Pet Progression future system

AEFA.9035

Aren't you all bored of pet ceilings and meta pets? What if I love my black moa!? and want it to be a damage pet instead of this boring supportive pet?! ANET saaaaysss NO cause Moas are supportive by default. if its Feline/Bird type its damage. Devourers worthless pet. Bear/Porcine tank. Im referring to non-beastmode

What if we can train our pets through progression? What do I mean by that? Similar to masteries in game, our pet would gain experience points through exploring, travelling etc and we can distribute stats point allocation when they level up- through core stats only- similar to player level up, pets would still get increase stats by default but with this new system the player can have extra stat points for distribution to specialize their favourite pet! (Stout, Ferocious, Deadly, Versatile, Supportive)

A Devourer could be a Ferocious devourer for example (Power+Ferocity stat distribution)A Lynx could be a Stout Lynx (Toughness+vitality)

Reason

with this type of system all pets will be use no ceiling! This can fix the meta pet selection. You just need to choose which one is your most trusted companion/ favourite pet! At the same time, you will see other Rangers running different type of pet and you would be guessing what type it is. Not the standard tanky bear with the new system they might actually hurt!

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Still doesn't change their damage type.

Devourers still do Condi.Lynxes are still CondiTiger is still powerMoa is still supportive.

You can change their stats all you want, but if you don't change skills to reflect power/Condi/support/tank than this proposal is useless.

Why would you need to change their skills to begin with? pets have auto attack that scales with power and archetype skills that can scale with power/condi, the bleed from rending pounce lynx could just be bonus.

Rending pounce LynxDamage: 1,108 (4.166) power coefficient4.166 power coefficient. THAT. is. HUGE. even thief/mesmer doesnt have a huge power co efficient like that in their weapons correct me if im wrong cause i only had 200 games with thief in my account and less than 100 games with mesmer.

Felines auto attackDamage: 388 (1.458) power coefficient

Devourer auto attackDamage (2x) 332 (1.25) power coefficient

@AEFA.9035 said:

@Lilyanna.9361 said:Still doesn't change their damage type.

Devourers still do Condi.Lynxes are still CondiTiger is still powerMoa is still supportive.

You can change their stats all you want, but if you don't change skills to reflect power/Condi/support/tank than this proposal is useless.

Why would you need to change their skills to begin with? pets have auto attack that scales with power and archetype skills that can scale with power/condi, the bleed from rending pounce lynx could just be bonus.

Rending pounce Lynx
Damage: 1,108 (4.166) power coefficient
power coefficient. THAT. is. HUGE. even thief/mesmer doesnt have a huge power co efficient like that in their weapons correct me if im wrong cause i only had 200 games with thief in my account and less than 100 games with mesmer.

Felines auto attackDamage: 388 (1.458) power coefficient

Devourer auto attack
Damage (2x) 332 (1.25) power coefficient

Mesmers and thieves go beyond that. And with the damage nerfs that pets have gotten over the years, those numbers are probably a bit less. I would have to fully wake up to check but..

There's a reason something like lynx can do high Condi spikes and then panther/tiger do high DPS spikes. Not only their stats, but their overall skills just support a playstyle more.

Moa always fall under support, because their AI runned skills leaned towards that. No matter how much you try, something like smokescale is not going to do Condi damage if you spec it Condi. It's going to CC/tank.

There's is much more to the pets than simply changing their numbers around. You are barely scratching the surface.

Archived