G DATA Internet Security

Silver.2076

I can only bet, that it was all about latest update on G Data Antivirus side. Maybe they added some additional protection, that filter new HTTP Protocols. I don't think that it's about hacking or something dangerous. It would be great if someone from Security workers from ANet could comment on this problem.

I am also using G Data and getting the same error where it tells me that

Phishing-check of websites

Address: https://exchange-fra-live.ncplatform.netStatus: Access denied.

I have tried whitelisting the sites it objects to from the web protection tab , but it doesn't let me open the gem-to-gold-to-gem conversion screen, and sometimes fail to open the trading post also. Happened when G Data updated the latest version

@Fabienne Flora.1760 said:But why we have this problem today? Maybe something happend? I give now access and later you get an answer that they were hacked :P

Anti-malware companies update the heuristics all the time. And all good heuristics have false positives that can only be addressed by manually whitelisting (it's a mathematical inevitability and medical testing suffers from the same phenomenon, as does law enforcement etc). So it's roughly inevitable that each of us will run into something like this at some point.

It's good to be concerned and ask, because it's hard for us non-security professionals to be sure what's going on.

Archived