Game crashes on map load screens

maxx.1279

The game crashes on load screens., it has done so for a long time. it is unpredictable not doing it for days and then every login.I can stay in the same map for hours but as soon as I change maps it crashes. it gives log in error, and occasionally refuses to login from the client.I have tried to troubleshoot this issue for years. even using using directions from forum posts.I have shut off other programs changed my isp setups nothing seems to have an effect.

on failed loginError Code: 42:0:9001:4402

on crash code(Code=3:11:3:191:101)

@"maxx.1279" said:clean till 92% packet loss at ncsoft....

NCSoft blocks pings, hence the inaccurate packet loss. If you were actually tracing NCSoft's servers however, note that they're no longer used. GW2 is at Amazon now, and they also block pings. If you weren't tracing Amazon, auth1.101.arenanetworks.com for NA or auth2.101.arenanetworks.com for EU.

GW2 began switching over to Amazon with PoF's launch, and have since moved over entirely. If this has been happening prior to September 2017, it's probably not the servers specifically. Try running the game on port 80 or 443 (-clientport 80), or if that doesn't help, use a VPN. Any network software could potentially cause it, the simplest way to check is to clean install Windows without installing anything else. If possible, try to rule out the router by removing or swapping it. You may also want to setup Google's DNS, since your default may be slow to update.

Archived