Yeah, that seems like an odd question, but I don't know if I need help or not.
Been playing the game for a few weeks now; only took about 3 days to decide I was here for the long haul and upgraded to the 2 expacs. I dabbled with a few classes but have stuck with my Ranger.
**So when you were playing your first character and hit early 50's, what advice do you wish someone had given you?
- I'm playing Ranger LB/GS, running Marks and Nature so far. Stat priority: Power - Precision - Ferocity
- I'm not a fan of button mashing so I run with 3 signets + Pack elite skill (which I always forget to use)
- Crafting is 52/75 Hunts 10/75 LW. Having a hard time focusing on this since I keep getting upgrades from quests.
- Yesterday I finished the LV 30 stage of my Personal Story. Currently I'm trying to follow that as a path through the content.
- I always drop what I'm doing for Champion events or World Bosses. Yesterday I participated in the downing the Triple Threat worm boss. I had no idea what to expect, but I just followed my Commander around and listened to instructions.
- I'm mixing / matching salvaging gear drops and selling them on the Trading Post. I've purchased 3 upgrades from the TP, but mostly upgrade from drops, level rewards or karma vendors.
- I completed Sharkmaw Caverns and bought the sweet LB at LV 44, but I think I suck at jumping puzzles. Not sure if I can find my way back there on other characters though.
- I don't like underwater combat
- I'm too frugal (read: cheap) to pay 60c to teleport to waypoints, so I tend to run a lot, unless a Champion event pops up
- I'm not in a guild, nor do I think I'm ready for organized group content. Eventually I would like to do dungeons, as they were a big part of my gaming experience in both WoW and LoTR MMOs, but am not sure if I'm missing out on playing solo / outside a guild.
That's me in an e-nutshell.
Really enjoying the game. It's very different from the ones I've played in the past (I didn't care much for GW1 tbh), but I couldn't continue with MMO-on-a-treadmill games, so GW2 suits me so far.
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated!