How about removing pvp amulet system and...

xiao.2614

let players use gear and food like at wvw. Pretty much new breath + food (PogChamp) + new build (op ones), at the end of the day its not even close esports game because its mmo, real esports are dota, lol, csgo. Anything else is a joke. Also now pvpers would have reason to keep gold for builds etc and there is wont be these naked or 2 lvls players on smurfs also tomes of knowledge became usefull for new chars. I dont remeber waht i wanted to write more actually. Its sounds stupid but thiink about it for a minute Kappa

@sephiroth.4217 said:I think a better option would be to make PvP based off 3 amulets.

1 amulet for armor, 1 amulet for weapons and 1 amulet for trinkets, allowing more diversity into our builds. Better yet, how about give us 5 trait lines again?

THAT....WOULD....BE...AWSOME.........if it was not for the fact that anet has not the best balancing history issues.

@sephiroth.4217 said:I think a better option would be to make PvP based off 3 amulets.

1 amulet for armor, 1 amulet for weapons and 1 amulet for trinkets, allowing more diversity into our builds. Better yet, how about give us 5 trait lines again?

Maybe not just 3 amulets but i agree the trait line is kind of ehh.. now. If maybe there was a non spec trait line added without a expac or anything then allowing 4 lines to be chosen. Might make it interesting. 3 base with a spec or 4 base with core build.

So basically you want to kill the best feature that GW2 has for PvP, such as NO GEAR GRIND. Instead you kinda want unexperienced people getting carried by the power of gear that we know is going to reward mostly who is hardcore enough to spend several hours per day in farming some gear pieces (like is happening in many other MMOs). This will lead to the unfortunate situation where anyone who hasn't deeply learnt game mechanics will be able to obtain a consistent portion of advantages in pvp due the gear they grinded.

The problem with some players nowadays is that they don't want to become better, they just want easy wins, hence we have so many complaints on this forum

Huh I like that idea.

And I would love having 5(well 6 with a slottable elite). Like I’d kiss everyone at Anet I’d love it

You never really had 5 trait lines.What you could do is have incomplete ones.

Back On topic: OP's suggestion makes no sense. That's pretty much the best part about sPvP, the use of standardized gear and stats so that everything is numerically even without extra variables, such as foods.

@xiao.2614 said:let players use gear and food like at wvw. Pretty much new breath + food (PogChamp) + new build (op ones), at the end of the day its not even close esports game because its mmo, real esports are dota, lol, csgo. Anything else is a joke. Also now pvpers would have reason to keep gold for builds etc and there is wont be these naked or 2 lvls players on smurfs also tomes of knowledge became usefull for new chars. I dont remeber waht i wanted to write more actually. Its sounds stupid but thiink about it for a minute Kappa

game is allready broken with the amulet system, if you gonna replace it with pve gear things will get way worse...we allready have 4 stats amulets, which is basically the equivalent of the old amulet+jewel that we used to have. Besides this change would pretty much kill sPvP for a lot of players....it is in fact a pretty stupid idea.

The amulet system is the best part of pvp. There is no gear gap because there is no gear. It is what I like best about gw2 pvp. This system makes it head and shoulders above pvp in other mmos in my opinion.

I can deal with class imbalance. There will always be class imbalance. I can deal with limited maps or pvp game modes. Those things don’t bother me as much as gear gaps no matter how small. Sure skill can overcome gear gaps, but having a gear advantage totally defeats the purpose of pvp in my opinion. Doubling down on gear gaps and making gear harder to obtain is what killed swtor for me and why I left it for this game. Take the amulet system away from gw2 pvp and all you have left is the imbalanced classe and stale maps. People would be much less inclined to try new builds too.

Id drop pvp in a heart beat if they did that because I’d be so pissed that they threw away the best part of gw2 pvp. And since pvp is what I mainly do I’d probably just quit the game.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"sephiroth.4217" said:I think a better option would be to make PvP based off 3 amulets.

Back On topic: OP's suggestion makes no sense. That's pretty much the best part about sPvP, the use of standardized gear and stats so that everything is numerically even without extra variables, such as foods.

Yes we had 5 trait lines, no you couldn't be 30/30/30/30/30 unless you were a meme warrior build....

I'm honestly confused by your comment, did you think all 5 trait lines were fully picked for you? Or did you assume they were? I'm guessing that's why you made your comment because they weren't, we actually got to pick what we wanted back then using 70 points I believe.... 0/10/0/30/30 if I remember right was my Elementalist build.

traitsshot.jpg

I think gear pvp balance for everyone is actually one of the best things in the game, everybody has access to the same gears without being punished for having green or blue gear.

What I would like the most would be more personalization, like I dont wanna go zerker spellbreaker or marauder spellbreaker forced, but maybe marauder armor and berseker trinkets to have more customisation.

Another thing could be save presets builds for an easy switch even before the match begins.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

Yes we had 5 trait lines, no you couldn't be 30/30/30/30/30 unless you were a meme warrior build....

I'm honestly confused by your comment, did you think all 5 trait lines were fully picked for you? Or did you assume they were? I'm guessing that's why you made your comment because they weren't, we actually got to pick what we wanted back then using 70 points I believe.... 0/10/0/30/30 if I remember right was my Elementalist build.

traitsshot.jpg

Like i said, you couldn't ever pick 5 trait lines, you'd never get to pick more than one grandmaster if you went for more than 3 lines, and seeing that Grand Masters are usually the most impactful, it was a waste of traits.

That whole system was crap, forcing you to pick bad traits because you needed the stat points associated with it. The new system is much more robust and prefeable. (Although they could rework several traits to remove out-of-theme traits that are just useless in a lot of lines).

@Xarimath.4518 said:So basically you want to kill the best feature that GW2 has for PvP, such as NO GEAR GRIND. Instead you kinda want unexperienced people getting carried by the power of gear that we know is going to reward mostly who is hardcore enough to spend several hours per day in farming some gear pieces (like is happening in many other MMOs). This will lead to the unfortunate situation where anyone who hasn't deeply learnt game mechanics will be able to obtain a consistent portion of advantages in pvp due the gear they grinded.

The problem with some players nowadays is that they don't want to become better, they just want easy wins, hence we have so many complaints on this forum

omfg im plat 2 fuck offseems like you have some mental problems or smth if you talking about grind in gw2, this is fucking jokeits easier than anything else in other mmos to get best stats possible (asc) wtf you talking, trash

i wasnt even trying, played power shatter chrono bc i stiill havent pof rofli was afking when i wanted or doing whatever i want in matches and still got top kills/damage in every second match minimumpvp is a joke and its funny to watch when casuals on forums trying to explain about how hardcore is farming asc gear in guild wars OMEGALUL164b3bb9beaa10df82ba6d341e55bf58.png

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

traitsshot.jpg

Like i said, you couldn't ever pick 5 trait lines, you'd never get to pick more than one grandmaster if you went for more than 3 lines, and seeing that Grand Masters are usually the most impactful, it was a waste of traits.

That whole system was crap, forcing you to pick bad traits because you needed the stat points associated with it. The new system is much more robust and prefeable. (Although they could rework several traits to remove out-of-theme traits that are just useless in a lot of lines).

Oh I get it now, you're just clarifying the obvious.

See all I said was that we had 5 trait lines, and we did, I never mentioned that they came fully equipped, you were just adding that bit more detail right? (I'm used to people here looking for an argument over nothing and thought that's what you were'doing)

Personally, I prefer the old trait system and so did quite a few of my friends, that change and change to guild halls pretty much made them leave the game but since then I've convinced probably about 8 or so people to start the game, 2 of which I paid for both expansions. Game adapts and evolves, sometimes for bad and sometimes for good but overall it's still a great game.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

traitsshot.jpg

Oh I get it now, you're just clarifying the obvious.

See all I said was that we had 5 trait lines, and we did, I never mentioned that they came fully equipped, you were just adding that bit more detail right? (I'm used to people here looking for an argument over nothing and thought that's what you were'doing)

Personally, I prefer the old trait system and so did quite a few of my friends, that change and change to guild halls pretty much made them leave the game but since then I've convinced probably about 8 or so people to start the game, 2 of which I paid for both expansions. Game adapts and evolves, sometimes for bad and sometimes for good but overall it's still a great game.

I liked the options and flexibility you gained by being allowed to take just taking Adept and Master traits In more lines.But disliked having those linked to stats. Also it would probably be weird with Elite specializations, so all in all i prefer the current system, just dislike that in several builds you have to take a whole line of useless traits for a single grandmaster or not even that, because there's no coherency of theme within a lot of the trait lines.One example is Inspiration trait line in Mesmer: It's a core line for support Chronomancers, but until the last patch, you only wanted 2 of it's traits (Inspiring Ilusions GM and Inspiring Distortion a Minor trait), the rest was pretty much filler (a bit less with minstrel chronos).Now you use more shatters so having Restorative Illusions plus Healing Prism does give you a bit more support (especially if minstrel's), but the minor's are still a bit filler.

A more flexible gear system would certainly encourage me to play pvp again.

Even something as simple as 3 parts - amulet, armour and weapon or something...

Better yet, full customisation as in pve and wvw, obviously with certain stat sets banned (is dire/TB), and with lower overall stat totals. I would like the freedom of customising to personal preference.

Of course ideally a continuous stat system with capped totals and stat combination exclusions (ie can't have two defensive stats above x points each when chosen together, etc) would be ideal.

devs already fucked up balancing, no need more new systems for them its too muchbest is to start with current system like wvw gears with infusions and such so they (DEVS) wont f u c k e d up pvp moreand from that poiint balancing thiings in pvp and wvw same time like nerf backstabs from 16k+ dmg or power mes burst (a bit) or dire gear etc

Archived