Suggestion: Turn Fractal Equipment Boxes into Fractal Relics

reapex.8546

Fractals have been through a lot of changes and with the new reward additions in December 2016, Fractal Relics are extremely useful. In the past, I used Fractal Equipment Boxes for bags on my characters. However, with the new rewards, I would prefer to turn these old Equipment Boxes into Fractal Relics. Could you please consider this, Anet? Thank you.

@reapex.8546 said:Fractals have been through a lot of changes and with the new reward additions in December 2016, Fractal Relics are extremely useful. In the past, I used Fractal Equipment Boxes for bags on my characters. However, with the new rewards, I would prefer to turn these old Equipment Boxes into Fractal Relics. Could you please consider this, Anet? Thank you.

The cheapest fractal box costs 150 relics. For how much would you be willing to sell it back to the vendor?

@Faaris.8013 said:

@reapex.8546 said:Fractals have been through a lot of changes and with the new reward additions in December 2016, Fractal Relics are extremely useful. In the past, I used Fractal Equipment Boxes for bags on my characters. However, with the new rewards, I would prefer to turn these old Equipment Boxes into Fractal Relics. Could you please consider this, Anet? Thank you.

The cheapest fractal box costs 150 relics. For how much would you be willing to sell it back to the vendor?

I'll let Anet decide that.

@Geisterlicht.6083 said:

I'd definitely trade some boxes if I get the same amount of relics they cost at the vendor.Actually that could even help people getting 20 glove boxes in a and no single chest piece.

He didn't mean ascended boxes.

@OP:Since the equipment boxes are very cheap (150 - 250 relics) it is really no difference if you run fractals for one more day/week instead of changing boxes back to relics. I'm buying clovers daily (600 relics) and I'm still netting more of them than spending.

@Vinceman.4572 said:Since the equipment boxes are very cheap (150 - 250 relics) it is really no difference if you run fractals for one more day/week instead of changing boxes back to relics. I'm buying clovers daily (600 relics) and I'm still netting more of them than spending.

The clovers cost you 300 relics per day. If you do both cms + T4 dailies + recs, you still get about 300 relics per day. I rather get clovers with gold though, since I can always make more gold, but the amount of relics you get decreases significantly after the dailies are done.

I still wouldn't give my boxes back because I would have to replace them with other bags/boxes that have 20 slots. So let's say you get 110 relics refund. When I replace a box with another bag that has 20 slots, it costs me about 11 gold. If it were possible to buy relics with gold, would I pay 1 gold for 10 relics? Certainly not!

@reapex.8546 said:

@"Vinceman.4572" said:Doesn't matter you still get enough relics after buying both clovers daily. If you don't buy them you are drowning in relics very soon. Reverting the bags to their old price would only make a minimal difference.

You're welcome to your opinion but what's minimum for you may not be minimal for others.

So, then tell me for what do you need the relics other than the attunements? I'm close to the "Fractal God" title at the moment and I (and all the others I know) get enough relics. It's several thousand per month. 1 bag is only 150 - 250 relics - you get way more through dailies. It just doesn't make sense to me to reconvert them and paying a lot of gold for new bags instead of running fractals for around 1 more week.I take my account as an example - according to GW2efficiency:February, 10th: 28254 relics vs. February, 22nd: 31502 relicsThat's an increase of 3248 relics within 12 days only via CMs, T4s and Recs on a daily basis. Plus I bought clovers on 11 days - without them it would have been an increase of 3300 resulting in 6548 relics within 12 days. See the peanuts of selling bags?I'm just surprised that this is still not enough for you. :)

• 1 month later...

I agree this would be useful, being that the last equipment box is only an exotic equipment box so you would no longer use it after you become higher level enough and get some ascended drops

And peanuts or not, it's more satisfying to trade in stuff for relics instead of being forced to destroy a beloved used thing XD. <--hurts my heart to destroy stuff...I guess if we are talking items in fractals it would be appropriate to crosspost my suggestion of exotic equipment box being exotic/ascended equipment box in this subforum

@cloudsareyum.8120 said:I agree this would be useful, being that the last equipment box is only an exotic equipment box so you would no longer use it after you become higher level enough and get some ascended drops

And peanuts or not, it's more satisfying to trade in stuff for relics instead of being forced to destroy a beloved used thing XD. <--hurts my heart to destroy stuff...I guess if we are talking items in fractals it would be appropriate to crosspost my suggestion of exotic equipment box being exotic/ascended equipment box in this subforum

It would be nice to be able to upgrade the exotic boxes into ascended ones. Since, ascended gear didn't exist when Fractals were released.

Archived