Game not launching

I am having issues launching the game. The updater will come up, update, I can login, and then when I hit play the updater disappears but nothing happens. Sometime the guild wars icon appears on my bar for about 1/2 a second then disappears. I have tried running as administrator and done the client repair and reinstalled. I made sure I didn't have any windows updates. I dont get any error codes, just nothing.

Try forcing windowed mode using the option -windowed. There's a bug where GW2 will default to an invalid resolution.

Overlays and anything that hooks into the graphics can cause it. If you have multiple GPUs, ensure GW2 is using the right one by configuring it through your GPU's control panel (or possibly by renaming Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe).

• Thanks 1

@"Healix.5819" said:Try forcing windowed mode using the option -windowed. There's a bug where GW2 will default to an invalid resolution.

Overlays and anything that hooks into the graphics can cause it. If you have multiple GPUs, ensure GW2 is using the right one by configuring it through your GPU's control panel (or possibly by renaming Gw2-64.exe to Gw2.exe).

This worked! Thanks so much!

@"Healix.5819" said:Try forcing windowed mode using the option -windowed. There's a bug where GW2 will default to an invalid resolution.

I've had the very same issue and even with the GW techie guy trying to help me via support, reinstalling, disabling antivirus, websafe etc, etc. and it still wouldn't load. I thought I'd give your suggestion of -windowed a try and it works! Thank you

I am experiencing this issue and want to try your solution. How do i force windowed mode? When i click play the client crashes so i do not see any options for windowed

@Aevis.4632 said:

@"Healix.5819" said:Try forcing windowed mode using the option
. There's a bug where GW2 will default to an invalid resolution.

I am experiencing this issue and want to try your solution. How do i force windowed mode? When i click play the client crashes so i do not see any options for windowed

You would use Command Line Arguments. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...