Lets talk about disconnects / Ideas how to handle them

Nero.7369

Hey,I know everyone of us hates disconnects. It's nearly an instant game throw for the team if someone has a dc.I've sometimes an unsteady connection. Not that drastic and i can bite my ass everytime when my network issues show up during playing pvp.And during season I made an really annoying expierence. I often use tethering via my phone then to get back in with a ok connection (some higher latency, not optimal for pvp tho)But even if I get back and our team has a difference of 50~100 points, people just ask me to leave again, so they dont lose ranking points. In this season i got 2 dc in 90 matches.

On the one hand i want just to enjoy the game and get back in and try to still win. On the other hand I don't want other people to suffer thanks to my bad network.Fact is the match is most likely lost. Even if I get back the frustration level on the team is high. I personally dont care much about ranking anymore...people ask me to leave because they only need x ranking points to divison y. I mean if you deserve to get into a division you will get there anyway... but what will you get from it? nothin.. at least not when it's not about leaderboard placement. So I can decide between leaving and getting dishonored or keep going on.

And i really don't like that. Why isn't there some fairplay enforcement?Lets take football/soccer for example. If there someone got hurt and gets treatment on the sideline but will back in, a player from the other team will usually leave the field as well for fairplay. And if the person is treated and fine again, both go back to the field.I could imagine something like that for a pvp match as well. If someone has a dc, search for a volunteer on the other team to stay in base or switch in spectrator. If nobody does, pick one randomly. The downsite would be of course that one of the other team can't play as well.

What are your experience? What do you think? Have you other ideas?

Archived