New Annimations are desperately needed

Artyport.2084

Developers always claim that animations are expensive and difficult to do, but there are cheap solutions nowadays, it's not 2012 anymore. You don't have to outsource to get mocap, either, so you can have new animations cheaply and forever when you have your own equipment.

Having said all of this, I have to suggest that while some of the in-game animations are beautiful, and the way the characters return to idle is always great, I think there's an issue with some of the skills looking ... not as good as they might. In the feedback thread for PoF there were about 50 posts that mentioned the word CLUNKY in the 7 pages I bothered to count them on. Make of that what you will, but I point my finger at animations.

@coglin.1496 said:

@Artyport.2084 said:New Animations are desperately needed

I do not believe "needed" means what you appear to think it means. You must mean "wanted". I know I do not "need" new animations. To be honest, it is one of the last things I care to see dev time wasted on.

Needed!!bye felecia

Also, I know it's a big request but I would really appreciate a different idle stance for scepter. It's extremely brutish how your character hunches over with it clutched in their fist. I'd prefer to see it be closer to the staff pose where your character is erect and dignified, instead of the melee combat idle.

Though I fully admit that this is a royal buttload of work.

Archived