[Suggestion] Helmet Autotoggle in Combat

Something that has bothered me a long time.I almost never use helmets in Games unless there is an option to auto toggle them when you enter combat. It just looks so silly to idle/run around with a helmet on - anyone who has ever worn a plate helmet know why no one would ever do that. Please give us a third option on helmets so we can choose between On/Off/Combat so that we can pick the third option which will only show Helmets (Headpieces) when we enter combat! Then I could finally upgrade my fashion wars by one slot! (Currently I'm dodging helmets by either displaying no headpiece or exclusively non-helmet headpieces...)

The Divinity: Original Sin series has an option like that and I love it, it even adds to the immersion!

Since this thread disappeared so quickly I'll give it a little bump, we can't seriously be the only people who care about helmets!An Auto-Toggle option would even open up new interactions for roleplayers (anyone roleplaying a berserker who's eyes begin to glow red when he enters combat?)!

I feel so silly when I'm on my Norn Guardian, crafting something with my Stag Helmet on, I can't really see what I'm crafting but at least I look like I'm ready do jump into combat whenever I want! He must be sweating like hell in that helmet and he's probably got blisters all over his head thanks to running around in that heavy helmet all day and night...

There are so many cool helmets that my character will never wear because I like to see their faces. If the helmets appeared in combat mode only, not only would I get to enjoy my character both ways, but I would actually KNOW when I was in combat mode! Very tired of tryng to waypoint and getting that 'You can't cuz you're in combat' message when I had no idea I was being targeted (or when I'm still considered 'in combat' because of some condition that hasn't worn off yet.)

• 1 month later...

I'm still waiting for this feature!I've just created a new look for my Revenant with an awesome helmet but I don't want to manually toggle the helmet whenever I'm out of combat and I don't want to wear a helmet while out of combat either. So right now I'm still running around with my helmet hidden on most of my characters...

Archived