will you stick with ranger

BadSanta.6527

I'll stick with Ranger but I don't think Soulbeast is going to be as awesome as I'd hoped. Without pet swap within Beastmode it's going to feel too clunky for the playstyle I had in mind.

Note: The playstyle I had in mind wasn't camping Beastmode all the time but having to drop out, swap and go back in ruins the flow of combat somewhat. I'd rather drop out when I wanted to use the pet, not just to swap to other skills.

@Vayne.8563 said:I have core ranger (condi), druid and I'll have soulbeast too This poll assumes we only have one ranger.

I have one ranger and will continue to play core ranger, druid and now additionally soulbeast. Depends on my mood and what I do.

I also play other professions, so those polls are sort of pointless for me...

Probably gonna just take a break from the game for a while.

It's obvious the spec is just more condi cheese made for raids. "Cranger 2.0, now with a dagger!" and nothing else.

It has nothing to offer in WvW squads and won't unseat Druid in pvp.

Not really interested in faffing about with the exact same stuff we've been doing for the last 2 years.

Sticking with core, totally underwhelmed with SB. The new traits and stances are boring as sin, the fart effect is obnoxious, they left it a complete guessing game as to how preexisting traits/skills would function while in beastmode and the only UI element clueing us in on that basically reads as "Shit may or may not work, figure it out lol.", most of the beastmode pet ability animations are downright comical(devourer animations being the worst case) and will without a doubt remain so, and to top it all off the intended play pattern of moving in and out of beastmode feels God awful because each time your pet hits the field again he can't remember what the fuck he had been doing and then when you pet swap you get another stutter as that pet hits leading to constant lulls in their actions. Really wanted to love this spec but I just can't see past all the flaws.

This poll really misses the point of elite specializations. The elites aren't there to totally replace the base class, but to offer new options. I didn't really like druid and its celestial form. I still don't completely get how it works. However, with soulbeast, I can have a bit of fun using pet skills that were previous inaccessible and only triggered randomly. I still might go druid if the team needs it, or even core if I want that trait combo, but I have the freedom to swap that whenever sand sharks aren't trying to eat my face.

@Rognik.2579 said:This poll really misses the point of elite specializations. The elites aren't there to totally replace the base class, but to offer new options. I didn't really like druid and its celestial form. I still don't completely get how it works. However, with soulbeast, I can have a bit of fun using pet skills that were previous inaccessible and only kitten randomly. I still might go druid if the team needs it, or even core if I want that trait combo, but I have the freedom to swap that whenever sand sharks aren't trying to eat my face.

I would like to agree with your point, but both Druid and SoulBeast are both condi based. And base ranger is lacking in the power department as well. So if you are not a mindless condi-player, the direction of ranger, and the game in general, leaves power folks with fewer and fewer options each patch.

Archived