Firebrand the new Revenant?

Felipe.1807

Just take a look at every patch that got released after PoF...FB got nerfed pretty much every single time, and now we about to get another nerf to F2 heals and if that aint enough to kill support firebrand, Anet gonna remove Magi Amulet just to be 100% that this Guardian build is dead and aint coming back lol Okay, you dont want support specs to be viable, is all about burst people down in sec, I get it now, but why do keep nerfing FB skills when the only OP build was Bunker/Support and you just killed, not by nerfing stuff into the ground, but by removing the Amulet that made him viable in the first place...now all the underperfoming FB builds will get even worse, at this point F2 and F3 will end up being a liability and even Core virtues might be better lol Whats next? Is F1 the next in line? But sure keep buffing those spirit weapons, that sure will be able to make guardian be in good spot on the meta.

If its the most potent support or damage, then wouldn't that make it balanced? i don't know enough to really say, but if its that serious, you should set up a argument with abilities coefficients and percentages and why it fails and skills with cds and what needs to be done for it to function as support in pvp.

@Axl.8924 said:What role does firebrand have in pvp right now? i have no idea cause i never played.

Mostly support, it outclasses other support specs by far, but have mediocre mobility and damage...it shines against condi, havent played on this season, but not sure how FB is doing, considering that Power become more frequent.But any kind of damage oriented FB, be power or condi, is easily surpassed by other specs.But now with the removal of Magi Amulet, Support/Bunker FB is officialy dead, and other FB specs got even weaker then they were, thanks for the constant nerfs.

Firebrand support with the Magi Amulet was some of the most fun I've ever had playing pvp. It was also the first time I ever truly felt like I was playing the Guardian class the way it was always meant to be, the way I had hoped it would be when I click character create 5 years ago.

I'll never play it again.

So in essence these nerfs make the support underpowered? so the removal of magi amulet hmm not sure what stats it is.

Is it because you lose survivability and have to sacrifice stats for having more survivability for your support bunker build? is that why? that would make sense since it would mean you would die faster, and with mediocre movement would mean you'd have limited capacity for escape?

@Axl.8924 said:So in essence these nerfs make the support underpowered? so the removal of magi amulet hmm not sure what stats it is.

Is it because you lose survivability and have to sacrifice stats for having more survivability for your support bunker build? is that why? that would make sense since it would mean you would die faster, and with mediocre movement would mean you'd have limited capacity for escape?

Magi gives 900 vitality and 1200 healing power, also gives 900 precision, but this stat is basically useless on this build.

Not sure what the whole problem is with bunkers. Like this is for the first that bunkers are so frowned upon. Maby it's because of the no holy trinity rule. bunkers actually do noticable amount of damage and tons of support? I never minded builds that were designed as thanx to not die in a 1 v 1, honestly they shouldn't even with time. I'd rather they nerf the outgoing support then it's self sustain. We were moving in a rapidly more burstier meta till A-net finnally realises that we ought to slow down. reduce the outgoing support a bit but keep the sustain so that it relatively to the new high end balance goals. not everything needs to die in a 1 v 1.

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:Not sure what the whole problem is with bunkers. Like this is for the first that bunkers are so frowned upon. Maby it's because of the no holy trinity rule. bunkers actually do noticable amount of damage and tons of support? I never minded builds that were designed as thanx to not die in a 1 v 1, honestly they shouldn't even with time. I'd rather they nerf the outgoing support then it's self sustain. We were moving in a rapidly more burstier meta till A-net finnally realises that we ought to slow down. reduce the outgoing support a bit but keep the sustain so that it relatively to the new high end balance goals. not everything needs to die in a 1 v 1.

People probably are traumatized by the old bunker meta that we had right after HoT was released with Bunker Chrono, matches sometimes were decided by which team could get the first kill or the first cap, since was really rare to see someone dying...guess the comunity dont wanna see sPvP turn into that again and are willing to destroy any build that come closes to make that a reality again.

@Felipe.1807 said:

@Axl.8924 said:So in essence these nerfs make the support underpowered? so the removal of magi amulet hmm not sure what stats it is.

Magi gives 900 vitality and 1200 healing power, also gives 900 precision, but this stat is basically useless on this build.

I thought that firebrand was also a healer spec? I remember trying it out with the tomes and i could have sworn it had some healing aspects for group?

I can understand the fear of bunker metas, because you could end up with a really overly tanky build thats impossible to kill, but i am not sure how tanky firebrand was before the nerfs.Hopefully you guys got something to remove more than 1 condi right? RIGHT? because if not, then i think that is stupid.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@Axl.8924 said:What role does firebrand have in pvp right now? i have no idea cause i never played.

Can be tooled to function as either damage or support. Right now it's the most potent support class period.

It's completely non viable and can get straight up 1 shot from full hp by sf eles in 1/2s. It also loses vs glassy holo/spellbreaker/sd thief.

The only thing I can see it being used for now is a harriers amulet perna quickness/might bot.

Granted people will still run it for next six months or so.

Archived