Concerned on upcoming warrior changes

Hitman.5829

The warrior is the only profession with the least amount of skills. Consider carefully the following change!

• Aura Slicer: Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW.Before you make this change think about the consequences. Fast Hands is the trait that allows warrior to take advantage of #2 skills with ICD of 6 sec because you can swap weapons and use the #2 skills on demand, but if you increase the ICD to 8 sec then what is the point of Fast Hands. If your concern is that Aura Slicer deals too much damage, then nerf the damage of this skill, don't increase the internal cooldown. An increase in the ICD will only make fast hands nearly useless. Also take in mind that all other professions have #2 skills on very low cooldown and they can hit 5 targets while Aura slicer can hit only 1; also these professions are loaded with f3, f4, f5 skills, for example:

• Maul 4 sec

• mighty blow 5 sec

• Light orb 3 sec

• Symbol of punishment 6 sec

• Ice spike 6 sec

• mark of blood 4.75 sec

• Coalescence of Ruin 4 sec

• Punishing Sweep 5

• Precision Strike 4 sec

• And many more!

• Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced the power coefficients from 0.55, 0.55, 0.85 to 0.4, 0.4, 0.85 (-15% overall) in PvP and WvW.The Auto attack can only tag 2 targets maximum. The other auto attacks can tag 3 targets and can deal much more damage than dagger auto attack. I really don't understand why thisauto attack is going to be nerfed by -15%. If you nerf the auto attack, at least make it tag 3 enemies.

• Break Enchantments: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 (-50%). Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW.A 50% power coefficient trade for removing an extra boon is over nerfing the skill. Perhaps a 25% power coefficient will be more reasonable OR you could leave it unchanged as it is.

TRAITS

• Defy Pain: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.Honestly I don't care what you do to warrior in PVP (I am a WvW only player) , however, I feel the moral obligation to remind you of the nerfed to endure pain which reduced the effect from 4 sec to 2 sec. 2 sec of endure pain for 90 sec CD is over nerfing and you might as well replace it for something else like giving 5000 toughness for 10 sec.

• Last Stand: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyAgain, I don't care if you completely butcher warrior in PvP, but let me remind you of the nerf to last stance which reduce the effect from 10 sec to 4 sec.

I just hope you never attempt a balance patch on WvW with these TRAIT changes or else you will completely kill the warrior in WvW.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with your assessment on the cool-down increase for Aura Slicer, I always tried to use it for setting up a nice burst on a higher mobility opponent, I would also use it for kiting like when I was against a GS warrior. Its really important to have this skill when you need it, the cooldown change feels too harsh.

Everyone always complained about SB all the time and it seems it worked. SB got lots of nerfs.

The usual i guess for Warrior.

Kind of bummed honestly, I am almost ready to craft my first legendary armor piece for WvW (chest armor) and now I am not even sure I want it to be heavy armor.

How Mesmer got the least amount of changes is beyond me..........................

In pvp spellbreaker doesn't even do that crazy damage.Now that finally we achieved a pretty balanced moment for the spec they are going to destroy it.

My guess is it will have the same destiny of dragon hunter, okay build in spvp, definitely better build on wvw but no more the power that the spec had.

@"Hitman.5829" said:The warrior is the only profession with the least amount of skills. Consider carefully the following change!

• Aura Slicer: Increased cooldown from 6 seconds to 8 seconds in PvP and WvW.Before you make this change think about the consequences. Fast Hands is the trait that allows warrior to take advantage of #2 skills with ICD of 6 sec because you can swap weapons and use the #2 skills on demand, but if you increase the ICD to 8 sec then what is the point of Fast Hands. If your concern is that Aura Slicer deals too much damage, then nerf the damage of this skill, don't increase the internal cooldown. An increase in the ICD will only make fast hands nearly useless. Also take in mind that all other professions have #2 skills on very low cooldown and these professions are loaded with f3, f4, f5 skills, for example:

• Maul 4 sec

• mighty blow 5 sec

• Light orb 3 sec

• Symbol of punishment 6 sec

• Ice spike 6 sec

• mark of blood 4.75 sec

• Coalescence of Ruin 4 sec

• Punishing Sweep 5

• Precision Strike 4 sec

• And many more!

• Dagger Autoattack chain: Reduced the power coefficients from 0.55, 0.55, 0.85 to 0.4, 0.4, 0.85 (-15% overall) in PvP and WvW.The Auto attack can only tag 2 targets maximum. The other auto attacks can tag 3 targets and can deal much more damage than dagger auto attack. I really don't understand why thisauto attack is going to be nerfed by -15%. If you nerf the auto attack, at least make it tag 3 enemies.

• Break Enchantments: Reduced the power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 (-50%). Increased the number of boons removed from 2 to 3 in PvP and WvW.A 50% power coefficient trade for removing an extra boon is over nerfing the skill. Perhaps a 25% power coefficient will be more reasonable OR you could leave it unchanged as it is.

TRAITS

• Defy Pain: Increased the cooldown from 60 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP only.Honestly I don't care what you do to warrior in PVP (I am a WvW only player) , however, I feel the moral obligation to remind you of the nerfed to endure pain which reduced the effect from 4 sec to 2 sec. 2 sec of endure pain for 90 sec CD is over nerfing and you might as well replace it for something else like giving 5000 toughness for 10 sec.

• Last Stand: Increased the cooldown from 40 seconds to 90 seconds in PvP onlyAgain, I don't care if you completely butcher warrior in PvP, but let me remind you of the nerf to last stance which reduce the effect from 10 sec to 4 sec.

I just hope you never attempt a balance patch on WvW with these TRAIT changes or else you will completely kill the warrior in WvW.

I agree with you.

Balance team yet again clueless on how to nerf sb. Daggee auto and aura slicer is not the answer !

Yeah, these nerfs come across as very heavyhanded - like "spellbreaker seems too strong and we're not sure why, let's nerf half their skillbar. "

IMO, the nerfs to Full Counter and dagger 3 are good. I would have liked to see Break Enchantments at .75 and still remove 2 boons, but the current change seems interesting too.

Nerfs to dagger 1, 2, F1, and Featherfoot Grace seem over the top. The nerf to autoattack seems especially ridiculous since most people thought the damage was already anemic.

Why would you even bother nerfing dagger 2? The move is clunkier than heartseeker, doesn't benefit from the quickness that MH dagger trait applies, does very little damage, and 1.5 seconds of slow is barely worth anything.

Is it because warriors are abusing Weaver runes or something and leap through their only fire field for massive barrier? because i doubt it (even though i like using dagger/shield/longbow cele it sucks).

It's like the lowest impact attack in all of dagger's kit.

Personally, it should corrupt 1 boon into 3 seconds of slow, 2 if you have quickness (for 6 seconds of slow). This synergizes with the dagger trait, and grants a bonus if you have quickness since as a leap type skill, it doesn't benefit from it.

@Kiroshima.8497 said:Why would you even bother nerfing dagger 2? The move is clunkier than heartseeker, doesn't benefit from the quickness that MH dagger trait applies, does very little damage, and 1.5 seconds of slow is barely worth anything.

Is it because warriors are abusing Weaver runes or something and leap through their only fire field for massive barrier? because i doubt it (even though i like using dagger/shield/longbow cele it sucks).

It's like the lowest impact attack in all of dagger's kit.

Personally, it should corrupt 1 boon into 3 seconds of slow, 2 if you have quickness (for 6 seconds of slow). This synergizes with the dagger trait, and grants a bonus if you have quickness since as a leap type skill, it doesn't benefit from it.

I actually like your version of dagger 2, I don’t get the dagger 2 nerf as well.

Seems they have no idea on just what to nerf, let alone how much. Nerfing dagger auto is ridiculous, although I have begun seeing a few more SB running DD, it isn't nearly the numbers running GS. Are they really thinking dagger 2 is gamebreaking? Break Enchantment with a 50% nerf is also over the top, unless it was a 4 boon tradeoff rather than three.

Spell Breaker was too strong and it does a ton of damage. There GS attacks hit like a truck with the average SB build and they have a lot of sustain. It needed to be nerfed. I frequently get hit for 6k+ from GS burst skills on a build with 2400 toughness. Thats almost 1/3 of my hits. I play a Radiance guardian wich allows me to run with basically 100% crit chance and more ferocity then almost any other class and the standard meta spvp SB build/setup greatsword attacks hit harder then my great sword attacks regardless of burst skills. Obviously I would expect a full adrenaline burst skill to hit hard but regular Warrior GS cleaves hit harder then my Guardians GS attacks when I have superior damage stats to the warrior im fighting.

@brannigan.9831 said:Spell Breaker was too strong and it does a ton of damage. There GS attacks hit like a truck with the average SB build and they have a lot of sustain. It needed to be nerfed. I frequently get hit for 6k+ from GS burst skills on a build with 2400 toughness. Thats almost 1/3 of my hits. I play a Radiance guardian wich allows me to run with basically 100% crit chance and more ferocity then almost any other class and the standard meta spvp SB build/setup greatsword attacks hit harder then my great sword attacks regardless of burst skills. Obviously I would expect a full adrenaline burst skill to hit hard but regular Warrior GS cleaves hit harder then my Guardians GS attacks when I have superior damage stats to the warrior im fighting.

So much nonsense in one post, LOL.

@Lighter.5631 said:

@"FrostDraco.8306" said:"Least amount of skills"

then you include mark of blood which is actually a very bad skill in itself? Please. This is pathetic.

mark of blood..bad skill, lol pleasea good filler skill is the best skill

yeah, plz create warrior degger 2 exactly like mark of blood. i give you 2 sec until you start crying because of a skill that makes 0 dmg xD.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@brannigan.9831 said:Spell Breaker was too strong and it does a ton of damage. There GS attacks hit like a truck with the average SB build and they have a lot of sustain. It needed to be nerfed. I frequently get hit for 6k+ from GS burst skills on a build with 2400 toughness. Thats almost 1/3 of my hits. I play a Radiance guardian wich allows me to run with basically 100% crit chance and more ferocity then almost any other class and the standard meta spvp SB build/setup greatsword attacks hit harder then my great sword attacks regardless of burst skills. Obviously I would expect a full adrenaline burst skill to hit hard but regular Warrior GS cleaves hit harder then my Guardians GS attacks when I have superior damage stats to the warrior im fighting.

So much nonsense in one post, LOL.

I main guardian and I have to agree. That post is bs lol. I mean ya guardian has bad mobility, but damage?! In sPvP I out dps SB by a huge margin on radiant core. That does not mean it’s a better (it is not). Or that some of the warrior nerfs are not warranted. But dagger dps nerf?!

I cannot say that was the funniest thing in this patch. I still think it’s renegade changes, again. Comedy gold.

@Zero.3871 said:

then you include mark of blood which is actually a very bad skill in itself? Please. This is pathetic.

yeah, plz create warrior degger 2 exactly like mark of blood. i give you 2 sec until you start crying because of a skill that makes 0 dmg xD.

Oh please we have AN ENTIRE WEAPON dedicated to doing ZERO damage (warhorn), and Anet even felt the trait associated with it was too OP and nerfed it.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charge_(warrior_skill) https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Call_to_Armshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quick_Breathing

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Oh please we have
AN ENTIRE WEAPON
dedicated to doing
ZERO
damage (warhorn), and Anet even felt the trait associated with it was too OP and nerfed it.

im fine with it doing 0 dmg as long as it does its job right, which is supporting, id rather get a support buff than some useless dmg output, if i want to do dmg ill take a dmg weapon, dont make horn some useless hybrid shit that still wouldnt be used, because its not good enough in one of those 2 things

@RedShark.9548 said:

Oh please we have
AN ENTIRE WEAPON
dedicated to doing
ZERO
damage (warhorn), and Anet even felt the trait associated with it was too OP and nerfed it.

im fine with it doing 0 dmg as long as it does its job right, which is supporting, id rather get a support buff than some useless dmg output, if i want to do dmg ill take a dmg weapon, dont make horn some useless hybrid kitten that still wouldnt be used, because its not good enough in one of those 2 things

Its a support weapon that sucks, it's easily out shined by other support roles today. If I remember correctly it and the rev shield are the only weapons in the game that do 0 damage to others.

Archived