What's up with Mayatl the Fierce?

Graymalkyn.8076

I've never had trouble getting a few players on a map to help me kill a bad guy...until this one. Guess I need it for the mastery progression, but I've sent out multiple requests for help and get no responses at all. None. Seems no one likes to do this one. I did make an attempt to solo him, and got him halfway down before being beaten, and I've seen videos of him actually being soloed (by players with more skill than me, obviously). So what's the deal? Why doesn't anyone want to fight him?

I don't know. My experience about half a year ago was similar.I had thought it's because a lot of players had had a hard time getting there, but we got mounts since then, so maybe players just consider it a high effort low reward event. Or maybe they initially ignore it because it requires Itzel mastery and later forget about it completely.

Part of the issue with him is that unless you have Itzel Leadership Mastery (tier 5) you don't get any drops from him although I'm not sure how widely known that is. Of course the first time you beat him is worth a HoT MP.

Outside of finding an ad-hoc group look for an MP train or when Verdant Brink comes up in the PvE dailies.

I stumbled across a few folks fighting him over the weekend and jumped into the fray with my terribly geared Ele ( coughs lvl 61 greens :p ) and he died. Was quite surprised to get the MP. OTOH I was rather put off that I couldn't open the chest. Of course that wouldn't prevent me from beating him up again.

@Hypatia.3160 said:Part of the issue with him is that unless you have Itzel Leadership Mastery (tier 5) you don't get any drops from him although I'm not sure how widely known that is. Of course the first time you beat him is worth a HoT MP.

the problem with that is there is no achievement showing that either so it is hidden point

Outside of finding an ad-hoc group look for an MP train or when Verdant Brink comes up in the PvE dailies.

I stumbled across a few folks fighting him over the weekend and jumped into the fray with my terribly geared Ele ( coughs lvl 61 greens :p ) and he died. Was quite surprised to get the MP. OTOH I was rather put off that I couldn't open the chest. Of course that wouldn't prevent me from beating him up again.

It's an annoying fight but not too bad with two people(as long as you are prepared for the fight I guess?). Lots of knockdown and immobilize. Also bring CCs for Mayatl's breakbar. Some area damage is also nice to thin out the beetles but they are an infinite spawn.

The problems with Mayatl is1) annoying fight, horde of things that constantly use knockdown, immobilize and launch2) lousy rewards despite being limited to once a day per account3) to get the reward at all you need the mastery4) don't do this while the itzel convert event is up or you can end up with additional mobs from that event on you as well

This fight is required for a couple collections. HOPE needs it as well as the third tier of the vigil/priory/whisper backpacks. There might have been others.

If you do the VB nighttime run on a well-populated map, you can usually get enough people to kill him after the bosses are taken out by suggesting "daily Mayatl?" in map chat. I also managed to get one of the needed fights by posting a LFG and waiting a bit when there weren't any organized runs advertised.

Archived