sort of thing i like to have a main + the fact that me having dificult finding one to stick to will make me not progress just lv a bunch of characters which end up making me suck in all of them(btw what i mean to main is im gona do everything in this class pvp, wvw, pve), also i dont have the time to gear a bunch of characters so i hope u guys can help with this, i will say some stuff i like and dont like. 

Armor type kinda doesnt matter since every armor type has some very cool looking style in my opinion, weapons i like greatsword and also like swords but nothing special i like all the others too just not as much and i hate mace, shortbow, focus, torch, scepter, warhorn. 

As for gameplay i can be ranged too but prefer melee, i like to have some mobility, i like flashy skills but not too much since from what i see flashy skills can look rly good but seen them over and over gets boring. 

So yeah guys there it is, i kinda like every class but at the same time i dont. And oh i never rly tried engineer, and would like to know your toughts on engineer/scrapper since it kinda looks intereseting

I would agree that warrior works well for your desire to be in melee range. Very strong in all game modes as well. Mesmer also works, but it is a bit more of a complex class, but Sword and Greatsword are meta at the moment.

Engineer can also work if you are interested. I do not know about WvW but it is viable in both PvP and WvW. You are however VERY limited in your weapon choices

I think im going warrior since i was more indecise between guardian mainly DH since i dont like FB at all, the only bad thing being warrior is the most boring thing to lvl it has basically no visual effects.On the other side guardian has quite a bit but in pvp i have seen that im not that good with guardian cant stay alive for too long if its 1vs2 RIP, good dmg but there is ppl that counter me so well that i cant do a thing, but with warrior if i go with berserker i kill everyone insanely fast, if i go with spellbreaker dont kill so fast but still very good and i can survive a lot of 1vs4 and for a long time, dont know if im just bad at guardian and good at warrior or warrior is easy AF

As others have said, warrior and mesmer seem like good fits for you – but you also may want to consider ranger, depending on how you feel about pets. Massively versatile, they can use greatsword and sword and the pet can tank/help you res when downed so great for playing most modes.

Well if im going to main a class i better enjoy it in all game modes and ranger i only like the pvp and open world other than that i dont like for the reason that it in order to be good at group content if you are soulbeast you need condi dmg which requires me to use shortbow and daggers which i dont like that much, if druid ima be the healer and use staff which i rly rly dont like staff (forgot to mention that in things i hate). Warrior: as i said before in pve only the leveling is extremely boring, after that at lv 80 i like the berserker and like the spellbreaker, and also from what i know it uses mainly greatsword i think. Mesmer: already tried this one and it uses staff to be decent which i dont like and also after sometime pressing 9000 buttons gets frustrating. Guardian: it is flashy af which is cool but at same time nah because u will see same skills over and over again so yeah... leveling with this one seems quite intereseting since it has aegis and it helps a lot vs strong enemies or bosses. Also i only like the DH no FB at all, and i am not that good at pvp with it. Revenant: like the visual effects those are just perfect for me, like the playstyle when using sword/sword staff or hammer, well i can do great with it in pvp its not easy but i can, and thats about it only cool in pvp/wvw, for group content condi dmg with mace/axe is meta and by not using it u not wasting some dps like other classes u wasting an insane amount of dps to the point u almost useless. Ranger: i like the pets its rly cool there is some amazing pets, not only that but that green "aura" if u are soulbeast looks amazing and those nature skill form druid looks cool too, but as i said above i would like bow/greatsword maybe a bow/sword dagger. Thief: i like that his mobility is insane also dagger/dagger is rly cool, its burst dmg is aweasome, it is the only class that i like staff simply because it doesnt play like a staff user and u can change that staff look for some "spear" looking skins but daredevil in pve looks like a monkey jumps from one side to another all the time. Engineer: i took some time and tried engineer and tbh hated it haha, the use of the kits and stuff like that is just anoying also scrapper suck pve and i didnt rly liked the holosmith.Necromancer: oh boy this one i rly like using with greatsword it rly is a lot of fun, on pvp well... scourge is a lot better but i can do something with it tho, on pve that is where it hurts me, it seems like for group content it is rly useless(the reaper is useless, scourge i think is good but uses scepter and torch -.-"). What i like with it is greatsword with axe/dagger which ppl say its bad =/. Elementalist: dagger/dagger is cool but other than that only playing with those conjured weapons which are rly cool or weaver with sword/dagger which requires u to focus so much on the skills that it draws the fun of it, at least for me.

Sorry for the wall of text XD but had to describe all classes so u guys had a better of what i like and what i think about the classes, also feel free to correct me if i am wrong about something.

Necro or Rev.

Necro rocks in open world PvE (especially HoT). Unless you're talking raids, necro being useless for group content is you not having a good handle on necro, not the profession itself. Also let's not forget reality of raid pugs: 30k+ dps, ele, mesmer, PS warr, hurr durr. then 10 mins in everyone wipes. If they had a necro with his godlike ressing, maybe they wouldn't be biting the dust at 10 minutes mark.

Power Rev recently received some juicy upgrades, starting with impossible odds (provided you recieve quickness from others which is expected in a raid), and ability to recharge 25 energy on legend swap if done right. Problem is there are no official benchmarks out yet, but whispers say something around 28k dps. On golem. In real scenarios dps can wary greatly depending on how well you profession can handle incoming damage without taking a break from dpsing and what not.

Rev in fact was my first character that i put to lv 80, and then boosted necro and thief, what i can tell u is that leveling as revenant was aweasome especially since i could use sword sword, but at higher lv stuff using sword sword is just absolute garbage.

Then there is necro i rly like that evil/demonic style and one of the things that rly draw my attention was Reaper, it is so fun to play as reaper, actualy the most fun profession/elite spec for me but then i want to do those endgame stuff and i just cant if i am useless =/

Thief when i tried thief at lower lvls i kinda liked it and those "black magic" style for his skills.

If was going to play with the most fun profession/spec i would go with reaper (using greatsword) but i rly want to do endgame stuff with one character and not be garbage, if i was to play with the easiest i would go with daredevil that thing is just braindead, and if would go for most usefull maybe warrior since it has those banners that rly helps the group + he even while suporting with banners have more dps than reaper...

Archived