PvP/WvW Skill splits

Prophet.1584

If you have an opinion on these changes make suggestions in the PvP or WvW forums personally I think these are going to hurt rangers a lot in WvW

RangerSkillsSeed of Life: Increased the cooldown from 1 second to 3 seconds in PvP and WvWRejuvenating Tides: Reduced the base healing per pulse from 650 to 550 (-15%) in PvP and WvWSolar Beam: Reduced the power coefficient per strike from 0.3 to 0.25 (-17%) in PvP and WvWSignet of Stone: Reduced the duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP and WvW. Reduced the cooldown from 80 seconds to 40 in PvP and WvWCelestial Avatar: Increased the cooldown from 15 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvWRicochet: Increased the power coefficient from 0.7 to 0.8 (+14%) in PvP and WvW. Increased Might duration from 5 seconds to 10 seconds in PvP and WvWWinter's Bite: Increased the power coefficient from 1.25 to 1.5 (+20%) in PvP and WvW. Increased the Bleeding duration from 8 seconds to 12 seconds in PvP and WvWSplitblade: Increased the power coefficient per axe from 0.3 to 0.4 (+33%) in PvP and WvWInstinctive Engage: Increased the power coefficient from 0.6 to 1 (+67%) in PvP and WvWHealing Spring: Increased the number of conditions cleansed per pulse from 1 to 2 in PvP and WvWTraitsStoneform: Increased the cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyShared Anguish: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyProtective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP onlyRefined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvWRugged Growth: Reduced the healing power coefficient from 0.245 to 0.1225 (-50%) in PvP and WvWGrace of the Land: Reduced the number of Might stacks applied from 3 to 2 in PvP and WvWFortifying Bond: Reduced duration of shared Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvW"We Heal as One!:" Reduced duration of copied Might stacks from 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvWFresh Reinforcement: Reduced shared Might duration 10 seconds to 5 seconds in PvP and WvWAmbidexterity: Increased the Condition Damage granted from 150 to 240 in PvP and WvWTwo-Handed Training: Increased the bonus damage from 5% to 10% in PvP and WvW

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Druid nerfs are deserved. We still have full cleanse stun break and stealth, which makes the Druid strong.Signet of Stone is a nerf and also a buff. It depends on how you see it. Stoneform is a nerf. I don't like when they nerf core ranger, because of Druid, which is what is happening on the traits.

I'm very interested in Healing Spring buff, I think lots of Druid will start using it now and even Soulbeast. Healing Spring gives lots of regen, a water field to blast, so it's good for CA generation.

Axe MH is still meh, it needs more than just coefficient buff and also applied to PvE. Ambidexterity is a way for them to buff Soulbeast daggers, but this won't change much to condi ranger in PvP or WvW in general. Condi ranger lacks of evade and support, you only have OH Dagger that will help you. Sword has Serpent Strike, but it doesn't have condi sustain, so you are left with Axe and MH Dagger, which both has no evade. If you use Torch, you're even more naked. We might see Grieving trapping ranger with Axe MH + Ambidexterity , who knows ;).

Overall, I'm pleased.

@"Prophet.1584" , what are these ? Your ideas? someone ideas? or ?All these changes (proposes by you or by someone else), are based on what ? You or someone did some test, calculation and after all these you (or someone else) find these numbers ?Because I am a little bit lost ... I see almost every 2 weeks a new post on ranger forum about how to "balance" (in my opinion is not balance but nerf) ranger. And every post comes with ideas and numbers , just numbers without any justification from where did they pull out those numbers.I am asking this because it is easy to ask for example make shortbow skills to be at least 1200 like almost all other classes have it on their weapons, but when someone comes and said all those things you written above ... well for those it is necessary a calculation, what happen when diminish skill x with 0.12 unites and in the same time you add an extra to skill y with 0.2 unites etc ...Otherwise all these posts about so many changes in so many skills/utilities/traits made by you, me or another player are just garbage or a gambling game to see how it will be after Anet will made it.Why ? just because when Anet play with these kind of numbers before the POF, I am sure they made calculations based on other classes too ... what impact those 0.2 unites had vs necro barrier, warrior shield etc ...My apologizes if you or ppl who posts all these kind of "balance" did already calculations and are not only speculations or gambling numbers.

I hope you will give me a good answer, and don't take my comment like an offence.

Thank you!

I understand the druid changes, especially when you look at ALL changes proposed they want to nerf the sustain and passive stuff of all classes more or less, so I think those changes are ok, as long as the other changes go through too.. But buffing axe numbers is not a useful buff, axe mh will simply never be played at high level over more or less any other weapon.. What I would love to see is a change to stance sharing, in pvp and wvw it would be great if stance share allowed you to share full duration (but without increasing personal duration) , could potentially see some support/dps soulbeast or smth, which would be nice now that druid will get heavy nerfs

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@"Prophet.1584" , what are these ? Your ideas? someone ideas? or ?All these changes (proposes by you or by someone else), are based on what ? You or someone did some test, calculation and after all these you (or someone else) find these numbers ?Because I am a little bit lost ... I see almost every 2 weeks a new post on ranger forum about how to "balance" (in my opinion is not balance but nerf) ranger. And every post comes with ideas and
numbers
, just numbers without any justification from where did they pull out those numbers.I am asking this because it is easy to ask for example make shortbow skills to be at least 1200 like almost all other classes have it on their weapons, but when someone comes and said all those things you written above ... well for those it is necessary a calculation, what happen when diminish skill x with 0.12 unites and in the same time you add an extra to skill y with 0.2 unites etc ...Otherwise all these posts about so many changes in so many skills/utilities/traits made by you, me or another player are just garbage or a gambling game to see how it will be after Anet will made it.Why ? just because when Anet play with these kind of numbers before the POF, I am sure they made calculations based on other classes too ... what impact those 0.2 unites had vs necro barrier, warrior shield etc ...My apologizes if you or ppl who posts all these kind of "balance" did already calculations and are not only speculations or gambling numbers.

I hope you will give me a good answer, and don't take my comment like an offence.

Thank you!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29690/pvp-wvw-skill-split-release

@"arnitheking.8427" said:Some nerfs shouldnt go over to wvw though, druid is great for roaming and all but most of those nerfs would make druid even more of a "second choice" in group (like gvg) play than it already is

seems they want to see only soulbeast in WvW ...definitely they want to nerf big time druid.So, after so many asks from rangers himself , they decide to nerf ranger, not only druid, but many core rangers traits/utilities.What can I say, Good Job rangers, you are great in your asks to nerf yourself .

@Sigmoid.7082 said:OMG ... I didn't know about these news ... thank you!My apologize @Prophet.1584

No problem bud, i just wanted to make sure the people in our sub got a chance to reply to some of these proposed changes. I don't think these are final decisions yet but a lot of the Druid haters are going to be pushing hard for these Nerfs

@"arnitheking.8427" said:Some nerfs shouldnt go over to wvw though, druid is great for roaming and all but most of those nerfs would make druid even more of a "second choice" in group (like gvg) play than it already is

This was my main problem with it. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast is already not a desired class in wvw even as a healer and Druid Healing and CA effects are whats keeping Druid competitive at all in Pvp. If these nerfs stay as they are it'll be almost useless to play ranger in pvp unless you run a full power soulbeast build and then anyone you're dueling knows what to expect. In WvW i'm not even sure how we would survive zerg battles anymore, even in full minstrel gear it can be tough with all the condi's and boon corrupts thrown around.

Rugged growth change nerfs ranger/SB too. Changing CA to 20 second CD also screws over the few wvw druid healers in my guild. Makes no sense.

If Druid dueling is the problem, nerf the traits that actually make them "too strong" at Dueling.

Change Druidic Clarity to be a personal stunbreak and clear 3 conditions in an aoe. Now it's decent team support without being an "OP" full condi clear. When solo it can still help your pet.

Stealth/super speed combo too strong? 1) Reduce the duration on it. 2) Change the super speed to swiftness instead or 3) Make it clear cripple/immob/chill when you leave CA instead.

There are so many ways of changing these traits without screwing over people that try to heal their zergs on a class that is already not wanted in WvW.

@Prophet.1584 said:No problem bud, i just wanted to make sure the people in our sub got a chance to reply to some of these proposed changes. I don't think these are final decisions yet but a lot of the Druid haters are going to be pushing hard for these Nerfs

Agree with you

This was my main problem with it. Ranger/Druid/Soulbeast is already not a desired class in wvw even as a healer and Druid Healing and CA effects are whats keeping Druid competitive at all in Pvp. If these nerfs stay as they are it'll be almost useless to play ranger in pvp unless you run a full power soulbeast build and then anyone you're dueling knows what to expect. In WvW i'm not even sure how we would survive zerg battles anymore, even in full minstrel gear it can be tough with all the condi's and boon corrupts thrown around.

I am agree that Druid will not be anymore a choice for sPVP or roaming WvW or zerg WvW, but in the same time in my opinion Soulbeast is on a good place for sPVP (and not only glass cannon, but also half bunker/half dps) , I can kill in 1 vs 1 and also I can hold a point vs 2 too. Like I said before Soulbeast is not like Druid in sPVP , a perfect bunker/point holder, but is not far of this neither ;) .On roaming WvW in my opinion atm Soulbeast surpass Druid too. Only in raid WvW , Soulbeast can't be useful like Druid is atm.So, besides 4 big nerfs for Soulbeast (and core ranger)

1. Stoneform: Increased the cooldown from 70 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only
  2. Refined Toxins: Increased the cooldown from 5 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP and WvW (this is a huge nerf )
  3. Protective Ward: Increased the cooldown from 18 seconds to 30 seconds in PvP only (another big nerf)
  4. Rugged Growth: Reduced the healing power coefficient from 0.245 to 0.1225 (-50%) in PvP and WvWI think Soulbeast will be almost the same regarding damage, indeed will lose a very important survivability things (like those 4) but still I think will be viable choice.In other way, Druid will became the less playable ranger class/specialization from all 3 forms ranger/druid/soulbeast :( .

Now, all these 4 changes for Soulbeast, maybe will not be a big issue if in the same time all classes will get the same amount of nerff, so the classes will become blanaced. But , from what I read mesmer is still there , with the same huge stupid one shot burst power, and only internal traits cd (which doesn't affect one shot system) will be bigger.

In totality I think the patch is a healthy reorganization of the pace of the game. With everything being reduced across the board I don't even think there will be a noticeable gameplay impact.

If anything, I'm sad to see a lack of DH, Mesmer, and Soulbeast power burst damage nerfs. They'll be 1 shot gods in the aftermath of those patch notes.

It won't help our position in WvW zerg play any, but those changes don't affect our current power tier standings at all.

With the full extent of those notes, we'll be at the same place we are now.

Other than Soulbeast, it's burst damage will only be rivaled by mesmers because of all the nerfs. It'll have a fotm 1 shot build for sure.

@Eleazar.9478 said:My wish came true!! Hehehe goodbye bunkers

And yes a GS buff more dps is always welcome. Now I'll have to tools to go ham

Goodbye bunkers? You are kidding right ? Only Druid bunker will be nerf ... and this because ppl like you! Scourge will still be bunker in sPVP due to his huge aoe damage (the same size like close or far point) + huge barrier , Elementalist will get bigger barrier ... But yes, we ranger let's celebrate that our bunker class will be nerfed.Mesmer will be exactly the same powerful one shot in 1 second, so yes, let's celebrate that our class even core ranger will get 4 big nerf on traits ... so from now even we play druid, ranger or soulbeast we will die faster vs a Mesmer who didn'te get any nerf regarding his damage.With your GS buff you will die in the same amount of time like before, or maybe faster ...

Shared Anguish was already considered garbage. Yet it received a 30 second cooldown nerf... I've been wanting that trait buffed since before I could remember lol

Aside from that, they destroyed Druid. I hated the 15 second cooldown nerf when they first introduced it. I will hate the 20 second cooldown even more. They should've just removed healing instead of literally making Druid play like a potato.

Axe changes are meaningless. We need changes to our MH dagger for Soulbeast. They've been slightly tweaking MH Axe every patch but it will remain useless unless Anet completely reworks the weapon.

Overall, meh. Disappointed like most patches. They nerfed Druid which is fine but they did it the wrong way.

I think the Refined Toxins and Rugged Growth nerfs are the worst offenders imo.

@"DuckDuckBOOM.4097" said:Rugged growth change nerfs ranger/SB too. Changing CA to 20 second CD also screws over the few wvw druid healers in my guild. Makes no sense.

If Druid dueling is the problem, nerf the traits that actually make them "too strong" at Dueling.

Change Druidic Clarity to be a personal stunbreak and clear 3 conditions in an aoe. Now it's decent team support without being an "OP" full condi clear. When solo it can still help your pet.

Stealth/super speed combo too strong? 1) Reduce the duration on it. 2) Change the super speed to swiftness instead or 3) Make it clear cripple/immob/chill when you leave CA instead.

There are so many ways of changing these traits without screwing over people that try to heal their zergs on a class that is already not wanted in WvW.

For real. There were other ways to have handled things, especially in a more creative and active fashion. I was and still am not a fan of Celestial Shadow and how it fits with GW2's Druid, but it could have had the durations reduced or effects altered to a heal-support oriented style like exiting Celestial Form removes 3 conditions and heals nearby allies.

DC remains the same, but at the cost of increased cooldown. What a crap way to go about it, especially in WvW. They could have at least made it somewhat interactive with Celestial skills by having it be a personal stun breaker when entering Celestial Form and augmenting Rejuvenating Tides to also removes 1 (or 2) condition(s) per pulse from you and allies affected. Something instead of another cooldown increase.

@Eleazar.9478 said:My wish came true!! Hehehe goodbye bunkers

And yes a GS buff more dps is always welcome. Now I'll have to tools to go ham

Goodbye bunkers? You are kidding right ? Only Druid bunker will be nerf ... and this because ppl like you! Scourge will still be bunker in sPVP due to his huge aoe damage (the same size like close or far point) + huge barrier , Elementalist will get bigger barrier ... But yes, we ranger let's celebrate that our bunker class will be nerfed.Mesmer will be exactly the same powerful one shot in 1 second, so yes, let's celebrate that our class even core ranger will get 4 big nerf on traits ... so from now even we play druid, ranger or soulbeast we will die faster vs a Mesmer who didn'te get any nerf regarding his damage.With your GS buff you will die in the same amount of time like before, or maybe faster ...

Ya since I don't play bunker druid I don't care, (used to use it against the socurge double comp ore Nerf when I saw 2)the nature magic ws is low skill and boring. You literally just stall fights with it. (At least with the old shout druid there was actually some interesting plays) I've literally beat that one to death on why.

I'm very comfortable in plat with soulbeast this upcoming balance rea lly won't effect me except for giving me an easier time against other classes. A druid/warrior/necro/theif/holo Nerf is a huge buff to core and soulbeast ranger.

Plus if you read the post these are things they're throwing around NOT set in stone. There are things I have an issue with I do feel for the Frontline druids this Nerf will hurt them worse. (What they should do is just get red of cele shadow and clarity and make the avatar form back down to 10 with a nice glyph buff)

Hell and the stone change that's actually a huge buff

But hey I'm glad they're starting to address all this passive bull

Well everything they did on axe which is stronger in PvP than in PvE could also be implemented in PvE so we could utilize it as a power weapon.

Overall i got more buffs than nerfs and druid nerfs are understandable. Signet of stone change is a nerf and a buff at the same time. In the end i think it cancels out.

Archived