Help with a repair — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Help with a repair

I am trying to run a repair of Guild Wars 2. I have found the link to repair it, followed the instructions, but it doesn't seem to do much when I run it. It does not "begin the repairing your game client" or verify files. It seems to just launch the game. I think I am doing something wrong and could use some help figuring out what it is.

The file name is ""H:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" –repair"

Comments

• Nokomis.5076Nokomis.5076 Member ✭✭✭

that isn't a normal minus sign, is it? Looks like a dash here in the forum. Try it with a normal minus - sign.

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• @Nokomis.5076 said:
    that isn't a normal minus sign, is it? Looks like a dash here in the forum. Try it with a normal minus - sign.

Thanks, yeah, I saw that it might be a dash instead of a normal minus sign. I tried both. Neither seemed to work.

However, I tried a slightly different file, the GW2 64-bit one. "gw2-64.exe." I changed that and amended the -repair option to the end and it did the trick.

• jojorne.2175jojorne.2175 Member ✭✭
    edited February 23, 2018

so it worked? awesome! anyway, here it goes if u still need it:

save as .bat with the notepad in the same directory:
    START Gw2-64.exe -repair

or create and edit the shortcut:
    "H:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" -repair

PS.: from what u posted:
    ""H:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe" –repair"
    there is two " extra, one at the start and another at the end, also the "–" before repair is not the same as "-"

• I think the op did what I did cut and paste from google as changing to a proper minus sign did it for me as well

• I am not able to make a shortcut, to start repair

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tamivan.6935 said:
    I am not able to make a shortcut, to start repair

Just do it on the normal shortcut you already have and after repair change it back.

• The only shortcut I have is in the file, I found the target line everything I put in there is coming back invalid

• You may be forgetting the space before the hyphen.

• I figured out the repair issue, I have ran it through three times it is better but map is still unusable, I ordered a new copy of GW2, since I have an account when I install it will I play from where I am at or will it make me start over, I have 10+ years which is why I ask.

• Ordered a new copy of GW2? You mean you purchased another Serial Key?
    If so, contact the CS Team and submit a ticket for a refund for that purchase immediately. There is no need to purchase another Serial Key; you can download a new copy of the client, at no charge, anytime you desire.

• where do I find that

• And thank you for that information

• You can find the link (bottom of this page) to download the client in 'Services - My Account' on the right side of the My Account front page.
    You can find the 'Support' link to contact the CS Team above or below, and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

@aXa.1587 said:
    However, I tried a slightly different file, the GW2 64-bit one. "gw2-64.exe." I changed that and amended the -repair option to the end and it did the trick.

If you have the 64-bit client installed, of course no Gw2.exe exists on your computer, only a Gw2-64.exe.

• @Ashantara.8731 said:

@aXa.1587 said:

If you have the 64-bit client installed, of course no Gw2.exe exists on your computer, only a Gw2-64.exe.

Probably figured that out nearly 2 years later.

• I have a wave that comes up the screen, I have ran the client repair, checked display drivers, and performance in the game, downloaded another game client, game plays better, but map still has the wave, any suggestions that I haven't thought of.

• Try rolling back to a previous display driver? Check your monitor/resolution/refresh rates?
    You can contact the Tech CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below and 'Submit a Ticket' for assistance.

Good luck.

• hi I got the same issue . I only got gw2 64 and the trick doesn't work its like im opening the regular client without repair .

How does your command line look?

Was I able to help you or give you a hint? Click on Helpful and/or Thumbs up, I would appreciate it alot!
    When you encounter a bug ingame, at first you should file a ticket via the ingame command /bug, as only this way the devs will know exactly where you were, when the bug happened.

• @Nokomis.5076 said:
    How does your command line look?

"D:\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -repair

If you use -verify instead of -repair does something else happen or does it start right into the game again?

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2020

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    Probably figured that out nearly 2 years later.

Oops! :lol:

@Nokomis.5076 said:
    If you use -verify instead of -repair does something else happen or does it start right into the game again?

"Used to verify the .dat file." (Source)

• it start right into the game > @Nokomis.5076 said:

• yorick.1305yorick.1305 Member ✭✭

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    You may be forgetting the space before the hyphen.

Priceless!
    I couldn't get this thing (repair) to start up, but after putting a SPACE between " and -repair, double click icon/shortcut the repair started up. Took a while and shortly afterwards I was at char' select screen and able to log in. Job done.

Now I can mark my ticket as resolved, cheers.