Since ppl got their event like fractal...

zealex.9410

No thanks.Twilight Oasis is one of the best fractals and is very reminiscent of dungeons and how they functioned. One thing I would change in it is add things like in Chaos Fractal - explorable map without 293847298 invisible walls, something for people who like to climb in unintended places. We already have enough of the raid-encounter corridor fractals. These are my least favourite ones.

So to repeat myself, no thanks.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:No, thanks. We need a good mix and 99 + 100 already are too dominant because they are the endgame with their CMs.

They are the only endgane since no more cms and frankly oasis is just not as fun. U want to run around killing adds u got 15 or so fractals that are already that.

And? They are the endgame due to the CMs. And both of them are just boss fractals. We don't need more of them. Interesting fights and mechanics, yes, but not only straight boss fractals.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Vinceman.4572 said:No, thanks. We need a good mix and 99 + 100 already are too dominant because they are the endgame with their CMs.

They are the only endgane since no more cms and frankly oasis is just not as fun. U want to run around killing adds u got 15 or so fractals that are already that.

And? They are the endgame due to the CMs. And both of them are just boss fractals. We don't need more of them. Interesting fights and mechanics, yes, but not only straight boss fractals.

We got what? 3 boss to boss fractals out of the 17 or 18 we got in total? We could use 7 to 10 more boss fractals.

I dont dislike the idea of fractals that would have 2 bosses and then a mid/start event (something like chaos) but 8 mins of running and skiping and 5 mins of actuall fighting, no thanks.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:No thanks.Twilight Oasis is one of the best fractals and is very reminiscent of dungeons and how they functioned. One thing I would change in it is add things like in Chaos Fractal - explorable map without 293847298 invisible walls, something for people who like to climb in unintended places. We already have enough of the raid-encounter corridor fractals. These are my least favourite ones.

So to repeat myself, no thanks.

To repeat myself, we got 3 or so boss to boss fractals out of the 17-18 ones in total. So, yes pls more boss to boss fractals.

And? You yourself said at SO release that you like it but can understand if people don't so it would be ok to have more non-boss fractals in the future. I take your word here. Now you did a turn of 180 degree. Seriously, whatever suits you best, n'est-ce pas?

I stand by mine. SO and Nightmare are ok. I like them and I do them every day in CMs. But boss-only fractals are boring and do not represent the charm of the original fractals. I will never forget that they killed dungeons for fractals so I expect them to hand out dungeon related stuff and not just bosses. Twilight Oasis is fine, although the part till Amala could have been designed a little bit different. Anyways I won't complain about that because my groups don't struggle there and in the end there is a nice boss fight. Fractals like these are the better ones. Cliffside, Dredge, Thaumanova etc. - yes, they are old - but golden.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

Well. If you want an interesting fight, that pretty much means a boss.

P.S. "More non-boss fractals" isn't the same as "only non-boss fractals forever and ever". People who like trash, they got TO and reworked Molten Boss. How about a new boss fractal now?

@"Vinceman.4572" said:And? You yourself said at SO release that you like it but can understand if people don't so it would be ok to have more non-boss fractals in the future. I take your word here. Now you did a turn of 180 degree. Seriously, whatever suits you best, n'est-ce pas?

I stand by mine. SO and Nightmare are ok. I like them and I do them every day in CMs. But boss-only fractals are boring and do not represent the charm of the original fractals. I will never forget that they killed dungeons for fractals so I expect them to hand out dungeon related stuff and not just bosses. Twilight Oasis is fine, although the part till Amala could have been designed a little bit different. Anyways I won't complain about that because my groups don't struggle there and in the end there is a nice boss fight. Fractals like these are the better ones. Cliffside, Dredge, Thaumanova etc. - yes, they are old - but golden.

Nah i stood by that i supported the claims for a none boss fractal and we got that. Im just saying that i would like the next one to be a boss to boss fractal and the one after that can be w/e.I never went on record saying that i prefer dungeon like fractals over the boss ones. Nightmare remains my fave fractal.

Im just saying that going for a year of dungeon like fractals only when the big majority of fractals are like that is not "a good mix"

Subli has gone on record saying that the rewards in dugeons are fine i dont see a problem with doing them. The devs also never said "oh dungeons are dead for your? Dont worry out of the 4 or sk fractals per year 3 of them will be dungeon like fractals.

I dont need 3 boss fractals only i could be fine with a 2 boss one that has a smaller version of the "running around the place" goodness.

you can have nice bosses next to trash mobs /open areas. 2 in 1. i like this balance, it's seen in volcanic, snowblind etc.

i just honestly hate corridor instances, zone has to be expansive for me.if there were also optional npcs with fractal-related dialogue that would be amazing as well. things like optional events (like the ones in arah or ascalon catacombs).i have some expectations - and concepts like the nightmare fractal are very underwhelming. Chaos fractal has a lot of unused environment, it could use some optional lost npcs. Shattered Observatory has an optional section with talking golems, but it's kinda disconnected - i would rather have hints who skorvald/artsariiv are. Twilight Oasis is also lacking in this department - you can try to ask Joko a question but he hurts you and won't tell a thing. But why not add other npcs hidden somewhere with a dialogue?

@Sublimatio.6981 said:you can have nice bosses next to trash mobs /open areas. 2 in 1. i like this balance, it's seen in volcanic, snowblind etc.

i just honestly hate corridor instances, zone has to be expansive for me.if there were also optional npcs with fractal-related dialogue that would be amazing as well. things like optional events (like the ones in arah or ascalon catacombs).i have some expectations - and concepts like the nightmare fractal are very underwhelming. Chaos fractal has a lot of unused environment, it could use some optional lost npcs. Shattered Observatory has an optional section with talking golems, but it's kinda disconnected - i would rather have hints who skorvald/artsariiv are. Twilight Oasis is also lacking in this department - you can try to ask Joko a question but he hurts you and won't tell a thing. But why not add other npcs hidden somewhere with a dialogue?

Just one boss at the end is not much honestly. Fractals also are not supposed to be like dungeons. They are supposed to be more bitesize instances compaired to long drawn out dungeon.

Fractals like volcanic and sbowblind are basically shorter versions of oasis. Thats not what im asking for.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@Sublimatio.6981 said:you can have nice bosses next to trash mobs /open areas. 2 in 1. i like this balance, it's seen in volcanic, snowblind etc.

Except volcanic and snowblind bosses are quite bland and getting to them is needlessly long. See? You can't have one solution for anyone. It's not possible.

U can. Its called a 20-25 min dungeon. I dint think thats what the devs aim for. Id love to have it but alot of casual players wouldnt.

@zealex.9410 said:

Except volcanic and snowblind bosses are quite bland and getting to them is needlessly long. See? You can't have one solution for anyone. It's not possible.

U can. Its called a 20-25 min dungeon. I dint think thats what the devs aim for. Id love to have it but alot of casual players wouldnt.

I can assure you there will still be people unhappy with that. Some will find it too long. Some will find it too short. Some will want more bosses and mechanics, some will want less.

@Feanor.2358 said:

I can assure you there will still be people unhappy with that. Some will find it too long. Some will find it too short. Some will want more bosses and mechanics, some will want less.

Yes deff.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"zealex.9410" said:Fractals also are not supposed to be like dungeons.

Yes, they are. They stopped occupying dungeons and turned their whole focus with 5 man content on fractals. Fractals are dungeons, just of smaller size but in the end they are dungeons.

No they are not. No developer said thay they will be turning fractals into dungeons. Both are 5 man content and thats about where their similarities end.

You might like to believe tbat because "they killed your dungeons" but thats not the case. Fractals are very much their own thing and can be both. Since we have already alot of oasis lile fractals i say its time to take to provides us more boss centric fractals.

@"zealex.9410" said:cant argue with a wall i guess.

Same. I don't see any big difference between them except the length. What's more is that the rewards are different but in most of them - and that counts for dungeons and fractals - you are instanced with 4 other players, fight some easier encounters, work out some mechanics and in the end an (interesting) boss fight. Afterwards you get your rewards. If Anet would have called them "Dungeons 2.0" nobody would have disagreed.

Archived