Kasmeer and Marjory - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Kasmeer and Marjory

2>

Comments

• IMHO it would be great if they just would keep Kas and Jory as they are, I feel like the story (and IRL world tbh) could use with a LGBTQ couple that's just...stable. We already got crazy homosexuals in GW2 (The Green Knight in the sylvari orig, and ofc Faolain...Pretty sure Rhiannoc had something going on with that squire. All sylvari are kitten a f) so don't really need to add to it with a lesbian who's spooked by her lost love.

I will say though that I second having a love interest for the player because if I could I would canach ;P

• kasoki.5180kasoki.5180 Member ✭✭✭

I have no problem with romance in games. Honestly, I don't really understand why some people do since they are usually completely optional. Why be against something that doesn't effect you in any way but may enhance the experience for other players?

On topic of killing off characters. I mean, one of our companion is literally dying from terminal illness. Which I think was presented in phenomenal way. The lack of control and agency makes the situation for me personally even more dreadful. Not everyone needs to die in dramatic combat fighting the ancient enemy. If they actually go through with Taimi's illness I would personally consider it masterpiece from the perspective of video game storytelling.
    Basically, what I'm trying to say is that i don't see any need to kill of anyone at this particular point.

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2018

@PanBelacqua.9058 said:
    Killing off an asian lesbian woman in a committed relationship is a bad look, just going to put it out there. A love interest plot would likely come off as forced, unless they introduced a ton of different options that take your backstory questions, race, profession (elite specialization?) into account.

It is weird to me that the only love story in this game is gushy lesbian lovers... why would anet do that? As you mentioned, that is very forced writing. Just being too pc? It is very fascinating to me.when I try to figure out what the point of this Iesbian storyline is.

• Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2018

Still waiting for my favorite odd couple, Rytlock and Canach, to confess their true feelings to eachother... and kitten we have gone a long way if people are now too worried to kill off a homosexual characters simply because of their sexual orientation.

Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. Henry Ford

• @Opopanax.1803 said:

@PanBelacqua.9058 said:
    Killing off an asian lesbian woman in a committed relationship is a bad look, just going to put it out there. A love interest plot would likely come off as forced, unless they introduced a ton of different options that take your backstory questions, race, profession (elite specialization?) into account.

It is weird to me that the only love story in this game is gushy lesbian lovers... why would anet do that? As you mentioned, that is very forced writing. Just being too pc? It is very fascinating to me.when I try to figure out what the point of this Iesbian storyline is.

That's...really not what I meant.
    I meant that any Commander/NPC plots are likely going to come off as forced.
    I'm not one to say that lesbian romance plots are forced, because they're lesbian.

I think that Kasjory is a pretty nice romance, but I think that it benefits from having played Season 1. We also haven't had Kasmeer in a major role for a year, or Marjory in a major role since Out of the Shadows, which was brief. Before that? Season 2.

"Beware the Danger of Secrets Kept."
    -Lord Odran

• Opal.9324Opal.9324 Member ✭✭✭

The love interest better be optional. If I want one of my characters to fall in love, I'll do it in RP.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭
    edited October 21, 2018

It will be epic turn-turn-turn if those two already been lost to Branded, and now they are serve Kralk as main lieutenants. And we will have to fight them in some cool scenario.

We have not heard from them for awhile now. Last thing they said - warning about Kralkatorrik.
    Just a simple scenarion out of my head:
    While Commander been busy with Joko, Kasmeer and Marjory fall to Branded and then later some time, they lead Branded invasion somewhere in Kryta. Commander and party switch priorities to stop those two, possibly kill them if necessary. But instead of killing them, Aurene interfered, and Re-brand them into one of her own minions. But since Aurene free from any dragon corruptions, Kasmeer and Marjory got back their free will, still connected to Aurene thoughts.

As we know, Aurene fears for future. Allies she have now are not enough to prevent it. Having her own lieutenants, even if it will be Re-Branded Kasmeer and Marjory, and later Branded-like army, could be a good first step. Also it could be a plot twist towards Taimi's chances to prevent her own death.

P.s. Sylvari are Corruption-Free-Modrem. Why stop there =)

• I'd rather have the two of them written out, Marjory is boring and two dimensional and Kasmeer is annoying and two dimensional.

• Turkeyspit.3965Turkeyspit.3965 Member ✭✭✭✭

Please, no more funeral / memorial missions. Least. Fun. Quest. Ever.

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭

I'm all for having characters die off, the more likable the better imo since it gives me something to feel when it happens.

Gotta admit I didn't care much for Eir dying off.. matter of fact I actually predicted it as a possibility which I was surprised to see come to reality.
    Sure It was like aww Eir..
    but I had no real emotional attachment to her so it didn't take long for that to wear off.

The Dragons Watch group has far more attachement to me since these are characters i've gotten very fond of over time.. some more than others for example Taimi and Canach I absolutely adore where as Marjory and Kasmeer I like but they really haven't been around as much for me to really care about them in the same way.

When a death happens it's gotta be big for people to really care and the only way that happens is if you really invest in that character first and Eir just didn't have that kind of investment imo

Only thing I don't agree with in the OP on though is the idea of our character having a romantic interest.. that would be a huge mess of issues that would never pay off XD
    it's diving far too much into the individual preferences and differences of every individual player.. there's no way they could do something like that without annoying a lot of people or investing a ridiculous amount of time and work into a multitude of different love interest options whom would never be able to live upto the role the way everyone wanted their ideal gw2 partner to be..

Not even worth going down that road lol

• So far the deaths haven't been that great to me. As was said before, I didn't really care that much about Eir to begin with and Blish's death seemed sad until the mood was ruined by the highly annoying jumping puzzle right after.

• @Vagrant.7206 said:
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BuryYourGays

Let's not kill Kasmeer or Marjory please.

I'd be ok with Braham or Taimi going -- Braham is just constantly hounding you for no particular reason, and Taimi's an obnoxious deus ex machina. Marjory is the only one with an actual personality, so I definitely don't want to see her go.

Only way I can personally see Taimi losing her life is through her disease, Braham may pull a "Leeroy" on us.

• Beside of any romance, I don't like it when players constantly demand that a npc has to die for the development of a story. It is boring, it kills the fantasy of the game and decrease further content possibilities. There are many ways for a character improvement, why has always someone has to die for this? The dead of an important npc should be the last option and should be a really rare event.

• @Killjoy.9213 said:

Only way I can personally see Taimi losing her life is through her disease, Braham may pull a "Leeroy" on us.

U mean "Kilroy" right?

@Menaki.6329 said:
    Beside of any romance, I don't like it when players constantly demand that a npc has to die for the development of a story. It is boring, it kills the fantasy of the game and decrease further content possibilities. There are many ways for a character improvement, why has always someone has to die for this? The dead of an important npc should be the last option and should be a really rare event.

I agree that characters should not constantly be dieing around the PC and that it should be a rare Event but it still should be Happening from time to time and it should also be "important" characters..

anyone remembers Tonnthe explosiv Genius?.. he died yes but me personally did not care cuz he was introduced .. like 2 missions previos and had maybe 4 textlines? ok in startrek those who die only got 1 line of text so ist kinda an approvement but ist still not enough for me to care about them.
    in opposite that Mission with tonn and the aftermath was pretty annoing from my Point of view. but indeed i liked that Little reminder in HoT when we Meet his wife again

i guess we all cared in one way or the other about our order Mentor on claw Island but apart from that i cant remember any "important" character dieing until eir in HoT while i got to say i was not really concerned cuz eir from all D.E. Member she is the one i had least interest in .. maybe because im not really interested in norn as playable race
    their lore is nice and interesting but thats pretty much all. so i never had much contact to eir ingame

so i was not sad after her death but i was surprised and cared about it because i did not expect that A-net to actually do this. cuz lot of cases in movies and games it would be avoided in a way we are witnissing it with zoija right now..
    to be honest i would not had mind if the number of deaths would have been +1. mordremoth seemed to be one super dangerous guy after all

• @norbes.3620 said:

@Killjoy.9213 said:

U mean "Kilroy" right?

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

kitten I love that dwarf

• @Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

@norbes.3620 said:

@Killjoy.9213 said:

U mean "Kilroy" right?

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!

kitten I love that dwarf

Aye, KILLROOOOOOY!

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭

I’d rather they not kill Marjory or Kasmeer, but if one of them DOES die I’d rather it be Marjory, because Kasmeer gets scary when Marjory gets hurt, not to mention it would make more sense in Lore since Marjory puts herself in more situations to be injured, and has been injured in multiple major fights (Scarlet, Balthazar, and I believe one more).

Also, if they’re going to do a PC love story thing there better be multiple options, one of which being the “I’m choosing no one” option or else there will be unholy hellfire from the community. These people lose it over not being able to change the wording of a sentence, or the tone it’s said in, just imagine if their character is forced into a relationship they don’t like.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• @Durzlla.6295 said:
    I’d rather they not kill Marjory or Kasmeer, but if one of them DOES die I’d rather it be Marjory, because Kasmeer gets scary when Marjory gets hurt, not to mention it would make more sense in Lore since Marjory puts herself in more situations to be injured, and has been injured in multiple major fights (Scarlet, Balthazar, and I believe one more).

Also, if they’re going to do a PC love story thing there better be multiple options, one of which being the “I’m choosing no one” option or else there will be unholy hellfire from the community. These people lose it over not being able to change the wording of a sentence, or the tone it’s said in, just imagine if their character is forced into a relationship they don’t like.

But Ofcourse!

Just imagine u got this awesome headcanon on off relationship with that awesome bartender chick From Ur hometown wich give u thrills

And have to replace IT with.. Some whiny Hysteric Mesmer who just lost her girl friend?
    Or some annoying necromancer Detektive with.. Sure some Nice voice.. Who just lost..

Or maybe get Ur turn with the New pact Marshall who is god thanks to busy with work or thinking bout how He failed to conquer his crush to Spend time with u

Perhaps Ur more into The tough furry soldier /
    Some gloomy teenager who realize He love and hate u at The same time cuz u Spend more time with his mother than himself

AT least there would still be salad as an Option sooo...

Yea u get it . i dont really See this fit into gw2

• Durzlla.6295Durzlla.6295 Member ✭✭✭

@norbes.3620 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:

But Ofcourse!

Just imagine u got this awesome headcanon on off relationship with that awesome bartender chick From Ur hometown wich give u thrills

And have to replace IT with.. Some whiny Hysteric Mesmer who just lost her girl friend?
    Or some annoying necromancer Detektive with.. Sure some Nice voice.. Who just lost..

Or maybe get Ur turn with the New pact Marshall who is god thanks to busy with work or thinking bout how He failed to conquer his crush to Spend time with u

Perhaps Ur more into The tough furry soldier /
    Some gloomy teenager who realize He love and hate u at The same time cuz u Spend more time with his mother than himself

AT least there would still be salad as an Option sooo...

Yea u get it . i dont really See this fit into gw2

I mean, if you're trying to have the love interest be an existing NPC it would make little to no sense and would be incredibly forced, i'm saying IF they decide that's the route they'd go they'd just need to make like, Male Option, Female Option, and "Stay Single" at a minimum.

That being said, i really could care less if they implement a "love interest" for the PC in the main storyline, i don't see a real point to it and it will just kitten off more people than it'll make happy unless they include a whole bunch of different options and at that point it's just wasting resources for something that's either going to be ridiculously minor and self contained in a single arc, or is just going to drain more resources in the future for little gain.

"But my children sing to me. Listen. They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family. As their mother, I have to grant them their wish."

• @Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    The love interest already exists....

Why else would the Commander be constantly giving Drooburt gifts?

frightening... but... makes sense...

• dontlook.1823dontlook.1823 Member ✭✭✭

thanks for your feedback everyone.

More, more. More is always better. Chakata

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:
    The love interest already exists....

Why else would the Commander be constantly giving Drooburt gifts?

If Konig says so, its official Lore now.

• Aeon.4583Aeon.4583 Member ✭✭

No no, please don't make npc love interest for player character.
    Players can do that themselfs with their own characters =)
    For ex. I know two players who are actual Husband and Wife. They have awesome Sylvari characters. Don't break this.

• Deimos.4263Deimos.4263 Member ✭✭✭

We don't have a love interest, but we are an (unrequited) love interest. Lord Faren's to be specific. Still it's nice to be wanted.

• dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018

the death tree has been shaken too much in this game cough personal story!

as far as love interist i already think the commander has a sweetheart (if they are asura)

this little cutie who keeps greeting me by the door of the applied Development lab
    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bezia

• @Deimos.4263 said:
    We don't have a love interest, but we are an (unrequited) love interest. Lord Faren's to be specific. Still it's nice to be wanted.

would not mind being wanted by someone else though

• dusanyu.4057dusanyu.4057 Member ✭✭✭

@Deimos.4263 said:

only if your a human noble fo i guess he is the human equivalent of mysterious Bezia

2>
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.