Rune of Surging

ArthurDent.9538

I don't know what the general consensus for most players will be on the removal of this rune but personally I am going to miss it and would request reconsidering its removal. Most runes in the game you equip them and they give you a few more stats and you don't think about them when you are playing but rune of surging actually had a decent amount of skill involved in using it effectively. A poorly timed shocking aura proc is not a threat and can easily played around with either stability or just not attacking for the duration. However with proper timing you can make some awesome plays like interrupting damage dealing evade skills like blurred frenzy and unrelenting assault as well as setting up a timely burst. I am really going to miss stunning annoying condi thieves right out of their death blossom spam straight into a chaotic release, other runes just don't have interesting play-making potential they are mostly just passive stat boosts. Naturally I main revenant which is the class with the most synergy with this rune (also arguably gets countered the hardest by it since it interrupts both unrelenting assault and surge of the mists + lack of viable stability) due to both the stats being excellent, and facet of chaos being one of very few instant cast elite skills (jaunt is the only other one I can think of) so I may be in the minority of people who love this rune.

Yeah, but how about introducing some other runes that "involve a decent amount of skill"? The problem with surging is that it's absolute best for at least 3 power specs right now (rev, holo, SB) and it doesn't allow any alternatives. If you not going for surging you're handicapping yourself. That's not very good, is it? Involving skill or not.

The problem is that the passives in this game are designed around two principles, 1) RNG, or 2) proc at a certain time (e.g 50% health), in order to prevent the player from capitalising on theses passives, but with Rune of Surging, it was still possible to do just that.

ArenaNet doesn't want you to have skill with runes, and they barely allow it with sigils, they want it to be luck-based.

@Kasdwer.3721 said:no alternative to surging? how a bout strength rune or hoelbreak, theres enough alternatives for rev and other power builds that stack might

I'm not talking about power duration, I'm talking about duration of blessing + power stats, and there are none, however if there are runes with a duration of blessing + other stats (heal, condi ...) I know I can use other runes, but none with similar stats ...

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

@Buran.3796 said:Leadership rune is as good as Surging. Is not like the sigils in which most of them land somewhere between mediocre and plain bad.

You are very wrong. Surging is way better.

Durability is better than both and they ditched it from PvP. Now they are ditching Surging, and guess what?: in matter of 3 to 6 months, when ANet becomes aware that EVERY powerv Rev is using Leadership they will nuke it from the game mode. Tha's why they removed the celestial amulet (later come back, but butchered in stats and essentially useless) and now they are removing magi. They never fix anything, if something is popular too much time they just remove it from the game. Also, deleting Surging doesn't happens in void: they neutered a lot of passives, going from 60 to 90+ seconds. So we will lost a semi passive interrupt, but Warriors will lost 30 extra seconds without Endure Pain, etc. I'm more worried about the impact of the hammer nerf in WvW than the lack of a rune that already only existed in PvP.

Surging was the only thing keeping thief from bopping you in high tier. > @Buran.3796 said:

@Buran.3796 said:Leadership rune is as good as Surging. Is not like the sigils in which most of them land somewhere between mediocre and plain bad.

You are very wrong. Surging is way better.

Durability is better than both and they ditched it from PvP. Now they are ditching Surging, and guess what?: in matter of 3 to 6 months, when ANet becomes aware that EVERY powerv Rev is using Leadership they will nuke it from the game mode. Tha's why they removed the celestial amulet (later come back, but butchered in stats and essentially useless) and now they are removing magi. They never fix anything, if something is popular too much time they just remove it from the game. Also, deleting Surging doesn't happens in void: they neutered a lot of passives, going from 60 to 90+ seconds. So we will lost a semi passive interrupt, but Warriors will lost 30 extra seconds without Endure Pain, etc. I'm more worried about the impact of the hammer nerf in WvW than the lack of a rune that already only existed in PvP.

Archived