Interacting with banners no longer resets buff duration

Guest [Deleted User]

I reported this in-game but there's no relevant category so I'll post here too. I just noticed that touching a guild buff banner (e.g. Surveying Banner that gives +% chance to find rarer mats when gathering) no longer resets the buff duration when the buff is on your bar. I noticed this at the logging farm in Malchor's Leap - I had a character with 6 mins left on the buff and repeatedly interacted with the banner there but it never reset to 30 min, just kept counting down from 6.

Hmm, are you sure that you only had the gathering buff from a previous Surveying Banner (10% gathering chance as opposed to 15%)? I'm fairly certain that the banners do not overwrite stronger versions of a buff with their own, weaker version, even if the old buff only has a very short duration left. Or maybe it's just the Surveying Banner that's b0rked.

There are different levels of buff. They don't all stack.

• Heroes banner adds 15% and renews with itself and overrides any 10% boost.
  • Gathering Banner Boost also adds 15%.
  • Gathering Boost only adds 10%.

The 15% always takes precedent and the icons on the buff bar are identical, so if you have 6 minutes left of a 15% buff, touching a 10% buff banner has no effect. Unfortunately, there's no easy way to see which is which unless you also paid attention to the amount of the buff.

Guild Heroes Banner

Spawns a guild banner that will give +10% karma, +15% magic find, +10% experience from kills, +10% gold from kills, +10% increased movement speed, and +15% gathering chance to any ally that touches it for 30 minutes. Does not stack with any other banner boosts.

Guild Gathering Banner Boost

Increase change to find rare materials from mining, logging, and harvesting by 15%. Does not stack with other gathering banner boosts.

Guild Gathering Boost

Increase change to find rare materials from mining, logging, and harvesting by 10%

Guild Swiftness & Gathering

Spawns a guild banner that will give +15% gathering chance and +10% movement speed boost for 30 minutes to any ally who touches it. Does not stack with other gathering or speed banners

I am 100% certain it was the 10% version, and was not reset by the Surveying banner I touched for the inital post. But the other types of banners weren't refreshing for me in WvW either.

@"Kunzaito.8169" said:I am 100% certain it was the 10% version, and was not reset by the Surveying banner I touched for the inital post. But the other types of banners weren't refreshing for me in WvW either.

If it happens again, take some screenshots. It's either confusion (because the names are so similar) or it's a bug (because ANet's code is confused, because the names are so similar). If it's the former, you'll be able to more easily compare (or get some other eyes on it to confirm); if it's the latter, you'll be able to show ANet exactly which banners aren't properly refreshing the buff.

I haven't had the problem myself, but maybe that's because I keep refreshing banners as I pass and there are so many mid-week, it's easy not to have to worry about it.

Archived