Benchmarks

Bast.7253

So following the rotation, how does one go from a 32k benchmark to 14k on a test golemn?

I would have never concerned myself with this but want to eventually raid and just spent an unpleasant 30 minutes in a challenge mode I've done a hundred times before with elitists who have dps meters (which are extremely unhealthy for this game and one of the reasons I liked it more than other mmo's such as World of Warcraft.)

But just out of curiosity, why is my damage so much lower than benchmarks?

I'm trying the arcane staff weaver build right now and it seems to consist solely of camping fire. What exciting gameplay.

I was sword/dagger power in the challenge mode and have not tried it out on the golemn but should apparently learn staff as it is what the developers seem to want elementalists to play in pve group content.

The main difference from the build that I can tell is that I don't have the +5 power infusions, and I need to change out one weapon sigil. My rotation is by no means perfect, but in a fractal where you have to avoid standing in shit and staying alive, I can't imagine someone else will get the rotation perfect all the time either. Yet they may somehow by the grace of elitist gaming gods manage to make somewhere closer to the benchmark.

I've had similar issues on my clone mirage but managed to get it to 17k one time I believe.

Never thought I would have to worry about this in this game, but I guess good things can't last forever.

Your rant gets several things wrong, lemme name the main three:

• That you have to adapt to "elitists", you don't if you don't want to because it's in your power to form your own groups and do your own thing.
  • That you will reach benchmark numbers in a real scenario - SPOILER ALERT - you won't, a good weaver can be anywhere between 18-22k on Arkk (100CM last boss) for example.
  • That DPS meters are inherently bad and that you can reasonably expect to not be subject to performance on a Challenge Mode. Would like to see how the whole story played out with you and that "elitist" pug. You'll find terrible people with meters of course just like you find terrible players that don't carry their weight, it's a MMO and you're bound to find any amount of different tastes and personalities.

That's interesting about the 18-22k on Arkk. I finally managed to get to 17k, which is still nowhere near it but an improvement at least.

The first is pretty obvious, but thanks for the suggestion.

As to the last part, it is my opinion, sure, but I'm sure I'm not the only one that shares that sentiment. I assume you're a fan and I've offended you.

Thank you for your deeply enlightening post.

Although emotionally heated, the real intention of this post was to determine why my damage was/is so much lower than benchmark. But the Arkk bit was actually relevant and appreciated.

I've used DPS meters since they openly allowed the use of arcdps but I am not a fan of telling people anything unless they underperform in a way that hurts the group. Otherwise anything goes and I always give non-meta builds a chance to show me new and interesting things. If you got to 17k DPS by the end of Arkk that's pretty respectable for a pug.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:Although emotionally heated, the real intention of this post was to determine why my damage was/is so much lower than benchmark. But the Arkk bit was actually relevant and appreciated.

It is largely up to fight specifics and dps downtime. Arkk goes invulnerable regularly so any big damage you cast right before that ends up wasted and hurts your dps badly. And of course there are the mechanics. Anything that interrupts your dps rotation is hurting your dps as well. In the end, it's a matter of practice. And (spoiler alert) dps meters are actually helpful in that part. ;)

I'm gonna be honest with you, if you are doing absolutely high tier content, no one is going to slay you if get like 15-17k.

Boss mechanics prevent you from doing high deeps no matter what the scenario. Only reason why people are stricter in something like raids is because the bosses stand around in place a bit longer (not all, but some).

In higher tier fractals literally no one should blame you because bosses will most likely have invul timers, so you should be fine and lighten up.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:So following the rotation, how does one go from a 32k benchmark to 14k on a test golemn?

I would have never concerned myself with this but want to eventually raid and just spent an unpleasant 30 minutes in a challenge mode I've done a hundred times before with elitists who have dps meters (which are extremely unhealthy for this game and one of the reasons I liked it more than other mmo's such as World of Warcraft.)

I'm trying the arcane staff weaver build right now and it seems to consist solely of camping fire. What exciting gameplay.

I was sword/dagger power in the challenge mode and have not tried it out on the golemn but should apparently learn staff as it is what the developers seem to want elementalists to play in pve group content.

The main difference from the build that I can tell is that I don't have the +5 power infusions, and I need to change out one weapon sigil. My rotation is by no means perfect, but in a fractal where you have to avoid standing in kitten and staying alive, I can't imagine someone else will get the rotation perfect all the time either. Yet they may somehow by the grace of elitist gaming gods manage to make somewhere closer to the benchmark.

I've had similar issues on my clone mirage but managed to get it to 17k one time I believe.

Never thought I would have to worry about this in this game, but I guess good things can't last forever.

It can be alot of things. Havign the same gear, having unfusions, using the right buffs, performing the rotation as well as shown.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:So following the rotation, how does one go from a 32k benchmark to 14k on a test golemn?

The main difference from the build that I can tell is that I don't have the +5 power infusions, and I need to change out one weapon sigil. My rotation is by no means perfect, but in a fractal where you have to avoid standing in kitten and staying alive, I can't imagine someone else will get the rotation perfect all the time either. Yet they may somehow by the grace of elitist gaming gods manage to make somewhere closer to the benchmark.

Ok, so congratations on taking the first step that so many people never bother to take. You measured your performance and found out that you weren't performing anywhere near as well as you expected. Now follow through on that information and do something about it! Upload a video of your rotation to YouTube, and post it on your profession board for advice. Tweak and practice your rotation on the golem until you're nailing the numbers you ought to be getting. And download ArcDPS so that you have some context. 17k dps is just fine if its as good as anyone else in your group is doing.

Just don't give up, and don't succumb to sour grapes whining about "elitists!" You'll be there before you know it.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:The fact that you succesfully completed mentioned content multiple times is enough justification to not bother with pug elitists.

Just because you can successfully push a cart with hexagonal wheels doesn't mean you shouldn't bother making them round. ;)

nah, if you bother about efficiency, you play with static group, pugs are impossible to maintain propers support for weavers so bothering with their complaints is pointless

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:The fact that you succesfully completed mentioned content multiple times is enough justification to not bother with pug elitists.

Just because you can successfully push a cart with hexagonal wheels doesn't mean you shouldn't bother making them round. ;)

nah, if you bother about efficiency, you play with static group, pugs are impossible to maintain propers support for weavers so bothering with their complaints is pointless

As someone who mostly pugs his full fractal clears, allow me to disagree. What you say is only true for the lower tiers.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

As someone who mostly pugs his full fractal clears, allow me to disagree. What you say is only true for the lower tiers.

That's the problem with adjusting expectations to reality.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

That's the problem with adjusting expectations to reality.

Please tell me more about my own gaming experience.

Archived