Minions : a suggestion.

killfil.3472

I have been wondering ; What if the active skill of minions (Rigor Mortis, Taste of Death, Haunt and Charge) was replaced by a buff similar to a thief's venoms, but that only applied to the necromancer and other minions?

To illustrate my point, imagine the following :

The Blood Fiend's active skill could apply a buff to itself, the necromancer and other minions that allows them to steal health and heal the necromancer for a set amount of time (Should Blood Magic be used by said necromancer, the effects would stack with "Vampiric").

The Shadow fiend's could allow itself, the necromancer and other minions to apply a 1 second chill with their attacks with, say, a 2 seconds internal cooldown per minion (necromancer included).

The Bone Fiend's active skill could allow itself, other minions and the necromancer to apply vulnerability with their attacks, or perhaps allow them to immobilize their targets for 1 second for a single time per minion (necromancer included).

For the Flesh Golem, it's skill could allow itself, other minions and the necromancer to stun their target for 1 second for a single time (Similar to the thief's Basilisk Venom).

as for Bone Minions... I am uncertain as to how to change them. Perhaps make it so that when they detonate, nearby minions are granted might?

While I am at it, why not change Death Nova (Death Magic grandmaster trait) so that any boons the necromancer applies to himself is also granted to his minions? (I understand many will think that is overpowered, but remember : the minion's critical hit chance are 4% and their critical hit damage is 150%. Their stats are not the necromancer's. And while they could be superb single target DPS, they would, and do curently I believe, lack cleaving potential.)

So!.. What do you guys think?

@"killfil.3472" said:I have been wondering ; What if the active skill of minions (Rigor Mortis, Taste of Death, Haunt and Charge) was replaced by a buff similar to a thief's venoms, but that only applied to the necromancer and other minions?

The Blood Fiend's active skill could apply a buff to itself, the necromancer and other minions that allows them to steal health and heal the necromancer for a set amount of time (Should Blood Magic be used by said necromancer, the effects would stack with "Vampiric").

The Shadow fiend's could allow itself, the necromancer and other minions to apply a 1 second chill with their attacks with, say, a 2 seconds internal cooldown per minion (necromancer included).

The Bone Fiend's active skill could allow itself, other minions and the necromancer to apply vulnerability with their attacks, or perhaps allow them to immobilize their targets for 1 second for a single time per minion (necromancer included).

For the Flesh Golem, it's skill could allow itself, other minions and the necromancer to stun their target for 1 second for a single time (Similar to the thief's Basilisk Venom).

as for Bone Minions... I am uncertain as to how to change them. Perhaps make it so that when they detonate, nearby minions are granted might?

While I am at it, why not change Death Nova (Death Magic grandmaster trait) so that any boons the necromancer applies to himself is also granted to his minions? (I understand many will think that is overpowered, but remember : the minion's critical hit chance are 4% and their critical hit damage is 150%. Their stats are not the necromancer's. And while they could be superb single target DPS, they would, and do curently I believe, lack cleaving potential.)

Well giving minions buffs could be nice. But that will only be might, maybe a little bit of fury and thats it.Becro doesnt have any more boons.

And i dont get, what these suggestions are meant for. Better pvp? Better pve? Guess thats most likely pvp changes. Where minions are just bad

@"Anchoku.8142" said:Could you please explain why you think replacing minions' current active skills is needed?

I just thought that their skills were somewhat inefficient in their current state. Like the bone fiend's projectile nearly always missing in PvP and barely having any use in PvE, The golem's charge getting stuck in terrain and not moving, the Bone minion's explosion's critical hit chance being 4% and their critical damage being 150% (while unstable horrors summoned by "Summoned Madness" from lich form's have the critical hit chance of the necromancer rather than the minion's 4%) and so on...

So I figured, why not change em a bit?

@"killfil.3472" said:I have been wondering ; What if the active skill of minions (Rigor Mortis, Taste of Death, Haunt and Charge) was replaced by a buff similar to a thief's venoms, but that only applied to the necromancer and other minions?

Anet fear "blood siphons" like plague that's why the necromancer have such potent siphons. Anyway, the idea somehow step onto the toes of the thief's venom and shiro's heal. Thought the idea make the heal better the more minions you have, I'd say that it can very quickly go out of controle.

This would be potent on condi reaper and would bother players that are against you in PvP. I'm not sure what the ICD are here for. Thought the shadow fiend which is used for it's ability to grant LF to the necromancer would take a hit: do the necromancer really deserve to lose more access to LF as it stand?

Very dangerous suggestion... Especially the second part and more than ever in PvP.

Also a very dangerous suggestion.

Logic would have been to get rid of the the minion's destruction, ain't it?

Well, think PvP, this would be an issue because this is the gamemode that this would impact the most.

Anyway, you forgot wurm and the necromancer would have a loss in combo finishers (not that those specific combo are very user friendly). I can understand why other player up till now don't find your idea thrilling, especially since you started grandly with the thief's venom idea and lost your momentum quite quickly. All in all what you suggest would force a minion master comeback in PvP where it would wreck havock to the point that anet would definitely nerf it, while in PvE, this would just be a plain nerf...

Archived