Tradingpost isn't updating

WeAreTwO.9780

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is getting unbearable. As a person with tons of items having on sell listing and buy order it's almost impossible to keep an overview. Unfortunately I lose way too much time in watching manually in game over these items where I could actually play the game. And this is not because I want it too but because some items i need for crafting legys or others and are just fast undercutted, overbet.

@vampirelazarus.9403 said:The devs have said (about a week or two ago) that it's on their list. So we just need to be patient.

I understand the frustration as well, this is my primary source of gold, but... patience.

Ahhh, I came to ask if anyone had any news on this. I didn't hear that it was on their list - that's good to know.It's been broken for me since the new year (buy/sell listings).Hope they can get it fixed soon.At least I can sit in a chair now while I wait.~TG

@TwoGhosts.6790 said:

@vampirelazarus.9403 said:The devs have said (about a week or two ago) that it's on their list. So we just need to be patient.

I understand the frustration as well, this is my primary source of gold, but... patience.

Ahhh, I came to ask if anyone had any news on this. I didn't hear that it was on their list - that's good to know.It's been broken for me since the new year (buy/sell listings).Hope they can get it fixed soon.At least I can sit in a chair now while I wait.~TG

Yeah, they briefly mentioned it in a post about their lack of communication, and that they were working on a bunch of API bugs at the moment, rather than adding missing stuff.

So, at least they're taking care of stuff

• 3 weeks later...

@Boss Nomad.6487 said:Any updates on when this will be fixed? Buy history is not updating at all and sell history seems to be missing data.

I check the github issue nearly every day. It's now got the radar tag, which means they are investigating, or preparing to investigate.

Edit: It's also been triaged, so its been prioritized and is on some dev's list.

@vampirelazarus.9403 said:

@Boss Nomad.6487 said:Any updates on when this will be fixed? Buy history is not updating at all and sell history seems to be missing data.

I check the github issue nearly every day. It's now got the radar tag, which means they are investigating, or preparing to investigate.

Edit: It's also been triaged, so its been prioritized and is on some dev's list.

Sounds good. Hopefully it does not become a norm that it takes a month+ to fix these issues.

@"vampirelazarus.9403" said:Well, I dont think they have an actual API dev team.Near as I can tell from their most recent update, they don't plan to have an "API team." Instead, they plan to have a group of people with other, primary duties, who collectively are responsible for (a) improving/maintaining uptime for the API and its features and (b) bug fixes and enhancements.

Retasking people and getting them to coordinate (so that someone is responsible) isn't easy in the best of circumstances. And in this case, I'm sure they also need Lawton Campbell to show them the ropes (so they aren't reinventing wheels LC already built or accidentally breaking things because they missed the memo).

tl;dr we'll have to be patient a bit longer (where "a bit" can be defined as "an interminably-long period of time that can't possibly be soon enough for some of us").

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"vampirelazarus.9403" said:Well, I dont think they have an actual API dev team.Near as I can tell from their most recent update, they don't plan to have an "API team." Instead, they plan to have a group of people with other, primary duties, who collectively are responsible for (a) improving/maintaining uptime for the API and its features and (b) bug fixes and enhancements.

Retasking people and getting them to coordinate (so that
someone
is responsible) isn't easy in the best of circumstances. And in this case, I'm sure they also need Lawton Campbell to show them the ropes (so they aren't reinventing wheels LC already built or accidentally breaking things because they missed the memo).

tl;dr we'll have to be patient a bit longer (where "a bit" can be defined as "an interminably-long period of time that can't possibly be soon enough for some of us").

That was my understanding too, good to know I was on the right page.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to do a quick little update here:

I looked at the comments on the Github issue for this particular problem, and took the advice of one of the players.

It appears that if you call the api directly, like in a web browser, and hit refresh a few times (like five times), the buy and sell orders will update. Unfortunately, you have to do this EVERY time you want an update.

This is a workaround, and as another player mentioned, may not work for everyone.

I have written myself a little script that does the above every hour, but I hope that an official fix comes along, and we don't have to rely on shoddy workarounds forever.

edit: A word

Archived