If the game was ending ...

Palador.2170

Every MMO has its final day. Some may last a very long time, but no company can run the servers forever.

Let's say that it's GW2's turn, and you have one last day to play. That evening, all your friends from the game will be on, and you'll be able to play with them one last time. But today you're on, and you have this one last day to do whatever you want to within the game. Gemstore is free, options are pretty much unlimited.

What would you do? What parts of the game would you revisit for one last time?

I would walk around the Plains of Ashford. It was the first place I played in during the beta and basically where I started my gw2 journey. If it were to come to an end I want to take one final walk through and think back to the awesome beta events we had. By far, my favorite event was when ol Kralky invaded the zone and we had to fight off the minions. If you die you respawned as one of his minions. Good times.

@Joxer.6024 said:Kinda an odd question to ask what with brand new content/expac/story, etc dropping like 10 hrs. So I wont jinx it, close this please. ;P

Actually, that's part of what made me create this thread. The question is supposed to make you think about what parts of the game really hold meaning for you and why. Our answers might give the devs some insight on what they've done right and what they might want to keep in mind as they make new content.

For my own answer, I'd say that I would re-create my main in a new slot, and use a booster to make him level 80, and grab him his elite spec quickly. Then, I'd run through the personal story line. He's Priory, but this time I'd make him Order of Whispers. Run through the missions until then, and then enjoy running around with Tybalt one more time. Rescue Demmi, then go help some Skritt. And then... stop. No going to Lion's Arch, no trip to Clawr Island. This time, Tybalt lives. Then I'd log over to my exile charr, and have him take one last visit to the Black Citadel. And as he's my cook, I'd also have him whip up every strawberry based feast item he can, and go repay a certain charr cub for all the strawberries I've 'borrowed' over the years.

city of hero's never got that at all. so this is a very fitting topic <3 . for me I would unstill the game and every thing to do with it . if it was shut down get some (sdd space back ,. and then go back to playing my new games even more and look for another new game to take its place and move on . instead thing I find in ops topic is he made a very good post. like I said when city of hero,s shut down with out any word . well lets say it left a lot of people not happy campers and could not even say gg or anything. but I do recall the storm that hit the company . honestly I think about it now it was not big enough storm to have hit that company . <3

First a world basic bosses tour, to say goodbye to every one of them. Then Shaterer, Jormys, Dragon Stand, Gerent, Tarir, Blighted Tree and Teq. Then dancing and chatting in Rata Sum for a while. Then every single jumping puzzle in the game, including the Obsidian Sanctum, and ending with that crazy high one in Verdant Brink. I hope to be gliding across the VB canopy when the servers finally shut down...

Archived