Red dots

Little Tess.3981

If someone caps a sentry you can no longer see them get marked when others pass later. Those who come within the range of the sentry stay marked for a short period after.

Also towers with the Watch Tower upgrade will mark players within range until that tower is capped.

Once marked, stealth will not hide them until it wears off.

Edit: I forgot to mention your server must own the sentry and tower to see the dots.

@Loosmaster.8263 said:If someone caps a sentry you can no longer see them get marked when others pass later. Those who come within the range of the sentry stay marked for a short period after.

Also towers with the Watch Tower upgrade will mark players within range until that tower is capped.

Once marked, stealth will not hide them until it wears off.

Edit: I forgot to mention your server must own the sentry and tower to see the dots.

please dont give false information. marked effect does not prevent people to hide with stealth.even full zergs sometimes fail to find a marked enemy because the red dot on the map doesnt change position with the stealthed target. it sometimes jumps to the current position but that is like once every 1 min or so and seems unconsistent - might run some tests next time 2 of my accounts are matched against each other to be able to tell you exactly how often or why the position jumps. so if you keep moving with the marked buff while keeping up stealth , your opponents will have a hard time finding you and only by random AoE spamm or by spotting one of your skill animations.

you get marked if you get into range of a hostile sentry, here it is important the area is allways the same regardless of the position of the sentry NPC. therefor if a passing dolyak drags the sentry away, you might be able to kill the sentry outside the mark area and this way flip it without being marked once.

watchtowers apply mark when entering the area it does not pulse mark, therefor there are possibilities ingame to be in the area without mark - do not rely on the mark for scouting.

you can get to every structure and open every structure without being marked, would take too long to write down every way to bypass marks but just test a bit and you will figure.

@Little Tess.3981 said:Thanks so much I love playing WvW but at times find myself laying on the ground more then running around haha

the way your opponents can see you on the map, you may spot them aswell. dont just look for red dots, look for flipped / contested structures , keep an eye on sentries , dolyaks , shrines on rbl, merc camps on ebg etc to predict enemy movement. by the speed objects are flipped you might guess their approximate number. you can also click on structures when they flip to see if there is 0,1,2,3 guild waiting for claim and wich ones they are as you might have run into them before and this way know how many they are.most people these days are very predictable when moving on the map, they run clear circles, so it is not hard to hunt them or avoid them. with this you may run into more encounters your teamsize can handle.another thing that also may help, run a build with high escape potential if you run solo / very small group, to get away from outnumbered situation like you described above. one can win 2 vs 12, but it requires your opponents to be terribly bad and too often they understood that pressing their interaction key(default f) will ressurect their teammates.

Archived