The face of death

EpicName.4523

I am an altoholic. Playing in a new way is always way more fun than spamming the same keys on the same character for a prolonged periods of time.So, I intend to roll a necro. Made a male norn, because I have too many humans already and I believe a dark shaman theme may fit nicely.

I was browsing the internet for screens that may inspire the appearance of my necro. What I found was mostly pretty, doll faced babes with skimpy armor, pale skin and some gothic warpaint/tattoo. What I wanted to see was The Grim Reaper reborn. Imagine Malthael from Diablo or something similar - tall, dark, brooding, mysterious figure. Preferably hooded and faceless for extra scare. Can someone, please, share a screen with such concept? Art is good too, as long as the look can be achieved in-game. If there is some armor list for the said appearance as well, it would be perfect. Thanks!

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:From top to bottom,Dark Ghostly themed ReaperHell Fire themed ReaperDesert Sand themed ReaperFrost Iced themed Reaper

Dark themed ReaperFire themed ReaperSand themed ReaperIced themed Reaper

Exactly what I was looking for! However, besides the hood which seems to be unlocked by training the reaper spec, what is the rest of the gear?

Btw, nice look, but you may want to change the pants. Imho, real man wear pants, but since death is not a man you may want to wear some form of tattered dress or something.

From what I recognize.

1st picture:

• Shoulders: Dragonscale Epaulets (LWS3E5)
  • Hands: Ghastly Chains was the name? A halloween item.
  • Weapons: The Crossing (TP, purchased with gold)
  • Back item: Dark Angel Wings (gemstore)The pants and shoes are very basic skins, you probably already have them. Don't remember the name though.

Don't recognize much from the 2nd picture. Pants might be Bladed pants.

3rd picture:

• Shoulders: Mantle of the Lich (dungeon armor from Arah)
  • Weapons: The Crossing again

4th picture:

• Shoulders: Shoulder Scarf (gemstore)
  • Hands: Chaos Gloves (gemstore/can also be bought with Black Lion Statuettes)
  • Weapons: Fractal Axe and Dagger
  • Back item: Crystalline Dragon Wings was the name? (gemstore)

@"Yannir.4132" said:From what I recognize.

1st picture:

• Shoulders: Dragonscale Epaulets (LWS3E5)
  • Hands: Ghastly Chains was the name? A halloween item.
  • Weapons: The Crossing (TP, purchased with gold)
  • Back item: Dark Angel Wings (gemstore)The pants and shoes are very basic skins, you probably already have them. Don't remember the name though.

Don't recognize much from the 2nd picture. Pants might be Bladed pants.

3rd picture:

• Shoulders: Mantle of the Lich (dungeon armor from Arah)
  • Weapons: The Crossing again

4th picture:

• Shoulders: Shoulder Scarf (gemstore)
  • Hands: Chaos Gloves (gemstore/can also be bought with Black Lion Statuettes)
  • Weapons: Fractal Axe and Dagger
  • Back item: Crystalline Dragon Wings was the name? (gemstore)

I'm surprised you can see so much given the poor lightning of most of the screens!

To OP, I listed most of the pieces on my gw2style account here if you're interested.

https://gw2style.com/profile.php?id=10733

@EpicName.4523 said:

@"Xykris.6758" said:I personally prefer my reaper look somewhat armored instead of just the cloth. :P I think this look would look great on a norn (Except that I use human racial legs and feet, but I'm sure you can find something just as good!) :D
CBcHNlj.jpg

Care to share the armor used?

Sure thing. :)

Head: Reaper's HoodShoulders: Scourge's TendrilsChest: Soul of KodaHands: Bladed GlovesLegs: Sorcerer's PantsFeet: Sorcerer's Shoes

@Yannir.4132 said:

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:What dyes are you all using, all Shadow Abyss or are you using some of the new Zhaitin Dyes?

Dunno about others but I'm using Midnight Fire, Silver and regular Black. I have Shadow Abyss unlocked but I never like it with anything.

That's cool with my Charr Reaper I'm using Grenth Regalia Shadow Red, Shadow Abyss, and Flame

War God Weapons

Btw a bit off-topic here. The Lich Form has only a single version, right? As an Avatar of Grenth? No female only or charr only versions? Was thinking about making it a female necro for a time, but if the lich form is a humanoid male only, it will ruin the immersion.

Archived