I like the mesmer rework but...

zealex.9410

@"zealex.9410" said:This might need to be looked at abit.

Care to explain "this"?

All I see is a montage of kills on players completely ignoring a 15k full berserker wrecking them, already low and running away or playing a melee focussed build that can not deal with ranged burst.

@Vieux P.1238 said:Same old pleberians trying to trash mesmer so it can be nerfed to death. Not anoth it already been nerfed before. Apparently threw this video it clearly suppose to show & convince us on how OP Mesmer are right now. Bkitten...plzzzz!PS: the song is -git gewd!

I believe that the ability to spam so many zerkers back to back is abit too much. And we arent even talkig about how the downed phantasm can 1shot ppl.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Vieux P.1238 said:Same old pleberians trying to trash mesmer so it can be nerfed to death. Not anoth it already been nerfed before. Apparently threw this video it clearly suppose to show & convince us on how OP Mesmer are right now. Bkitten...plzzzz!PS: the song is -git gewd!

I believe that the ability to spam so many zerkers back to back is abit too much. And we arent even talkig about how the downed phantasm can 1shot ppl.

Yes it will one shot you IF, you don't dodge or have some protection boon on. If it crits. & IF you are fully zerky glassy build that when sneezing on you will drop you dead. But other then that, fat chance to one shot you with any of the phantasm.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

Yes it will one shot you IF, you don't dodge or have some protection boon on. If it crits. & IF you are fully zerky glassy build that when sneezing on you will drop you dead. But other then that, fat chance to one shot you with any of the phantasm.

how many dodges can u have if you arent a dd or a mirage?

@zealex.9410 said:

Considering you're facing a downed mesmer that should be stomped before they even use the thing, I'm sure you can spare 1 dodge.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

Considering you're facing a downed mesmer that should be stomped before they even use the thing, I'm sure you can spare 1 dodge.

i was talking about their phantasms while they are up.

@zealex.9410 said:I believe that the ability to spam so many zerkers back to back is abit too much. And we arent even talkig about how the downed phantasm can 1shot ppl.

Well if you are saying that the way combat in GW2 is way too spammy, zerker thiefs killing you in 2 hits, 16000 red circles stacking everywhere, sure, fully agree. But do keep in mind: That's not a mesmer-specific problem.

Yes, other than visibility the spammability and skill overload is the biggest problem the game faces, but that needs to be solved at a game-level. Skills should have purity of purpose, and so should sections of combat time (that is, if I want to deal damage, I don't also apply 156 secondary debuffs and effects, I don't heal, I don't get buffs, and I will be stuck dealing damage for 2-3 seconds).

@Carighan.6758 said:

@zealex.9410 said:I believe that the ability to spam so many zerkers back to back is abit too much. And we arent even talkig about how the downed phantasm can 1shot ppl.

Well if you are saying that the way combat in GW2 is
way
too spammy, zerker thiefs killing you in 2 hits, 16000 red circles stacking everywhere, sure, fully agree. But do keep in mind:
That's not a mesmer-specific problem

Yes, other than visibility the spammability and skill overload is the biggest problem the game faces, but that needs to be solved at a game-level. Skills should have purity of purpose, and so should sections of combat time (that is, if I want to deal damage, I don't also apply 156 secondary debuffs and effects, I don't heal, I don't get buffs, and I will be stuck dealing damage for 2-3 seconds).

Simply because its not mesmer specific doesb mean its doesnt have to do with mesmer. ideally it should be dealt with with every class that can spam so much dmg. Mesmer included.

@zealex.9410 said:

way
too spammy, zerker thiefs killing you in 2 hits, 16000 red circles stacking everywhere, sure, fully agree. But do keep in mind:

Simply because its not mesmer specific doesb mean its doesnt have to do with mesmer. ideally it should be dealt with with every class that can spam so much dmg. Mesmer included.

well if you wanna balance anything , maybe start calling out stuff like holo or dd , not complain about someone died to an almost pve rotation .

I see so many mesmer mains supporting this, but I can guarantee they were the ones crying and whining when 100 nades engi was one shotting people. I think just to give them a taste of their own medicine, we should bring it back. Let them see how badly broken mesmer really is right now by bringing back another broken thing to complement their ignorance. I'm all for a bursty mesmer being bursty, but having 2x mind wrack, each being able to do 12k plus per burst, with phantasms that can dish out another 5k+, on top of downed phants doing 8k or more....yeah. bit too much. Also, to combat some people saying all they seen was outnumbered fights....no. I seen an instance where a player was not being focused by anyone else, at full health, and one rotation of skills on low to almost no cd brought them down to almost nothing. Then to finish it off, 2x mind wrack secures the kill. I think people need to stop being so bad that they gotta depend on something broken to carry themselves out of bronze 2. They should DESIRE balance. This is not balance.

@zealex.9410 said:

way

While phantasm spam is real in certain builds that build specifically for it, the worse spam right now is skills and traits across all classes doing too many things at once. That needs to be dialed way back, and it needs to be the top priority of any major rework going forward.

@Ghos.1326 said:I see so many mesmer mains supporting this, but I can guarantee they were the ones crying and whining when 100 nades engi was one shotting people. I think just to give them a taste of their own medicine, we should bring it back. Let them see how badly broken mesmer really is right now by bringing back another broken thing to complement their ignorance. I'm all for a bursty mesmer being bursty, but having 2x mind wrack, each being able to do 12k plus per burst, with phantasms that can dish out another 5k+, on top of downed phants doing 8k or more....yeah. bit too much. Also, to combat some people saying all they seen was outnumbered fights....no. I seen an instance where a player was not being focused by anyone else, at full health, and one rotation of skills on low to almost no cd brought them down to almost nothing. Then to finish it off, 2x mind wrack secures the kill. I think people need to stop being so bad that they gotta depend on something broken to carry themselves out of bronze 2. They should DESIRE balance. This is not balance.

I mean, if you are upset about the Engie bug fix from back then just ask for it to be reverted. I don't see the point of this rant. I mean you can get the same damage from Holo so you don't need them too, but if you want it there is better more coherent ways then this.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@"Ghos.1326" said:I see so many mesmer mains supporting this, but I can guarantee they were the ones crying and whining when 100 nades engi was one shotting people. I think just to give them a taste of their own medicine, we should bring it back. Let them see how badly broken mesmer really is right now by bringing back another broken thing to complement their ignorance. I'm all for a bursty mesmer being bursty, but having 2x mind wrack, each being able to do 12k plus per burst, with phantasms that can dish out another 5k+, on top of downed phants doing 8k or more....yeah. bit too much. Also, to combat some people saying all they seen was outnumbered fights....no. I seen an instance where a player was not being focused by anyone else, at full health, and one rotation of skills on low to almost no cd brought them down to almost nothing. Then to finish it off, 2x mind wrack secures the kill. I think people need to stop being so bad that they gotta depend on something broken to carry themselves out of bronze 2. They should DESIRE balance. This is not balance.

I mean, if you are upset about the Engie bug fix from back then just ask for it to be reverted. I don't see the point of this rant. I mean you can get the same damage from Holo so you don't need them too, but if you want it there is better more coherent ways then this.

Definitely not upset about the bug fix. Using it as an example for my "rant". it was stupidly op. How mesmer functions now with the shatters, and how they can apply crazy amounts of damage in very short time spans, is stupidly op. I'm sure the information I provided with the rest of the post made that transparent. Maybe not.

@Ghos.1326 said:

@Ghos.1326 said:I see so many mesmer mains supporting this, but I can guarantee they were the ones crying and whining when 100 nades engi was one shotting people. I think just to give them a taste of their own medicine, we should bring it back. Let them see how badly broken mesmer really is right now by bringing back another broken thing to complement their ignorance. I'm all for a bursty mesmer being bursty, but having 2x mind wrack, each being able to do 12k plus per burst, with phantasms that can dish out another 5k+, on top of downed phants doing 8k or more....yeah. bit too much. Also, to combat some people saying all they seen was outnumbered fights....no. I seen an instance where a player was not being focused by anyone else, at full health, and one rotation of skills on low to almost no cd brought them down to almost nothing. Then to finish it off, 2x mind wrack secures the kill. I think people need to stop being so bad that they gotta depend on something broken to carry themselves out of bronze 2. They should DESIRE balance. This is not balance.

Definitely not upset about the bug fix. Using it as an example for my "rant". it was stupidly op. How mesmer functions now with the shatters, and how they can apply crazy amounts of damage in very short time spans, is stupidly op. I'm sure the information I provided with the rest of the post made that transparent. Maybe not.

I don't think its stupidly OP, but I also do want to see it dialed back. But give ANet at least one more balance patch before passing final judgement. The class was almost completely redesigned, there was guaranteed to be pain points with it. If its not addressed in the next balance patch (cadence aside, because that's a different issue), then feel free to complain all you want about it.

@OriOri.8724 said:

I don't think its stupidly OP, but I also do want to see it dialed back. But give ANet at least one more balance patch before passing final judgement. The class was almost completely redesigned, there was guaranteed to be pain points with it. If its not addressed in the next balance patch (cadence aside, because that's a different issue), then feel free to complain all you want about it.

Eh it’s annoying but when you devote 2 of 3 traits lines, long duration cd’s, and are full zerk it’s a gimmick and that’s it. Now if he were doing it on a defensive amulet then I would have an issue. But as it is the people he’s fighting are letting him free cast and/or are low health. Show me him winning 1v3’s then I’ll agree it needs nerfed.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

Eh it’s annoying but when you devote 2 of 3 traits lines, long duration cd’s, and are full zerk it’s a gimmick and that’s it. Now if he were doing it on a defensive amulet then I would have an issue. But as it is the people he’s fighting are letting him free cast and/or are low health. Show me him winning 1v3’s then I’ll agree it needs nerfed.

2 of 3 traitlines give you 4 berserkers every 12 seconds (less when you factor in alacrity). You don't even need to be using SoI or CS to get 8 berserkers out at once, having 4 every 12 seconds is kind of ridiculous. Not enough to warrant an immediate nerf, but enough to have it be looked at honestly.

@OriOri.8724 said:

2 of 3 traitlines give you 4 berserkers every 12 seconds (less when you factor in alacrity). You don't even need to be using SoI or CS to get 8 berserkers out at once, having 4 every 12 seconds is kind of ridiculous. Not enough to warrant an immediate nerf, but enough to have it be looked at honestly.

In total u can use the spell like 5 or so times add on top of that that u can trait for 2 zerkers and on top of that that they respawn since u will be running chronophantasma.

Yeah id say its worth to be looked at at the very least.

@zealex.9410 said:

In total u can use the spell like 5 or so times add on top of that that u can trait for 2 zerkers and on top of that that they respawn since u will be running chronophantasma.

Casting it that much involves using pretty long CDs though. But there is only a single CD required to still cast it every 12 seconds. I was more trying to point out how his claim was misleading when he said that to do so requried the use of long CDs, because it doesn't.

@OriOri.8724 said:

Casting it that much involves using pretty long CDs though. But there is only a single CD required to still cast it every 12 seconds. I was more trying to point out how his claim was misleading when he said that to do so requried the use of long CDs, because it doesn't.

Two zerkers(four assuming chronophantasma respawn) isn’t a long cd no, to use f5 or SoI or both is. But in the other hand, 12 seconds(let’s say 10 if under Alacrity) is a log time when you are in a team fight against a heavy AoE comp. I guess what I’m getting at isn’t that it’s necessarily too strong or not strong enough, etc but the fact that the team your facing is allowing you to free cast is the main problem. It’s no different than when ranger got a decent buff to longbow and people were getting sniped from 1500 range by rapid fire. You knew the ranger/Mesmer is there, there’s no reason to allow free casting, especially allowing f5 for further zerkers.

Archived