[Suggestion] Create System for Full-to-Full Server Transfers

raykor.6723

ANET makes money when players transfer servers—they charge quite a few gems. So how about a system that allows players to queue up for a transfer from one full server to another full server. The net is obviously no change in the server population so I don't see how this would hurt anything.

Here's the Dev post explaining what the learned Illconceived Was Na is referring to:https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/World-Population-Changes-Are-Coming/page/5#post5326517

Samuel Loretan

A “Full” server is a server with a number of Active WvW Players (as defined by the algorithm) above a certain threshold. It has nothing to do with hardware limitations, or PvE players.

The “Full” threshold is slightly different than the other ones because it doesn’t have an upper limit. So some servers can be just slightly above the threshold and marked “Full”, and some other servers might be well over it, and also marked “Full”, even though their populations aren’t really balanced.

The intent is that since you can’t join or transfer to a “Full” server, their populations are going to diminish over time, until eventually they reach “Very High” again. At this point, all “Full” servers are going to be balanced. This won’t be right away, though, since we’re not kicking anyone out of their servers.

I wonder if they could add some mechanism in for players to pay other players (in gems/gold) to move off a full server to make room for them (with Anet taking a percentage of that, just like the trading post). It seems to me that if you are on a full server, there isn't really any incentive to leave it. Where as is someone said "I'll pay 100 GP to take your spot on this server", you might get some people leaving.

Archived