WvW QoL Updates

Ben Phongluangtham.1065

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey folks,

I just wanted to give a quick update before I left for the weekend on the thread we posted a couple weeks ago. We're still in the process of going through all your ideas and figuring out what we can do. Once we're done, we'll prioritize them and start getting them set up on our backlog.

Have a great weekend!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Hey folks,

I just wanted to give a quick update before I left for the weekend on the thread we posted a couple weeks ago. We're still in the process of going through all your ideas and figuring out what we can do. Once we're done, we'll prioritize them and start getting them set up on our backlog.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks for all the communication, and have a great weekend too!

Have a great weekend!

You take weekends before the job is done?Thanks for involving players in these processes and thanks for the update :)

Have a great weekend!

I love you guys <3

Thanks for the communication! It's been absolutely AMAZING :D

Have a great weekend!

@Buy Some Apples.6390 said:QoL is all we see in WvW in terms of updates.

When will we get a real update, and not a PvE map!

I guess that is all a matter of perspective. Two things that people have consistently made loud noise about being implemented are on the way:

Alliances

Skill splits from PvE.

Along with tweaks to balance without outright hammers, and work towards equalizing condi and power.

New maps won't solve the problems that WvW has.

I think over the last 4 months at least, that things are on the right track.

• ArenaNet Staff

As a side note we might need to have a discussion with some of you about the meaning of the phrase "minor qol changes" =) . In all seriousness there were a lot of ideas in there and we've gone through a large portion of the post. Some stuff in there is a bit beyond the scope of what we were thinking with these changes but even still we added some of these to the list in the event there is bandwidth to do them. Thanks again for all the ideas!

@"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:As a side note we might need to have a discussion with some of you about the meaning of the phrase "minor qol changes" =) . In all seriousness there were a lot of ideas in there and we've gone through a large portion of the post. Some stuff in there is a bit beyond the scope of what we were thinking with these changes but even still we added some of these to the list in the event there is bandwidth to do them. Thanks again for all the ideas!

I hope a Static reward track was one of those.. So many times I finish a reward track.. and wasted points go into another reward track I don't need because I didn't notice.

@"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:As a side note we might need to have a discussion with some of you about the meaning of the phrase "minor qol changes" =)

You can phrase it any way you want, but QoL will always just be QoL. It will never be content.And I am sure your metrics already show you the results of the only content update WvW ever got in 5 years.QoL improves on the current.#

As for discussions, we can never have a discussion with any of you due to any criticism which does not come with a positive spin being ..................

@Buy Some Apples.6390 said:

@"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:As a side note we might need to have a discussion with some of you about the meaning of the phrase "minor qol changes" =)

You can phrase it any way you want, but QoL will always just be QoL. It will never be content.And I am sure your metrics already show you the results of the only content update WvW ever got in 5 years.QoL improves on the current.#

As for discussions, we can never have a discussion with any of you due to any criticism which does not come with a positive spin being ..................

Sort of have to define content then too. If it's defined by "playable" then the only content are(is?) maps. They can't really throw classes (which are also "playable") in since that affects the other game modes. Of course...I think the smiley face is there for a joke. Regardless of whatever out of scope ideas the players presented...the ANET team(s) will ultimately decide what is feasible.

@"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:As a side note we might need to have a discussion with some of you about the meaning of the phrase "minor qol changes" =) .

What, not going to go for that idea someone proposed about making three new maps to rotate on the borderlands? =D

~ Kovu

Have a great weekend!

@"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:As a side note we might need to have a discussion with some of you about the meaning of the phrase "minor qol changes" =) . In all seriousness there were a lot of ideas in there and we've gone through a large portion of the post. Some stuff in there is a bit beyond the scope of what we were thinking with these changes but even still we added some of these to the list in the event there is bandwidth to do them. Thanks again for all the ideas!

I'd be more interested in what you mean by backlog.What are the past backlog WvW updates that have been rolled out?

It would also be nice if you could explain why some suggestions were ruled out. If the scope of the suggestion is too large maybe a smaller bandwidth would be acceptable?

• ArenaNet Staff

Backlog is a common development term for a list of things intended to done at some point but are not being worked on at that moment.

I doubt we we’ll go idea by idea and discuss why or why not we’ll add them to the list. There are just too many. If you folks want us to work on some of them, we have to have some time away from the forums. ;)

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Backlog is a common development term for a list of things intended to done at some point but are not being worked on at that moment.

I doubt we we’ll go idea by idea and discuss why or why not we’ll add them to the list. There are just too many. If you folks want us to work on some of them, we have to have some time away from the forums. ;)

Nice! Ima try and make a backlog for my exam!

jkjk ;)

I'd like to see the option to set different keybindings for WvW. Also reduce the level requirement for the mistforged gear, it's complete overkill even when compared to stuff like the legendary WvW backpack and compleatly disincentives people to play any other content the game has to offer if one wants to have a relistic chance of actually getting these items.

Archived