GS Mesmers binding multiple skills to one key

Brandon.8294

I've been encountering a few mesmers a day who bind mantra of pain, f1 and GS 3 to all cast upon hitting one button. Now I understand that mashing all 3 buttons at once can almost have the same effect, but still leave a delay long enough to dodge or use any defensive CD needed to survive the burst. Recently I've been noticing a hand full of mesmers a day using what is basically an exploit to remove what little counterplay there is to their burst.

You can tell when a Mesmer is using this exploit by the sound of GS3 and mantra of pain happening at literally the same exact time. I've played against enough GS power mesmers to understand how quickly that combo can legitimately be casted.

I can provide video proof if needed or you could watch any streamer playing in a pvp environment

If I remember correctly then the Anet's Rule say that anything that helps player to "activate" two and more different skills with less then 1 second delay between each cast by using only One Key Bind is prohibited with an exception of Musical Instruments.So I guess it would be useful to seek out those people and eliminate this kind of play.However, this regards mostly the One-shot Ele builds, it's hard to imagine having such 3rd party program to be used along with a targeted AoE skill.

How do you know it's one button & not a player hitting multiple keys at the same time? Long ago i've tried macro's on my mesmer (Using mmo mouse & Logitec G13) thinking it making it easier. & it don't work well at all. Cuz in a split decision if you have to change your maneuvers, you can't do it if your macro is still casting stuff as you go along. Happened to me at that time so i decided to forget macro's & L2p & keystroke. That's why lots of good Vet mesmer players out there have learned to use multiple keystrokes at the same time while being able to switch it up if needed be at the last second. But no macro's. It hinders mesmer casting more then anything else.

@Brandon.8294 said:I've been encountering a few mesmers a day who bind mantra of pain, f1 and GS 3 to all cast upon hitting one button. Now I understand that mashing all 3 buttons at once can almost have the same effect, but still leave a delay long enough to dodge or use any defensive CD needed to survive the burst. Recently I've been noticing a hand full of mesmers a day using what is basically an exploit to remove what little counterplay there is to their burst.

You can tell when a Mesmer is using this exploit by the sound of GS3 and mantra of pain happening at literally the same exact time. I've played against enough GS power mesmers to understand how quickly that combo can legitimately be casted.

I can provide video proof if needed or you could watch any streamer playing in a pvp environment

Actually, hitting a button with your thumb, left hand finger and one mouse button finger is not that difficult, it's actually essential to pulling off GS burst. I have 1-5 normal keybinds, then I have 7-10 keybinded to zxcv and I have F1&F2 on two of my mouse buttons right next to my index finger. No macro required.

The whole gs2 blink combo can be done without any macro in a second with good keybinds. Seriously every not totally incompetent mesmer can do it during a no clone continuum split, you can see it everywhere on youtube in chronomancer videos.

that > @BlackBeard.2873 said:

You could always just dodge the mantra of distraction....oh wait...no you can't b/c it interrupts dodge-rolls while traited with Confounding Suggestions

Literally NO counterplay! Such great design!!!

This is a bug and not intended and should get fixed but it is not happening always, only when the stun (not only mantra, also from f3) happens in an unlucky timing to the dodge. In 80% of all cases you can dodge it. A fix is needed still.

@Airdive.2613 said:So am I macroing as well on my core guardian when I'm about to land a really sweet hit with hammer 2 and decide to secure it by pressing F1, F2 and F3 in a quick succession during the animation?

You realise that Macros are against ToS and you just admitted to breaking those terms on their forums with your account name associated correct? Please don't use macros, it is against the rules.

Don't think Mes should be singled out for this. I've encountered other people from other classes that do this too. I even made a thread about it a while ago saying that some people are definitely using macros. This is helped by instant cast skills and quickness which can make for some insane damage combos that can be performed faster than a human can do, and perfectly every time.

I've played mes for many years now so I know when another mes is using a macro, because they can pull off a 1 sec combo that will down you before you can react every time you fight them. Some of the combos are complex to do consistently without fail. That's the tell: absolutely no mistake every time. Fortunately I haven't seem to much of this, but it is really obvious when you encounter it.

@thatdarnkatz.7168 said:

@Airdive.2613 said:So am I macroing as well on my core guardian when I'm about to land a really sweet hit with hammer 2 and decide to secure it by pressing F1, F2 and F3 in a quick succession during the animation?

You realise that Macros are against ToS and you just admitted to breaking those terms on their forums with your account name associated correct? Please don't use macros, it is against the rules.

Although I just said that I decide to secure the hit, so obviously I hit all three keys separately. It's just that it happens really quickly and is totally doable, so one could go QQ after I actually willingly burned my three instant skills that they have no means of counterplay.

@thatdarnkatz.7168 said:

You realise that Macros are against ToS and you just admitted to breaking those terms on their forums with your account name associated correct? Please don't use macros, it is against the rules.made my day

@thatdarnkatz.7168 said:

You cannot be that dense. Did you not read what he said? He ASKED you if him pressing three buttons at the same would count as a macro and you automatically assume he is macro'ing.

The logic leaps from humans today astounds me to no end. I think we are truly regressing instead of progressing.

There are probably mesmers who use macros, but so often have I been accused of using programs when literally just hitting "Mouse Button#5", "R", and "2" That I find it difficult to really accuse anyone myself.

Does A-net actually have anything in place that can like detect real abuse? I would assume recording flawless input timings 100% of the time across months might be enough. At the same time I'm no programmer, but I presume random delays can be programmed into some complex macro.

I wouldn't want to nerf mesmer's burst or anything like that but I think this is why other games have global cool-downs/after cast delays all classes are subject to. (outside of being a feature of specific skills)

@"Daishi.6027" said:There are probably mesmers who use macros, but so often have I been accused of using programs when literally just hitting "Mouse Button#5", "R", and "2" That I find it difficult to really accuse anyone myself.

Does A-net actually have anything in place that can like detect real abuse? I would assume recording flawless input timings 100% of the time across months might be enough. At the same time I'm no programmer, but I presume random delays can be programmed into some complex macro.

I wouldn't want to nerf mesmer's burst or anything like that but I think this is why other games have global cool-downs/after cast delays all classes are subject to. (outside of being a feature of specific skills)

It does need to be nerfed though. Instant cast skills that don't have projectiles attached that can be seen and dodged, need to be nerfed. FA ele and mesmer burst need to be gutted. Especially with the defensive skills that those builds have.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@"OriOri.8724" said:Our mantra charges and F1 are both instant cast skills, and as instant cast skills you can use them while using another skill. Are you seriously trying to argue that players cannot press 3 keys simultaneously?

That's what i was saying. Just longer.

It's incredibly easy pressing 6 buttons on my Razor Naga Moba mouse.. in fact I can use my thumb to press three buttons simultaneously and it's quicker than some one using their left hand to press a single F1.

To add, I can press my key bind "Q and "E" while also pressing 3 buttons on my mouse... most top players have been doing this for years.

@warherox.7943 said:

@"Daishi.6027" said:There are probably mesmers who use macros, but so often have I been accused of using programs when literally just hitting "Mouse Button#5", "R", and "2" That I find it difficult to really accuse anyone myself.

It does need to be nerfed though. Instant cast skills that don't have projectiles attached that can be seen and dodged, need to be nerfed. FA ele and mesmer burst need to be gutted. Especially with the defensive skills that those builds have.

FA ele defensive whut? Please at least try the build before saying that. Mirage won't have much defensive skill once EM nerf is in place though, since focus fire will quickly shut down endurance regen and hamper both mirage's offense and defense. And chrono's defense is gate behind 30s+ CD blink/shield block/distort (assuming they take portal and Power block ofc). Much more easy to pin down.

But yeah CS did receive complaint when it was first released, it quickly died down when people realise power mesmer has no real burst combo outside of mirror blade/blink/F1, effectively making the spec very predictable and easy to counter in HoT meta. Now the trait/utility synergy can make more impact mainly because of ammo system and other weapon skills actually do something, so I wouldn't really mind adding extra CD or reduce stun duration for some counterplay.

Or easier way is just to swap CS with power block. Thus mesmer speccing for instant stun can't deal massive damage from shatter or GS phantasms, while retaining the lockdown feature that the whole traitline is aiming for.

@Brandon.8294 said:I've been encountering a few mesmers a day who bind mantra of pain, f1 and GS 3 to all cast upon hitting one button. Now I understand that mashing all 3 buttons at once can almost have the same effect, but still leave a delay long enough to dodge or use any defensive CD needed to survive the burst. Recently I've been noticing a hand full of mesmers a day using what is basically an exploit to remove what little counterplay there is to their burst.

• Same problem for elem fresh air.
  • Same for dodge + jump.

The problem is not new.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

FA ele defensive whut? Please at least try the build before saying that. Mirage won't have much defensive skill once EM nerf is in place though, since focus fire will quickly shut down endurance regen and hamper both mirage's offense and defense. And chrono's defense is gate behind 30s+ CD blink/shield block/distort (assuming they take portal and Power block ofc). Much more easy to pin down.

But yeah CS did receive complaint when it was first released, it quickly died down when people realise power mesmer has no real burst combo outside of mirror blade/blink/F1, effectively making the spec very predictable and easy to counter in HoT meta. Now the trait/utility synergy can make more impact mainly because of ammo system and other weapon skills actually do something, so I wouldn't really mind adding extra CD or reduce stun duration for some counterplay.

Or easier way is just to swap CS with power block. Thus mesmer speccing for instant stun can't deal massive damage from shatter or GS phantasms, while retaining the lockdown feature that the whole traitline is aiming for.

It is when you have focus.

@Delweyn.1309 said:

• Same problem for elem fresh air.
  • Same for dodge + jump.

The problem is not new.

Dodge jumping should be removed but that will never happen.

Archived