Superiro rune of Mischief

Deaths.9165

Dear Anet,

look at ur graphs of ur buy and sell of Superior Rune fo Mischief and superior rune of snowfall. U will see that a few ppl stocked thousends of Runes and are selling them one buy one for very high prices. Plz do something about this. Either increase the droprate of thouse items. Or bann thouse guys who ruine the trading post. This is just a game and not a market where they can trade ofof of their Gold and sell them for real life money.

Sincerly a angry player of GW2

i know of ppl personally who got banned for manipulating the tp. Like they do atm with rune of mischief. And it is time that Anet is doing this for rune of mischief and snowfall. Lokk at gw2spidy. U will see that on one day insantly their was sold more then 5k runes. Their are ppl who gather up. They talk wich item is going to be manipulated. And buy hundrets of runes. Each buy himself and alltogether it makes more then 5k runes. And prices jump into the hights. Then they sell one buy one. This way u can buy items for 10 s and sell them for 10g.

The bad part is. They gain Gold not for ingame usage. They sell the gold for realife money.Basicly u buy Gold from them for rl money and buy of from them thouse items they raised the prices.

@Deaths.9165 said:Dear Anet,

look at ur graphs of ur buy and sell of Superior Rune fo Mischief and superior rune of snowfall. U will see that a few ppl stocked thousends of Runes and are selling them one buy one for very high prices. Plz do something about this. Either increase the droprate of thouse items. Or bann thouse guys who ruine the trading post. This is just a game and not a market where they can trade ofof of their Gold and sell them for real life money.

Crafting cost for Superior Rune of Snowfall is over 2 gold and the superior sigil of mischief costs over 8 to craft. Most of this cost is due to the use of Mystic Coins. You can place buy orders for both as a lesser cost than crafting . People aren't going to sell items like this for less than their worth unless the market is so glutted they have no choice. Right now they are are high because the drops come from Wintersday bags. The price will likely fall again when Wintersday comes back.

@MMAI.5892 said:

@"Deaths.9165" said:Dear Anet,

Crafting cost for Superior Rune of Snowfall is over 2 gold and the superior sigil of mischief costs over 8 to craft. Most of this cost is due to the use of Mystic Coins. You can place buy orders for both as a lesser cost than crafting . People aren't going to sell items like this for less than their worth unless the market is so glutted they have no choice. Right now they are are high because the drops come from Wintersday bags. The price will likely fall again when Wintersday comes back.

Not true look at thouse graphs.https://www.gw2spidy.com/item/68436

@Deaths.9165 said:i know of ppl personally who got banned for manipulating the tp. Like they do atm with rune of mischief. And it is time that Anet is doing this for rune of mischief and snowfall. Lokk at gw2spidy. U will see that on one day insantly their was sold more then 5k runes. Their are ppl who gather up. They talk wich item is going to be manipulated. And buy hundrets of runes. Each buy himself and alltogether it makes more then 5k runes. And prices jump into the hights. Then they sell one buy one. This way u can buy items for 10 s and sell them for 10g.

The bad part is. They gain Gold not for ingame usage. They sell the gold for realife money.Basicly u buy Gold from them for rl money and buy of from them thouse items they raised the prices.

unless they get those runes buy duplicating, its not manipulating the tp because they are using it as intended.

And if you have any proof that those players are selling gold for RMT, you should report them as that would be the easiest way to stop them.

@Deaths.9165 said:

Not true look at thouse graphs.

I didn't inherently disagree. Did someone(s) buy them up? Clearly. But that only works because rn the supply is limited by the lack of wintersday farming and that crafting these items takes mystic coins. If the cost to craft were 5s do you think they could sell them for several gold?

@infrequentia.3465 said:i fail to see where the problem is.

unless you are trying to make Winter's presence and want to get it cheap

its now around the crafting price

@infrequentia.3465 said:i fail to see where the problem is.

unless you are trying to make Winter's presence and want to get it cheap

its now around the crafting price

And i see clearly that ppl who say i fail to see where the problem is, unless they are one of the ppl who maipulate the tp. It is just easy. If the suply drops then the crafting matirials will rise as well cause ppl have to craft the supled item. it is a chain reaction.

Two issues, 1. what you are seeing looks like a standard day of any high demand item on the TP; some will be high volume and others low volume but both swing in price - be it a precursor, iron ore or your upgrades. 2. You are not viewing sales numbers you are viewing listings to buy and sell - If I'm looking to buy a volume of any item on the TP let's say iron ore I will put my buy order in at my desired price but may cancel the order if the selling price moves up/down in manner that I don't like - I could switch my buy order 10 times in an afternoon. that's going to look like a sale every time I cancel.

Now before you go twirling/shouting fixer, I don't buy iron ore on the TP. I do buy weapons and armors underpriced for salvage and see massive fluctuation on items every day. My observation is just because you don't like something doesn't make it a bad thing. Take it easy, play the game and try to have fun. GL - Zet

There's zero evidence that the price is being manipulated. 50 of each are needed for a Wintersday collection. An additional sigil is required to unlock each Eggnog helmet, plus a handful are required for legendary collections.

Currently there is only a single viable source for the sigils and none for the rune. The sigil drops from Wintersday Gifts at a rate of about 2 per 10k gifts and the rune doesn't drop from the gifts at all.

Both can also be upgraded from minor versions, using mystic coins. The costs are:

• Superior Runes: 6.2g (of which 6g is from six Mystic Coins)
  • Superior Sigils: 20.6g (of which 20.2g is from twenty Mystic Coins)

People are willing to sell the runes for under 2g, i.e. 33% of the forged costs, despite the fact that there is no way to renew the number of superior runes right now. People are selling the sigils for 7g, which is under 15% of the forged costs (plus there's a source, however small, for new sigils entering the economy).

It's a separate question as to whether the market prices are "reasonable." I argue that they are: these are items that are only needed for super-shiny, collection-related achievements. They aren't used for any core needs. It means that the richest among us are willing to pay a steep premium to others to get their shinies, thus sinking 15% of the gold costs from the economy with each trade.

I won't be mad if ANet decides to add new sources or update the forge recipes so that it takes fewer Mystic Coins (or even balances the two out a bit). But I don't think it's all that important either. (And I say that as someone who sold off 250 sigils when they were priced at 2g each, because I thought that was a great deal ... which it was at the time.)

@"Deaths.9165" said:>The bad part is. They gain Gold not for ingame usage. They sell the gold for realife money.Where is the proof of this happening?Basicly u buy Gold from them for rl money and buy of from them thouse items they raised the prices.No, most people purchase gold through the usual gems-to-gold method. Purchasing from unauthorized vendors is too risky and only a minority do this.

Not that I support the practice because it impacts ANet and game dev funds, but at the end of the day, if some poor sod in an internet cafe in his 3rd world slum wants to make 4-5$ per day farming gold for 16 hours and "manipulating TP", then it doesn't bother me.Also banning people for playing an in-game market for an item which is ultimately just cosmetic is a little harsh. It's not an essential item and is far from game breaking.

Actually they are probably buying them when the price drops for Winter's Presence. Sadly, the drop rate plummeted a few years back with the Wintersday Gift becoming 1 gift instead of having different sizes of gifts.

Sooo... you want to get your "exclusive" winter's presence cheap and easy like any meaningless skin despite it being already cheaper than when it was first introduced? Its barely 900G (sell price), it used to be over 1000 from drinks alone. I do believe they should add a proper non-toilet recipe, but by no means the collection should be worth less than what it is now.

Archived