Suggestion: Legendary GuildHall decorations

One of the strong points of GW2 is the way it is great to help eachother and play and enjoy together. This suggestion came up when discussing the issue smaller guilds have to get enough favor. I know perfectly well it is possible to do some missions even alone, but it is my experience that you always run behind on it compared to the other stuff.

On the other hand, big guilds with a full GH, have favor maxed out all the time, and only do missions for the personal rewards (so e.g. the 5 bounties, they just do one for the personal rewards and move to a second in case anyone missed it.

another thing is that we do not have Scribe 500 yet

The last thing is that I believe it is good for guilds to accomplish things together.

The core mechanic: Refined AetheriumA guild that is not yet max lvl has an NPC in the mine that converts Aetherium to Refined Aetherium for 1g per stack. Refined Aetherium is an inventory item that is accountbound and goes into the players inventory. Obviously you need to have authorisation to spend Aetherium that belongs to the guild, so you need a guild rank that has the permission to purchase upgrades.

When a guild turns max level, this NPC walks to the main spawn point in the hall and is selling the guilds excess Favor for Refined Aetherium. To be able to use this service, you need to have access to the guildhall of this guild, but represent a guild that has not yet reached max level.

So the guildleader of [sMALL] gets refined Aetherium in his/her own guildhall . He is also a member of [bIG] (for example cause he asked for their help) and enters the hall. He exchanges the refined Aetherium for favor that goes From [bIG] to [sMALL]. I would say that the conversion should be 750 favor for 250 refined aetherium.

The [sMALL] guild is happy with this. But what is in it for the [bIG] guild?The refined Aetherium is put into the decorations storage and can be used by Scribe 400+ crafters. to get better items. One of the Scribe 500 recipes can be:

Night Lights (legendary decoration)1 Eternity100 Gifts of Exploration1 gift of Dessert Highlands1 gift of Glint

This decoration sets the sky of your hall always to night, filled with the Star City associated with the Night Lights achievement in Desert Highlands

I hear you scream...100 gifts of exploration?? that is insane!!But remember each person who completes it gets 2. so it is likely your guildmembers can allready donate quite a bit. On top of that, it might be a fun event to have a weekly world exploration activity to work on it.

The two gifts are in this case themed around the Dessert Highlands due to the actual decoration, but it requires a lot of materials newly introduced for level 400-500 scribing. This includes the refined Aetherium.

I think this helps both bigger and smaller guilds and embodies what GW2 makes great. The incentive to be kind to eachother and enjoy playing together.

Small guilds use their aetherium too, it's needed just as favour is needed, they go hand in hand. You seem to be under the impression that small guilds cannot earn enough favour, which is incorrect, I have a one man guild that I have upgraded alone via guild missions to level 61. It is pretty common to be able to earn 1k+ favour a week as a solo player, and there has often been times where I was short of aetherium not favor, So I think your suggestion is unnecessary.

Nope nope nope.Legendary decorations: yes.

The way you fill it in: Nope. Not the gift of exploration and also not turn aetherium into items that go to players inventories. But transfer it directly into a guild deco which players then can use. No need to make it 1g each.. Take stuff that we have but never use. Like leaf fossils, like the tenebrous crystals and resonating lodestones. They will get more value again. Especially if you need like 2000 leaf fossils.

A new npc would be nice. With a minimum of level 65 for the guild. A new npc comes in. With new upgrades. A grandmaster scribe. With recipes you can unlock (for the guildhall?)

@Vavume.8065 said:Small guilds use their aetherium too, it's needed just as favour is needed, they go hand in hand. You seem to be under the impression that small guilds cannot earn enough favour, which is incorrect, I have a one man guild that I have upgraded alone via guild missions to level 61. It is pretty common to be able to earn 1k+ favour a week as a solo player, and there has often been times where I was short of aetherium not favor, So I think your suggestion is unnecessary.

I know you can earn 1k favor per week and that it is doable solo. That not the point. But off all the things needed it goes the slowest (obvioulsy it depends on once farming skills and how much time one has to farm the mats). But the mine at capacity and mining rate one, needs less then 24 hours to fill up with 1500 while +1k favor takes a week.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:But the mine at capacity and mining rate one, needs less then 24 hours to fill up with 1500 while +1k favor takes a week.

To be able to spend 1k favor you need far more than 1500 aetherium, some upgrades are 25k alone, with most others being around or near the 5k mark, spending 1k favour will eat up most if not all of your aetherium earned that week, as I said the 2 go hand in hand, you earn enough aetherium to be able to spend your favour, there is no point getting more favor if you cannot spend it due to lack of aetherium, which is what would happen with your suggestion, small guilds do not have aetherium to spare, unless you are not doing guild missions for favor.

In your example of 1500 aetherium a day that works out to 10500 a week, which is enough on average for 2-3 upgrades, 1k favour is also on average enough for 2-3 upgrades, see how this works yet?

@Vavume.8065 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:But the mine at capacity and mining rate one, needs less then 24 hours to fill up with 1500 while +1k favor takes a week.

To be able to spend 1k favor you need far more than 1500 aetherium, some upgrades are 25k alone, with most others being around or near the 5k mark, spending 1k favour will eat up most if not all of your aetherium earned that week, as I said the 2 go hand in hand, you earn enough aetherium to be able to spend your favour, there is no point getting more favor if you cannot spend it due to lack of aetherium, which is what would happen with your suggestion, small guilds do not have aetherium to spare, unless you are not doing guild missions for favor.

In your example of 1500 aetherium a day that works out to 10500 a week, which is enough on average for 2-3 upgrades, 1k favour is also on average enough for 2-3 upgrades, see how this works yet?

You still have the mine capacity. so without enough favor, you cant spent your aetherium and your mine stops producing until you have enough favor to build something and spent aetherium. That is why I use this conversion, to use the 'lost' aetherium cause the mine stopped, to gain favor, to speed up the next step.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

You still have the mine capacity. so without enough favor, you cant spent your aetherium and your mine stops producing until you have enough favor to build something and spent aetherium. That is why I use this conversion, to use the 'lost' aetherium cause the mine stopped, to gain favor, to speed up the next step.

There will be no lost aetherium if you plan ahead better and

1) Upgrade your mining capacity2) Choose upgrades with high aetherium costs but low favor costs

@Vavume.8065 said:

There will be no lost aetherium if you plan ahead better and

1) Upgrade your mining capacity2) Choose upgrades with high aetherium costs but low favor costs

This is not something you can plan. You need to upgrade in certain order as guildlevels are required. So with the increase of capacity, you also increase the mining rate. the result is that you are still stockpiling. Maybe you did it a long time ago and it is changed later on, but what you are talking about is not possible in the current game.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

This is not something you can plan. You need to upgrade in certain order as guildlevels are required. So with the increase of capacity, you also increase the mining rate. the result is that you are still stockpiling. Maybe you did it a long time ago and it is changed later on, but what you are talking about is not possible in the current game.

Nothing has changed, you are just not levelling your guild efficiently, which is something that is entirely possible.

Archived