Revive of the worker

RedShark.9548

heyo fellow warriors,since hot ive rarely seen worker warrior in wvw zergs, for those who dont know, worker was the oldschool hammer sword/horn shoutwarrior. i know that hot did nothing to improve the worker and thus i also didnt rly touch it. now with pof its something different and i know that many ppl just want to see big fat crits and nothing more, but im wondering why almost nobody is going back to worker...ive played it and i find it alot more fun to play than destroyer due to its usefulness, especially in big groups (30-70 per zerg) i know why its used in guildraids, but those are not the topic, this is mainly for public zergs.

worker:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNBiYD7knDoYXszDwyDgZXskFYIDgCQAAPDvhDxJngLQIA-jVCEQBJZ/hBpE8fPAgYeQA8n6PA8CAYFlfcS3DAOCBkCoKhWA-w

now i made this build with around 3k hours on warrior, mainly in wvw and also to some extend in pvp and im always sad to see warriors in publics running into the enemy like monkeys to pop their bubble to then die. ill try to explain my choices.

first of, ive had to cut discipline for tactics, because the build is focused around that traitline, the amount if conditions removed by quick breathing alone is amazing, horn 4 cleans up to 5 conditions per person hit, thats all movement conditions and 2 damaging conditions, the remaining stuff is not dangerous alone or can be cleansed with horn 5 or a shout. i went for empower allies because more dmg for the group and not auto shake it off, because it activates at 1 condi to clear 2 conditions...which is a waste and most of the times activates way to early by random trash conditions.

shout heals traited because of the cd decrease and due to the healing power each shout will heal allies for 2k+ each so 10k+.

i tried to take out defense instead of discipline, but that didnt rly do the trick, id rather have atleast one endure pain than 5sec weaponswap, it often times just safes your life if stuck in a bomb or while casting bubble. 10s swap on warrior first feels weird but is not rly a problem since you can reset your f1 with fc to have something more to do than just spamming 1.

in defense i run cull the weak instead of dogged march, because i just like the 7% dmg over the reduced condi duration...and the regeneration isnt even worth mentioningauto endure pain is an easy pick, its a failsafe to not dieand balanced stance just in case your guard does a horrible job or you decide to run in front to pop a bubble in the enemies face, stability and cant be crit is a nice thing to have overall

sb traits should be self explanatory.

for equip i tried to maintain as much power as possible and with crit setting the goal to get 50% with furry. healing power i wanted to see atleast 2k heals from shouts which are easily exceeded with might since every mightstack gives 10 healingpower due to a tactic minor. and with 23k hp and 3k armor still being tanky enough to survive at the front w/o stances.

break enchantment can be swapped out for balanced stance for safer bubblecast, if needed.

thats it for now, i might add stuff

also keep in mind that this build is not just for healing, i know that other classes are better at simply healing, this is a worker build, it does many things, it has heavy boonrip, it is cc heavy (hammer and even sword flurry immo), it does moderate dmg, it has good condi clear (maybe not as frequent as some other classes, but with shouts almost instantly able to cleanse a condi bomb and horn 4 only 12s cd), it has group healing to some extend and beefs up your frontline standing next to your guards

in a 50ppl zerg its more important to survive the enemies pressure and bomb while doing enough dmg to kill them. if you burst them down while dying aswell it will just become a rallye war. so when 50ppl hit for like 1k dmg each the same person its 50k dmg with just one hit from everyone, my build hits for like 3-4k often times, so why not help keeping your group alive and soak up some dmg in the dmg cap instead of just running in, blow your load and run away, or worse, get downed and rallye someone else again.youll even be somewhat useful in a pirateship scenario and not just stand around bored as hell

a few ppl tried it and gave good feedback, but i want to hear more from other fellow warriors, so thanks for reading and feel free to give constructive criticism or ask questions

Edit: since you now get more kill participation by healing you also get alot more loot ;P (for all those loot hungry wvwler)

@Crossaber.8934 said:I have a similar build to yours, i use GS instead of sword warhorn. But what you said got a point, so i switched to sword warhorn and it was quite tanky in zerg vs zerg situation. Damage is on the low side, but the sustain is quite amazing.

ofc you wont see big crits like on a destroyer, but like i said in my opinion thats not necessary in a big blob and i see 3k crits in hammer with that gear and thats enough for me when i have that kind of support for my group...which, if the upcoming changes are true its getting even better, for great justice 12stacks might, shake it off one more condition cleansed and to the limit 100endurace instead of 50

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:I have a similar build to yours, i use GS instead of sword warhorn. But what you said got a point, so i switched to sword warhorn and it was quite tanky in zerg vs zerg situation. Damage is on the low side, but the sustain is quite amazing.

ofc you wont see big crits like on a destroyer, but like i said in my opinion thats not necessary in a big blob and i see 3k crits in hammer with that gear and thats enough for me when i have that kind of support for my group...which, if the upcoming changes are true its getting even better, for great justice 12stacks might, shake it off one more condition cleansed and to the limit 100endurace instead of 50

Thats right, i don't expect good damage with the build, but i am doing good healing to my group, a little bit help on condition management along with boon removal, not a bad build at all. Especially with the sword MH buff, shout buff, this will be even better.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:I've got a similar build I'll ditch the damage for more support. I'll get about 3k shout heals on myelf and about 3.6k shout heals on allies with trooper runes. It's probably higher because gw2skills apparently doesn't scale might with inspiring presence I should have 250 more healing power than it shows.

yea, build constructor does not take the might scaling in the calculation, but trooper rune does not affect hoch much you heal, just that you cleanse a condition with shouts....also i dont think that the build needs more heal for the sake of giving up dmg, my build is NOT a healbuild, there are classes who heal way better, the heal is just part of what this build is supposed to do, and one part is still doing some dmg. if you want a purely supportclass, go play guard or druid, this workerbuild can do alot of stuff, not just some healing

also doing atleast some dmg keeps the fun alive ;P

@RedShark.9548 said:

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:I've got a similar build I'll ditch the damage for more support. I'll get about 3k shout heals on myelf and about 3.6k shout heals on allies with trooper runes. It's probably higher because gw2skills apparently doesn't scale might with inspiring presence I should have 250 more healing power than it shows.

yea, build constructor does not take the might scaling in the calculation, but trooper rune does not affect hoch much you heal, just that you cleanse a condition with shouts....also i dont think that the build needs more heal for the sake of giving up dmg, my build is
NOT
a healbuild, there are classes who heal way better, the heal is just part of what this build is supposed to do, and one part is still doing some dmg. if you want a purely supportclass, go play guard or druid, this workerbuild can do alot of stuff, not just some healing

Yea I know trooper runes don't heal. But like I've said in past posts IMO if you're going to do a shout heal build commit to a shout heal build. Yes I know you're doing a modern take on the throng surfer build. For me it just doesn't flow as well as it used to, and yes other classes do the job a ton better. To me you're already committing half your skills to do a small heal and condi cleanse, you might as well fully commit. Mine's not even a full shout heal build which would be shout healing you for about 3.6k each shout and shout healing allies for about 5.2k each shout (about 19-21.2k shout heals on allies every 20-24 seconds depending if you have might and on how my math on inspiring presence is).

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

yea, build constructor does not take the might scaling in the calculation, but trooper rune does not affect hoch much you heal, just that you cleanse a condition with shouts....also i dont think that the build needs more heal for the sake of giving up dmg, my build is
NOT
a healbuild, there are classes who heal way better, the heal is just part of what this build is supposed to do, and one part is still doing some dmg. if you want a purely supportclass, go play guard or druid, this workerbuild can do alot of stuff, not just some healing

Yea I know trooper runes don't heal. But like I've said in past posts IMO if you're going to do a shout heal build commit to a shout heal build. Yes I know you're doing a modern take on the throng surfer build. For me it just doesn't flow as well as it used to, and yes other classes do the job a ton better. To me you're already committing half your skills to do a small heal and condi cleanse, you might as well fully commit. Mine's not even a full shout heal build which would be shout healing you for about 3.6k each shout and shout healing allies for about 5.2k each shout (about 19-21.2k shout heals on allies every 20-24 seconds depending if you have might and on how my math on inspiring presence is).

heal scaling just isnt good enough to commit the whole build to healing, its simply not worth to do. if i just wanted to heal id be playing druid... the scaling and cd on shouts is the reason why no one rly plays worker if they want to be competetive in any way, because most of them are like you and think they had to go full out healing, which ofc sucks compared to other healing classes. its not and i repeat not a healing build, the healing is more of a sideeffect to all the other stuff the build does

@RedShark.9548 said:

NOT

heal scaling just isnt good enough to commit the whole build to healing, its simply not worth to do. if i just wanted to heal id be playing druid... the scaling and cd on shouts is the reason why no one rly plays worker if they want to be competetive in any way, because most of them are like you and think they had to go full out healing, which ofc sucks compared to other healing classes. its not and i repeat not a healing build, the healing is more of a sideeffect to all the other stuff the build does

You give might, fury, swiftness, vigor, +150 power, and condition cleanses (your build also gives endurance too) in addition to the healing. I know the build, I ran it for allot longer than I probably should have. The problem is there are more efficient builds out there. The way your build is setup you'd have to be running more mid-line and jump in once the front line has taken the brunt of the damage, it's a problem most warrior builds run into. You have no way to take a condi bomb to your face once you blow through your condi cleanses you're screwed (current GS/H DPS build doesn't do well on this either, very large requirement from allies to keep you alive). At the end of the day most warriors are a jack of all trades, master of none.

NOT

You give might, fury, swiftness, vigor, +150 power, and condition cleanses (your build also gives endurance too) in addition to the healing. I know the build, I ran it for allot longer than I probably should have. The problem is there are more efficient builds out there. The way your build is setup you'd have to be running more mid-line and jump in once the front line has taken the brunt of the damage, it's a problem most warrior builds run into. You have no way to take a condi bomb to your face once you blow through your condi cleanses you're screwed (current GS/H DPS build doesn't do well on this either, very large requirement from allies to keep you alive). At the end of the day most warriors are a jack of all trades, master of none.

warrior is the master of boonrip and cc, not even necro can corrupt as many boons as sb ripps in a short amount of time, and warrior can hold them then in place to be killed. abd next to that as shout you aswell get the support.

also why wouldnt you want a jack of all trades in a big blob? its way easier to have a balanced out zerg with ppl who can do more than 1 thing. if you only have masters at one thing in your zerg, chances are high youll end up with only dmg and no heal or no frontline etc. theres a big difference in guildzergs to publics, they can exactly play what they want and need, in a public you cant rly tell the ppl what to play all of the time

I think its a matter of player preference, as long as the build is working for you and the one around you, its a viable build, more damage, more heal, more CC, more boon rip, thats all depend on the master mind behind the keyboard, its nice we can see more build diversity for warrior as a whole. Today i just roamed with my newly created burn zerker and very powerful both roaming and zerging, i don't get why to many players berserker is considered trash...

@Crossaber.8934 said:I think its a matter of player preference, as long as the build is working for you and the one around you, its a viable build, more damage, more heal, more CC, more boon rip, thats all depend on the master mind behind the keyboard, its nice we can see more build diversity for warrior as a whole. Today i just roamed with my newly created burn zerker and very powerful both roaming and zerging, i don't get why to many players berserker is considered trash...

in terms of power builds, Berserker IS trash. Condi tho, is when it shines.

@danielrazor.6041 said:

@Crossaber.8934 said:I think its a matter of player preference, as long as the build is working for you and the one around you, its a viable build, more damage, more heal, more CC, more boon rip, thats all depend on the master mind behind the keyboard, its nice we can see more build diversity for warrior as a whole. Today i just roamed with my newly created burn zerker and very powerful both roaming and zerging, i don't get why to many players berserker is considered trash...

Its a shame though, arc divider is the most beautiful warrior skill of all...

@Crossaber.8934 said:

if with beautiful you mean hittig 10k dmg from a long ass range on a thief, then yes thats beautiful, its still trash after they nerfed the way it interacted with adrenalin traits, getting to a 30adrenalin bar to then turn into berserker, not gaining anything from it, to then using one burst that gets dodged and still not having a single stack adrenal health is just sad

@RedShark.9548 said:

if with beautiful you mean hittig 10k dmg from a long kitten range on a thief, then yes thats beautiful, its still trash after they nerfed the way it interacted with adrenalin traits, getting to a 30adrenalin bar to then turn into berserker, not gaining anything from it, to then using one burst that gets dodged and still not having a single stack adrenal health is just sad

Beautiful i mean the skill looks beautiful aesthetically, i always love sword skill that unleash shock wave attack, as a warrior we don’t have any of these until we get arc divider.

@bLind.6278 said:I really don't want to play shout warrior again. It feels so passive and tags poorly for me.

I much prefer hammer/GS, and I'd even play Hammer/GS berserker before I played shoutwar again.

its not at all passiv, especially while pirateshipping you are not just standig around doing nothing like you do with hammer gs, you have way more stuff to press at the right time, look at your group for conditions etc and can be longer in the thick of a fight, not just as lonh as your stances are up , also due to the fact that they buffed the participation through healing you tag more ppl than with hammer/gs. there is still a big difference from old worker to sb worker

you should rly try it out before you make such claims, doing a bit less burst doesnt mean being more passiv jfyi

• 1 month later...

Yea so I tried this a lot, there are guilds out there running full heal shout warriors but I don't believe it's effective at all in gvg setting. Played pretty much exactly your build in blobs and I found it hard to get bubbles off or push deep. I feel like maybe full cleric would be better for this build since the heals right now feel rather ineffective and won't save you from bombs.

The one area this build excelled in was full on pirateship since the cleanses you can bring are insane, and it's a lot more effective than resistance from a rev for example which can kill your party. Also the immob from sword is very nice.

So basically playing this build restricts you to defensive bubbles only since any deep pushes you make will easily kill you and a lot of times your bubble gets interrupted. I would suggest to drop the shout heal to defiant stance and shake it off auto trait in tactics for extra cleanse and stun break. But in most difficult fights I find myself going back to zerker stances.

@ImperialWL.7138 said:Yea so I tried this a lot, there are guilds out there running full heal shout warriors but I don't believe it's effective at all in gvg setting. Played pretty much exactly your build in blobs and I found it hard to get bubbles off or push deep. I feel like maybe full cleric would be better for this build since the heals right now feel rather ineffective and won't save you from bombs.

The one area this build excelled in was full on pirateship since the cleanses you can bring are insane, and it's a lot more effective than resistance from a rev for example which can kill your party. Also the immob from sword is very nice.

So basically playing this build restricts you to defensive bubbles only since any deep pushes you make will easily kill you and a lot of times your bubble gets interrupted. I would suggest to drop the shout heal to defiant stance and shake it off auto trait in tactics for extra cleanse and stun break. But in most difficult fights I find myself going back to zerker stances.

thanks for your feedback, mind that the heal is not supposed to save you from bombs, its just some sort of sustain that comes with a big package of other stuff

have you tried swapping break enchantments for balanced stance? with auto stabi, your own balanced stance and auto endure pain i dont rly have more problems placing offensive bubbles than with any other build

to the autoshout trait i can just say that it triggers when you have a single condition on you and i hope you understand why that makes the trait basically useless and why you will basically never have this function as a stunbreak

to the cleric stats i can just say that i dont think that the healing scales well enough with shouts to justify that much of a damage loss

ive played defiant stance and healshout and it doesnt make much of a difference to me, both are like full heals, the shout just adds more group support while the stance is simply selfish

pushing deep doesnt rly feel that much different to the normal gs/hammer build for me, you either get your bubble out or you get unlucky (because with pulsing balance stance its more of a luck thing) or you dont, you can even clear condis with shouts while channeling bubble

@RedShark.9548 said:to the cleric stats i can just say that i dont think that the healing scales well enough with shouts to justify that much of a damage loss

Have you crunched the numbers that you can get out of a cleric setup?From what I'm looking at I could probably get about 37.5k heals on each of your 4 other allies every 20-24 seconds. On yourself you could probably get about 51k heals in the same time span. Granted this is all on paper and monk runes instead of trooper but the build has allot of condi removal already.

@RedShark.9548 said:to the cleric stats i can just say that i dont think that the healing scales well enough with shouts to justify that much of a damage loss

Have you crunched the numbers that you can get out of a cleric setup?From what I'm looking at I could probably get about 37.5k heals on each of your 4 other allies every 20-24 seconds. On yourself you could probably get about 51k heals in the same time span. Granted this is all on paper and monk runes instead of trooper but the build has allot of condi removal already.

no i havent actually, but i want to do atleast some damage, if i wanted to play a full heal build id got druid/rev/guard :P, also soldier rune is 5 condition removes with each shout

@RedShark.9548 said:

no i havent actually, but i want to do atleast some damage, if i wanted to play a full heal build id got druid/rev/guard :P, also soldier rune is 5 condition removes with each shout

Wait sorry my numbers were off, on allies it's about 40.4k heals and on ourselves it's about 52k heals. But also to me I don't believe in halfway doing builds, if you're going to heal allies on a warrior then you'd better be healing allies, not just spreading false hopes by giving little heals which is why I'm playing with this. On the trooper vs monk runes yes it clears more conditions but you'd be surprised how much healing it cuts out.