Pls give chefs cheap acc bound power+ferocity food.

Subli.8217

Bowls of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soups are beyond expensive. Almost any food has acc bound living world-related recipe that cuts on costs a lot. It's getting annoying that playing power builds is considerably more expensive (especially since you also have to buy slaying potions). I'm hoping for a resolution next LW episode.

I’d be ok with adjusting ingredient quantity (therefore overall cost) of bssbss. As well as introducing more recipes for 30min duration Pow/Ferocity food. Bssbss is the only food with these 2 stats as focus.To craft 1 it costs 1g30s of materials, for 1hr duration. The bulk of which (71s) are the 10 Ghost peppers.Rare Veggie Pizza is 25s for 30min duration. (For comparison, 50s for 1hr)

@MachineManXX.9746 said:Or, spend some time in Orr and farm yourself some ghost peppers. If you don't want to do that, then keep paying those that do.

Why is it ok for Condition builds to have a 25s BiS food item with cheaper variations that only vary by Duration, yet power/ferocity only has this single food item as BiS, with no other option with similar nourishment effect, but shorter duration? Requesting an account bound recipe for a similar nourishment with shorter duration is incredibly reasonable when looking at the wider picture.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@MachineManXX.9746 said:Or, spend some time in Orr and farm yourself some ghost peppers. If you don't want to do that, then keep paying those that do.

Why is it ok for Condition builds to have a 25s BiS food item with cheaper variations that only vary by
Duration
, yet power/ferocity only has this single food item as BiS, with no other option with similar nourishment effect, but shorter duration? Requesting an account bound recipe for a similar nourishment with shorter duration is incredibly reasonable when looking at the wider picture.

Because it's okay for things to be different. Makes for a better economy. That food is obviously worth the cost or people would not pay it. If it gets too expensive, then more people will farm the peppers and that in turn will lower the price.

no it's not okay in this case, and the account bound variations don't ruin the tradeable food prices, for example gathering orrian truffles and snow truffles is still very profitable, because veggie pizzas are still expensive - not everyone has 400 chef and willingness to craft or even play the LW episode.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:Bowls of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soups are beyond expensive. Almost any food has acc bound living world-related recipe that cuts on costs a lot. It's getting annoying that playing power builds is considerably more expensive (especially since you also have to buy slaying potions). I'm hoping for a resolution next LW episode.

While I fully support the idea for cheap account-bound food, let's not exaggerate. No, you don't have to buy it. And you don't have to use slaying potions either. They help, but they aren't what makes or breaks your play. Your skill is. You can run trash food and if you're decent player your results will be pretty much the same. You'll lose about 2% from the food and 5% from the slaying potions.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:I would prefer if new power+ferocity food was vegan.

Enough salad crap already. Tasty steak pls.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Sublimatio.6981 said:Bowls of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soups are beyond expensive. Almost any food has acc bound living world-related recipe that cuts on costs a lot. It's getting annoying that playing power builds is considerably more expensive (especially since you also have to buy slaying potions). I'm hoping for a resolution next LW episode.

While I fully support the idea for cheap account-bound food, let's not exaggerate. No, you don't
have
to buy it. And you don't
have
to use slaying potions either. They help, but they aren't what makes or breaks your play. Your skill is. You can run trash food and if you're decent player your results will be pretty much the same. You'll lose about 2% from the food and 5% from the slaying potions.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:I would prefer if new power+ferocity food was vegan.

Enough salad crap already. Tasty steak pls.

ok lets assume im in dredge fractal. if i dont use major night sigil and superior night sigil + dredge slaying potion, i lose 27% dps. If I don't use Bowl of Sweet (...), i lose exactly 5.133978833596037% effective power (quickly tested with gw2power.com)

Thats 32% less dps if I just walk into dredge fractal without proper food, potions and sigil. Ok let's assume I wear force+Air everywhere so maybe it will be a bit less but still very considerable difference. I have to use it - otherwise I don't even want to play the game, I feel bad when I underperform and I feel weak. (necro being underperformer and a weak class aside)

Btw the misconception that vegan diet consists only of salad is very popular, but there are many amazing substitutes for meat, and there are also other vegan things that everyone enjoys like french fries, pancakes, curry rice, hummus, soups, pasta with pesto (oh my god) im gonna stop here

First off, you're arguing about the food. Sigils have nothing to do with it so leave them alone instead of using them to blow your numbers out of proportion. So you lose 5% from the food, but you can use cheaper food to gain 2-3%, ending up with 2-3% loss there. You don't use slaying, but you use a generic cheap utility to gain let's say 4%, so you lose 6% there. In total you lose less than 10% dps. The difference is barely noticeable and won't change anything in the clear.

Btw I like most of the vegan foods you listed, they go very well as a side to a steak.

@OrbitalButt.5708 said:Foods that make me feel Powerful and Ferocious:

Peanut Sausage DumpCreamed Beef KnucklesSweet and Sour Fiesta BeansDeep Fried Cabbage BlartFish Ticks

Please add one or all of the above beloved culturally significant dishes as a power/ferocity food. I am particularly fond of Fish Ticks

Sincerely,

Orbital Butt (The)

Heh, I quite enjoyed the names on these. Personally I vote for the deep fried cabbage blart, but the fiesta beans sound excellent too.

@OrbitalButt.5708 said:Foods that make me feel Powerful and Ferocious:

Peanut Sausage DumpCreamed Beef KnucklesSweet and Sour Fiesta BeansDeep Fried Cabbage BlartFish Ticks

Please add one or all of the above beloved culturally significant dishes as a power/ferocity food. I am particularly fond of Fish Ticks

Sincerely,

Orbital Butt (The)

I missed you.

This is why I don't bother using the butternut squash soup, it's way too fucking overpriced. I usually settle for cheaper food from the portable provisioner from WvW like the can of steak and asparagus (80power/60prec) or if my class can max out crit chance (which is usually the case anyway) I use canned spicier flank steak (80power/60cond dmg) More often than not I'm top dps anyway, so clearly top tier food is the least of my concern. I'd buy a canned food that gave 80power/60fero but unfortunately it doesn't exist, because the only food in the entire game that has a power/fero stat combo is the overpriced soup.

Also, who the hell still uses rare veggie pizza? Get with the times, there's been a much cheaper alternative ever since PoF came out called Red-Lentil Saobosa that gives the same stat boost as the pizza and is 3x cheaper to buy.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Vrita.7846 said:Also, who the hell still uses rare veggie pizza? Get with the times, there's been a much cheaper alternative ever since PoF came out called Red-Lentil Saobosa that gives the same stat boost as the pizza and is 3x cheaper to buy.

That’s the point, there is no cheaper alternative to bssbss that gives the same stats.

It feels like you ignored the rest of my comment, because I'm fully aware that there's no cheaper alternative to the soup, I even acknowledged that.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Sublimatio.6981" said:Bowls of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soups are beyond expensive. Almost any food has acc bound living world-related recipe that cuts on costs a lot. It's getting annoying that playing power builds is considerably more expensive (especially since you also have to buy slaying potions). I'm hoping for a resolution next LW episode.

Looks like they granted your wish.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Avocado_Smoothie

+80 Power+60 Ferocity+10% Experience from Kills

1 avocado2 snowflakes1 bottle of coconut milk

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"Sublimatio.6981" said:Bowls of Sweet and Spicy Butternut Squash Soups are beyond expensive. Almost any food has acc bound living world-related recipe that cuts on costs a lot. It's getting annoying that playing power builds is considerably more expensive (especially since you also have to buy slaying potions). I'm hoping for a resolution next LW episode.

no they didn't. this isn't lvl 80 food.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

Oh?

Avocado SmoothieItem type: FoodReq. level: 80Binding: Account Bound

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

Oh?

Avocado SmoothieItem type: Food
Req. level: 80
Binding: Account Bound

thats bug, a dev explained it on reddit. they are probably going to fix it. what i say by "it's not lvl 80 food" is that the stats amount is for low level food.