I get that Anet won't put effort in fixing underwater combat right now, but at least fix the hearts — Guild Wars 2 Forums

I get that Anet won't put effort in fixing underwater combat right now, but at least fix the hearts

Make the underwater hearts take much less time to complete at the very least. At the moment they are absolutely grueling to do because underwater combat is so terrible at the moment. The underwater weapons feel so weak and ineffective, and I can't even use half my skills underwater, yet for some reason all the underwater hearts take the longest amount of time to complete.

Comments

• Rauderi.8706Rauderi.8706 Member ✭✭✭✭

They're not that hard.

Many alts! Handle it!

"A condescending answer might as well not be an answer at all."
    -Eloc Freidon.5692

• Echoherb.6528Echoherb.6528 Member ✭✭✭

I didn't say they were hard, they are long and tedious.

• Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2018

Um . . . no. We start down that path, and it'll never end. Getting vistas is too hard. Getting points of interest are too hard. Etc, etc. Again, no thanks. We already have one nonsense thread asking for an easier path through Hearts.

Let's not have another.

No longer posting or playing.

• I mean, yeah, a lot of the underwater content is a pain, but that's what old-school GW1 targeting skills are for with Tab and C (select next / select nearest, respectively). Otherwise they're nearly all the same fetch / carry / kill quests that every other heart already is, just with a few more degrees of freedom of movement.

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

I don’t remember any underwater hearts being any more tedious that land ones. It helps to keep your underwater weapons up to date.

• Echoherb.6528Echoherb.6528 Member ✭✭✭

I don't want it easier, just less annoying and tedious. Updating water content would go a long way of helping out with that.

• I haven't found any issues with underwater combat. In fact I really enjoy it. Some class skills could use am update to make them work in water but thats it.

• @Echoherb.6528 said:
    they are long and tedious.

They aren't any longer & tedious than many surface hearts and they are less tedious and shorter than some.

I don't think there's any reason for ANet to emphasize rebalancing aquatic hearts over rebalancing hearts in general. And, much as I dislike repeating hearts, I'd rather see ANet rebalance Lake Doric and some PoF hearts first.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.