Changing my race?

Shadrir.4762

@"Shadrir.4762" said:Is there any way to change my race without leveling up another guy to 80. I hate the look an animation on this character but like the class.

There is no way to change a character's race and unlikely to be so ever in the future.(Short story: there's a lot of the character data that presumes race never changes, so it would require a lot more adjustment than a simple change like "race = norn human")

The only way to get a character of another race is to make a new one.

But it might be possible to fix the problem with a more minor change, although it could be difficult to work out what exactly needs changing. For example I once made a (thankfully temporary) female asuran revenant and I hated her running animation. Which is weird because I have a female asuran guardian and the way she runs never bothered me, even though it's the same animation. After I was done with the rev I used the slot to experiment and worked out the difference was the height and ear length - my guardian is minimum height and has short ears, the rev was max height and had very long ears - and just that was enough to make the animation look different.

If you want to experiment with things like that I strongly recommend using a spare character slot and only paying for a make-over kit once you've found something which works. You can't preview animations when using a makeover kit and trial and error could quickly get expensive.

Archived