Gear choices for my necro. Primarily WvW, possibly some fractals on the side.

bLind.6278

Hey everyone, I'm considering giving my necro some more play time to balance out my warrior, but I'd like some advice when it comes to adequately gearing myself up for it. Currently, I've got full sets of Berserker exotic armor/weapons, and full ascended berserker/berserker+valkyrie accessories (I have full sets of each, I believe.) I also have a full set of Dire exotic gear, a mix-match of Viper weapons, and a mess of sinister/rampagers accessories. I've got enough blood rubies for two accessories and will need to farm a small bit more for an amulet, and will need to do something about rings, but otherwise have a legendary backpiece, so that's a non-issue.

My WvW guild runs their scourges in full berserker gear and essentially uses us to drop on-demand bombs to blow up out-of-position groups stuck in bubbles, etc. We typically are a small group, 10-20 max. I see that the absolute vast majority of people use necros more for boonrip utility and damage second, but I know that a well played zerker necro can put out as much on-demand burst as a staff ele. Not as consistently, maybe, but still pretty easily.

However, I also like to roam, and full zerker scourge is probably one of the weaker builds for solo/havoc that I've seen. It's surprisingly effective when you have someone else to take the hits, but has no effective means of survival if you get focused (I'm aware that this is a constant issue with necro over the last 4+ years.) I'd also like to dabble in fractals on my necro, as warrior fractals can get pretty tedious when you don't have a healer present for some t3+ fractals. I have 8 Triumphant Armor boxes sitting in my bank, but those don't do me any good for fractals since they're exotic. I do have 2 ascended armor boxes and 2 weapon boxes to play with, too. My warrior has two full sets of ascended gear, so I'm not concerned about saving anything for her, anymore.

Would full Viper's/TB acc for guild/roaming be acceptable, or should I focus more on Vipers accessories with TB exotic pieces so I can still use acc. in fractals eventually, etc.? I enjoy condi necro as a change of pace from power war, but both play almost identically anyway, so that's no big deal.

Suggestions? Tips? Ideas?

Scourge in any build is the weakest, bottom of the barrel, when it comes solo roaming. If you want to solo roam, other classes can do it leagues better. Mirage and thief are at the top of that food pyramid due to the insane mobility and escapes they have available to them. You might even do better as a full zerk/marauder reaper solo roaming. Just don't expect much if you run into any more than 1 person, least of all a thief/mesmer. Good ones will just disengage at the 1st sign of trouble for them then reengage you at more favorable terms for them, and you as a reaper can do next to nothing to stop them from doing that (other than killing them before they get the chance to). For guild roaming, that's more between you and your guild than us. What does your guild want/expect you to do and are you fulfilling it with the build you want to play? If you want to get into fractals, defensive stats are a crutch. Kill the thing in front of you faster than it can kill you, stack on your healer for heals/boons, know the boss' mechanics, know how to not die. Also, I am assuming you're going for t4 fractals, correct?

@bLind.6278 said:My WvW guild runs their scourges in full berserker gear and essentially uses us to drop on-demand bombsI lol´d way too hard at this.Basically depends on what YOU want to play. Viper isnt ideal for wvw especially not for roaming. If you want to roam on nec id suggest u either go zerk or cele/tb scourge on axe or maraud/cav reaper.

Pls. Pls. Pls. Dont play cele.

Maybe it gets good with the next nerf, but right now its nowhere near being good.

For roaming use reaper, it has at least a chance to win against classes like mesmer.But better, dont play necro for solo roaming.

Dont play with two wells, just the boon corrupt one. Its way too easy to get out of them.

Use trailblaizer for max dmg. Mix in some apothecracy for some healpower if needed and if you want to play in a group.

Honestly, Berzerker stuff is probably ok for OP. His guild wants it in WvW and it's good in WvW.

He won't have to swap to other or condition gear for fractals until he hits level 100 and starts doing CMs which takes a lot of time to get to (and a balance patch may have changed things by then). Pugs don't mind necromancers in fractals because they don't die so fast.

Viper Reaper and Scourge have slightly higher DPS than Berserker Reaper, but both won't reach 30k/s which is the standard number for every other class.

Solo Roaming on Scourge is dead. Even Trailblazer Scourges are easy to kill now as after the last two patches they lack burst and their shade skills have huge tells to dodge them. Needles to say that Scourge is still meta in teamfights.

If you plan to Solo Roam on Necro, do it on Reaper

• Berserker - if you like the ultimate risk/reward playstyle and know the mechanics of every other class/spec in the game
  • Marauder or Marauder+Cavalier Trinkets for a good mix of damage and sustain
  • or Trailblazer Procmancer for condi overloads.

Reaper has the most sustain, most burst and most mobility of all Necro specs. This does not mean that Solo Roaming on Reaper is great. It's pretty painful and frustrating.

@Nimon.7840 said:Pls. Pls. Pls. Dont play cele.

Maybe it gets good with the next nerf, but right now its nowhere near being good.

For roaming use reaper, it has at least a chance to win against classes like mesmer.But better, dont play necro for solo roaming.

Dont play with two wells, just the boon corrupt one. Its way too easy to get out of them.

Use trailblaizer for max dmg. Mix in some apothecracy for some healpower if needed and if you want to play in a group.

cele is a REALLY good stat combo on scourge cuz u can run axe on it ...

Reaper is one of the better roaming classes out there atm and beats ALOT of current builds consistently

cele/apo is better than tb/apo IF you want to play barrier scourge at all, but yes tb has higher dmg for havoc/scrimms

@nekretaal.6485 said:Honestly, Berzerker stuff is probably ok for OP. His guild wants it in WvW and it's good in WvW.

He won't have to swap to other or condition gear for fractals until he hits level 100 and starts doing CMs which takes a lot of time to get to (and a balance patch may have changed things by then). Pugs don't mind necromancers in fractals because they don't die so fast.

Do CM's give anything other than AP? I see no reason to ever bother with them given how awful the loot system in GW2 is.

@ZombieSlayeR.8702 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:Pls. Pls. Pls. Dont play cele.

Reaper is one of the better roaming classes out there atm and beats ALOT of current builds consistently

cele/apo is better than tb/apo IF you want to play barrier scourge at all, but yes tb has higher dmg for havoc/scrimms

No it isnt.If you run around in groups, try this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAW7/mE9CO9Cs9ilgBTvu+XDsRJtAQ5a6IsDyBA-jVSDQBF7JAkJ1fEkSQgs/AAuAAC8gAoFlQzT3wEV+AA-w

Most amazing build for real good dmg and good sustain for your group.And yes, i tested cele for a long period of time.But this just works so much better. For me and for all the people i gave this build to (most of them ran cele before)

@Nimon.7840 said:

Most amazing build for real good dmg and good sustain for your group.And yes, i tested cele for a long period of time.But this just works so much better. For me and for all the people i gave this build to (most of them ran cele before)

Sry but that build is just bad .... no sr is almost unplayable, terror is shit and parasitic isnt ideal either ... also rune of the undead is rly weak.

@ZombieSlayeR.8702 said:

Sry but that build is just bad .... no sr is almost unplayable, terror is kitten and parasitic isnt ideal either ... also rune of the undead is rly weak.

Seems like you dont have any clue bout necromancer :disappointed:

Terror is awesome for condispikes. And as im using f4 as often as i can to support my group, its a nice extra. Sure you could take the corrupt instead.

Parasitic is the best choice to selfsustain, and you will need it, if there are good opponents. They will always focus you.Weakening shroud is just bad, because you need to be close at the opponent to hit it (240 range around you). If you could guarantee the hit, that might be the better choice here. But there are so many thiefes, rangers and mesmers in roaming, you wont even hit them once with that thing.And the better conditions isnt worth taking. Too many condicleanses.

Rune of the undead is nice. An offensive and defensive rune at once. Maybe there is something better, im already looking for better options. But as it is right now, i didnt find a better one. And im testing a rune minimum of 2 hours to say, if its better or not.

And you dont need soulreaping. But you can switch curses for soulreaping.

Then you loose a condicleanse, some condidmg, an awesome spike from up to 1800 feardmg, some critchance and if you take it, the corrupt.And you get: some burning, better cooldowns, lifeforce and passive protection.

And to clearyfy. This is not a zerg build. That is just one of the best build for smallscale (5-10people)

Even in 1v1s against other scourges, this is pretty good. You heal pretty much, and dont just have the barriers, that can stalled out.

@Nimon.7840 said:Terror is awesome for condispikes. And as im using f4 as often as i can to support my group, its a nice extra. Sure you could take the corrupt instead.That basically sums up the main problem ur build has .... u are trying to spike people with terror while supporting on transfusion.Both of these builds work on sr for the shroud cd reduction. Barrier Scourge is pretty useless without vital and besides dhuum would increase dps way more than terror ...

Parasitic is the best choice to selfsustain, and you will need it, if there are good opponents. They will always focus you.Weakening shroud is just bad, because you need to be close at the opponent to hit it (240 range around you). If you could guarantee the hit, that might be the better choice here.Not really, the weakness spam on crits can benefit ur party and urself more than parasitic, but then again ur build has way too much toughness/too little critRune of the undead is nice. An offensive and defensive rune at once. Maybe there is something better, im already looking for better options. But as it is right now, i didnt find a better one. And im testing a rune minimum of 2 hours to say, if its better or not.And you dont need soulreaping. But you can switch curses for soulreaping.Then you loose a condicleanse, some condidmg, an awesome spike from up to 1800 feardmg, some critchance and if you take it, the corrupt.And you get: some burning, better cooldowns, lifeforce and passive protection.And to clearyfy. This is not a zerg build. That is just one of the best build for smallscale (5-10people)In general, a cele/apo build even on mercy runes would outdps that while greatly increasing party support on 400 more healing power.TB on bm just makes no sense at all

@Nimon.7840 said:Seems like you dont have any clue bout necromancer :disappointed:Nef is probably the best necro I know, and he absolutely has a point regarding your build.Terror is awesome for condispikes. And as im using f4 as often as i can to support my group, its a nice extra. Sure you could take the corrupt instead.I mean, yeah the extra damaging condi damage could be nice but honestly, I wouldn't advise taking curses over soul reaping because scourge already struggles to generate lifeforce, and soul marks is very helpful for that, as well as the unblockable marks.Parasitic is the best choice to selfsustain, and you will need it, if there are good opponents. They will always focus you.Weakening shroud is just bad, because you need to be close at the opponent to hit it (240 range around you). If you could guarantee the hit, that might be the better choice here. But there are so many thiefes, rangers and mesmers in roaming, you wont even hit them once with that thing.Parasitic is ok I think, but if you're hardfocused it probably won't save you, unfortunately.And you dont need soulreaping. But you can switch curses for soulreaping.Soul Reaping is like the bread to necro's butter. Soul Reaping is bae.And to clearyfy. This is not a zerg build. That is just one of the best build for smallscale (5-10people)Even in 1v1s against other scourges, this is pretty good. You heal pretty much, and dont just have the barriers, that can stalled out.I actually tried a build similar to this a while ago, with around 700 healing power and condi damage. In all honesty, it was pretty bad haha. Your healing with transfusion is pretty negligible at 700 healing power. Currently for my WvW guild I just run full support (blood magic and soul reaping), because I don't think there's a way to hybridize condi damage and healing on necro, since you need so much healing power to make a difference. Looking at the stats you chose, I'd probably recommend dropping some trailblazer and getting more healing power, because at this rate you really may as well just go full trailblazer dps.

There are several ways to play WvW effectively. Do not worry too much about changing equipment until you have gold to spend on min-max experiments. Not being caught out of position and turned into loot is far more effective for your team so old builds like staff and wells on any equipment is fine.

@NekoNoKoi.9137 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Seems like you dont have any clue bout necromancer :disappointed:Nef is probably the best necro I know, and he absolutely has a point regarding your build.Terror is awesome for condispikes. And as im using f4 as often as i can to support my group, its a nice extra. Sure you could take the corrupt instead.I mean, yeah the extra damaging condi damage could be nice but honestly, I wouldn't advise taking curses over soul reaping because scourge already struggles to generate lifeforce, and soul marks is very helpful for that, as well as the unblockable marks.Parasitic is the best choice to selfsustain, and you will need it, if there are good opponents. They will always focus you.Weakening shroud is just bad, because you need to be close at the opponent to hit it (240 range around you). If you could guarantee the hit, that might be the better choice here. But there are so many thiefes, rangers and mesmers in roaming, you wont even hit them once with that thing.Parasitic is ok I think, but if you're hardfocused it probably won't save you, unfortunately.And you dont need soulreaping. But you can switch curses for soulreaping.Soul Reaping is like the bread to necro's butter. Soul Reaping is bae.And to clearyfy. This is not a zerg build. That is just one of the best build for smallscale (5-10people)Even in 1v1s against other scourges, this is pretty good. You heal pretty much, and dont just have the barriers, that can stalled out.I actually tried a build similar to this a while ago, with around 700 healing power and condi damage. In all honesty, it was pretty bad haha. Your healing with transfusion is pretty negligible at 700 healing power. Currently for my WvW guild I just run full support (blood magic and soul reaping), because I don't think there's a way to hybridize condi damage and healing on necro, since you need so much healing power to make a difference. Looking at the stats you chose, I'd probably recommend dropping some trailblazer and getting more healing power, because at this rate you really may as well just go full trailblazer dps.

So you didnt look into the build. You will be at 1k healpower.And no. Sr isnt needed. Sure if you are a braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time, this build isnt good. But if you are a smart player, you wont need it.

You get aroung 650 healticks from transfusion. + extra barrier values. This build is only for smallscale with up to 10 people.

If you are smart and more than that, play cele.

And if you are more than 20 or maybe 30 go trailblaizer.There has to be enough healing in such a big group and you will definetly need the extra vitality and toughness and there arw usually enough scourges around to give the group a good barrier coverage.

And with the cele and trailblaizer you will also go sr instead of bm. Also not go for terror, there is to much stability around (for cele and trailblaizer build).

And to add. Most players usually stay on staff most of the time. So, anything other than parasitic is a wasted trait slot. If you are smart and constantly switch between weapons, take the szepter buffing one.

Yeah. Maybe he was the best. But now you know me :D :D :D

@"Nimon.7840" said:So you didnt look into the build. You will be at 1k healpower.So I looked at it again because I couldn't quite fathom where you were getting 1k healing power from with those stats. Without BM, you have a base healing power of 612, according to the build editor link you posted. With BM, you have 762 whilst above 75% health. You only reach 1062 healing power if you're below 50% health. I'm sure we can both agree that relying on being under 50% hp to reach a somewhat decent amount of healing power is not particularly sustainable, and does not make for a strong build.Obviously with 25 Life stacks you'll have a base healing power of 1012 at >75% hp, and this is (roughly) the amount of healing power at which you'll start to actually make a difference. However, once again I'd reiterate that relying on stacks or hp-related traits isn't the hallmark of a good build, especially since stacks are so easily lost.

And no. Sr isnt needed. Sure if you are a braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time, this build isnt good. But if you are a smart player, you wont need it.SR is your personal sustain, your LF generation, your unblockable marks. I'm curious about how SR is only for "braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time".You get aroung 650 healticks from transfusion. + extra barrier values. This build is only for smallscale with up to 10 people.Even with 25 stacks, you get ticks of 596 at >75% hp. Once again, you shouldn't rely on being at half health to heal more. Your base stats are too focused on damage and you do not have enough healing power for it to be worth it.There has to be enough healing in such a big group and you will definetly need the extra vitality and toughness and there arw usually enough scourges around to give the group a good barrier coverage.Oh, another point - I think you may have too much toughness, but that may be due to personal preference, so I'll leave it at that.And with the cele and trailblaizer you will also go sr instead of bm. Also not go for terror, there is to much stability around (for cele and trailblaizer build).I don't think you normally would take terror regardless. You have staff 5 on a 32s CD and F4. Staff 5 is hardly spammable due to its CD and may be blocked, since you're not taking SR. You also have F4 on a 15s CD, so a bit more spammable, but it's also your main group healing skill/transfusion port res so if you spam it off CD you're going to not only run out of life force, but potentially not have it off CD when you really need to port someone out of bubble or whatever and res.And to add. Most players usually stay on staff most of the time. So, anything other than parasitic is a wasted trait slot. If you are smart and constantly switch between weapons, take the szepter buffing one.Taking curses on what is meant to be a support build is a wasted trait slot, like I said already.Yeah. Maybe he was the best. But now you know me :D :D :Doshit nef you just got tyrannosaurus rekt :joy:

@NekoNoKoi.9137 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:So you didnt look into the build. You will be at 1k healpower.So I looked at it again because I couldn't quite fathom where you were getting 1k healing power from with those stats. Without BM, you have a base healing power of 612, according to the build editor link you posted. With BM, you have 762 whilst above 75% health. You only reach 1062 healing power if you're below 50% health. I'm sure we can both agree that relying on being under 50% hp to reach a somewhat decent amount of healing power is not particularly sustainable, and does not make for a strong build.Obviously with 25 Life stacks you'll have a base healing power of 1012 at >75% hp, and this is (roughly) the amount of healing power at which you'll start to actually make a difference. However, once again I'd reiterate that relying on stacks or hp-related traits isn't the hallmark of a good build, especially since stacks are so easily lost.

And you can gain them pretty easily. No point for you sir.

And no. Sr isnt needed. Sure if you are a braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time, this build isnt good. But if you are a smart player, you wont need it.SR is your personal sustain, your LF generation, your unblockable marks. I'm curious about how SR is only for "braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time".

If you are playing in a group, there will also be some sustain from other players. And i get selfsustain from curses. So i still dont need it.

You get aroung 650 healticks from transfusion. + extra barrier values. This build is only for smallscale with up to 10 people.Even with 25 stacks, you get ticks of 596 at >75% hp. Once again, you shouldn't rely on being at half health to heal more. Your base stats are too focused on damage and you do not have enough healing power for it to be worth it.

So you tried that build? You will always get 610 or more with full stacks. If you are below the threshhold i managed to do almost 700 ticks. And thats not just from watching the editor. Its from playing the build

There has to be enough healing in such a big group and you will definetly need the extra vitality and toughness and there arw usually enough scourges around to give the group a good barrier coverage.Oh, another point - I think you may have too much toughness, but that may be due to personal preference, so I'll leave it at that.

Yeah that might be.

And with the cele and trailblaizer you will also go sr instead of bm. Also not go for terror, there is to much stability around (for cele and trailblaizer build).I don't think you normally would take terror regardless. You have staff 5 on a 32s CD and F4. Staff 5 is hardly spammable due to its CD and may be blocked, since you're not taking SR. You also have F4 on a 15s CD, so a bit more spammable, but it's also your main group healing skill/transfusion port res so if you spam it off CD you're going to not only run out of life force, but potentially not have it off CD when you really need to port someone out of bubble or whatever and res.

Oh its pretty good, if you want to rez a player, that is about to get stomped or pressured hard, just press f4 to get rid of enemy players and get an ez rez.And yes, if you spam f-abilities like an idiot, this build truely isnt the build for you. But with a bit of brain, and management, you still wont have that much lf issues.

And to add. Most players usually stay on staff most of the time. So, anything other than parasitic is a wasted trait slot. If you are smart and constantly switch between weapons, take the szepter buffing one.Taking curses on what is meant to be a support build is a wasted trait slot, like I said already.

No not really, it adds better selfsustain than sr does. Does sr have a consicleanse? Does it have healing? It has lf generation and every now and then protection, bit thats it.

Yeah. Maybe he was the best. But now you know me :D :D :Doshit nef you just got tyrannosaurus rekt :joy:

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"NekoNoKoi.9137" said:So I looked at it again because I couldn't quite fathom where you were getting 1k healing power from with those stats. Without BM, you have a base healing power of 612, according to the build editor link you posted. With BM, you have 762 whilst above 75% health.
You only reach 1062 healing power if you're below 50% health
. I'm sure we can both agree that
relying on being under 50% hp to reach a somewhat decent amount of healing power is not particularly sustainable, and does not make for a strong build.
Obviously with 25 Life stacks you'll have a base healing power of 1012 at >75% hp, and this is (roughly) the amount of healing power at which you'll start to actually make a difference. However, once again I'd reiterate that relying on stacks or hp-related traits isn't the hallmark of a good build, especially since stacks are so easily lost.

And you can gain them pretty easily. No point for you sir.I like how, out of everything I wrote, you
completely
ignore the crux of the issue and instead focus on whether its easy to get stacks or not. Once again, for your benefit:
  • You only reach 1062 healing power if you're below 50% health
  • Relying on being under 50% hp to reach a somewhat decent amount of healing power is not particularly sustainable, and does not make for a strong build.
  • Even with 25 stacks, you get ticks of 596 at >75% hp. Once again, you shouldn't rely on being at half health to heal more.

And no. Sr isnt needed. Sure if you are a braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time, this build isnt good. But if you are a smart player, you wont need it.SR is your personal sustain, your LF generation, your unblockable marks. I'm curious about how SR is only for "braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time".If you are playing in a group, there will also be some sustain from other players. And i get selfsustain from curses. So i still dont need it.Once again, you address a 1/3 of my point. SR provides more sustain than the small bit of healing Parasitic Contagion gives you because it helps give LF, it increases vitality, it reduces shroud skill CDs and also makes marks unblockable. You also have a DPS boost with Dhuumfire.You get aroung 650 healticks from transfusion. + extra barrier values. This build is only for smallscale with up to 10 people.Even with 25 stacks, you get ticks of 596 at >75% hp. Once again, you shouldn't rely on being at half health to heal more. Your base stats are too focused on damage and you do not have enough healing power for it to be worth it.

So you tried that build? You will always get 610 or more with full stacks. If you are below the threshhold i managed to do almost 700 ticks. And thats not just from watching the editor. Its from playing the build

I think I said already that I know from my own experience in playing a similar stat combo that this build is not good. You shouldn't be arguing for a build which relies on 50% health and stacks in order to be effective. This build is far too circumstantial and you may as well go DPS with the tb gear.

And with the cele and trailblaizer you will also go sr instead of bm. Also not go for terror, there is to much stability around (for cele and trailblaizer build).I don't think you normally would take terror regardless. You have staff 5 on a 32s CD and F4. Staff 5 is hardly spammable due to its CD and may be blocked, since you're not taking SR. You also have F4 on a 15s CD, so a bit more spammable, but it's also your main group healing skill/transfusion port res so if you spam it off CD you're going to not only run out of life force, but potentially not have it off CD when you really need to port someone out of bubble or whatever and res.

Oh its pretty good, if you want to rez a player, that is about to get stomped or pressured hard, just press f4 to get rid of enemy players and get an ez rez.And yes, if you spam f-abilities like an idiot, this build truely isnt the build for you. But with a bit of brain, and management, you still wont have that much lf issues.My point was that terror is kind of waste on whats meant to be a support build (and curses also), but your reply isn't related to that. Again - don't take terror.

And to add. Most players usually stay on staff most of the time. So, anything other than parasitic is a wasted trait slot. If you are smart and constantly switch between weapons, take the szepter buffing one.Taking curses on what is meant to be a support build is a wasted trait slot, like I said already.

No not really, it adds better selfsustain than sr does. Does sr have a consicleanse? Does it have healing? It has lf generation and every now and then protection, bit thats it.

I already addressed this.

@NekoNoKoi.9137 said:

@NekoNoKoi.9137 said:So I looked at it again because I couldn't quite fathom where you were getting 1k healing power from with those stats. Without BM, you have a base healing power of 612, according to the build editor link you posted. With BM, you have 762 whilst above 75% health.
You only reach 1062 healing power if you're below 50% health
. I'm sure we can both agree that
relying on being under 50% hp to reach a somewhat decent amount of healing power is not particularly sustainable, and does not make for a strong build.
Obviously with 25 Life stacks you'll have a base healing power of 1012 at >75% hp, and this is (roughly) the amount of healing power at which you'll start to actually make a difference. However, once again I'd reiterate that relying on stacks or hp-related traits isn't the hallmark of a good build, especially since stacks are so easily lost.

And you can gain them pretty easily. No point for you sir.I like how, out of everything I wrote, you
completely
ignore the crux of the issue and instead focus on whether its easy to get stacks or not. Once again, for your benefit:
  • You only reach 1062 healing power if you're below 50% health
  • Relying on being under 50% hp to reach a somewhat decent amount of healing power is not particularly sustainable, and does not make for a strong build.
  • Even with 25 stacks, you get ticks of 596 at >75% hp. Once again, you shouldn't rely on being at half health to heal more.

And no. Sr isnt needed. Sure if you are a braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time, this build isnt good. But if you are a smart player, you wont need it.SR is your personal sustain, your LF generation, your unblockable marks. I'm curious about how SR is only for "braindead player, who wants to faceroll all the time".If you are playing in a group, there will also be some sustain from other players. And i get selfsustain from curses. So i still dont need it.Once again, you address a 1/3 of my point. SR provides more sustain than the small bit of healing Parasitic Contagion gives you because it helps give LF, it increases vitality, it reduces shroud skill CDs and also makes marks unblockable. You also have a DPS boost with Dhuumfire.

No i adress the whole point, you just dont understand it, and you are not even willing to do so. So i guess that doesnt make sense to discuss that build with you.And once again. Lf isnt an issue if you are playing this build right.And a little bit higher cooldowns arent the issue as well. And thats only 1.8k health more, thats not even a half autoattack.Dhumfire is nice. But you get the same or even better dmg from curses. Making marks unblockable isnt sustain, thats dmg.But its also not needed.

You get aroung 650 healticks from transfusion. + extra barrier values. This build is only for smallscale with up to 10 people.Even with 25 stacks, you get ticks of 596 at >75% hp. Once again, you shouldn't rely on being at half health to heal more. Your base stats are too focused on damage and you do not have enough healing power for it to be worth it.

Nope. Guess you have some wrong information here. Maybe you should try to build and play this build. You will definetly get more than 600 healing at full stacks. Also stacks are easy obtainable, so they arent a bad choice.

I think I said already that I know from my own experience in playing a similar stat combo that this build is not good. You shouldn't be arguing for a build which relies on 50% health and stacks in order to be effective. This build is far too circumstantial and you may as well go DPS with the tb gear.

It doesnt rely on 50% health. But in wvw, you wont be at full health all the time.

Oh its pretty good, if you want to rez a player, that is about to get stomped or pressured hard, just press f4 to get rid of enemy players and get an ez rez.And yes, if you spam f-abilities like an idiot, this build truely isnt the build for you. But with a bit of brain, and management, you still wont have that much lf issues.My point was that terror is kind of waste on whats meant to be a support build (and curses also), but your reply isn't related to that. Again - don't take terror.

Its a pretty good dmg source, sometimes even better than corrupting a shitty boon into weakness or something else that does no dmg.

Lol. Its not supposed to be a support only build. You didnt understand the purpose of it. It also has a decent killing power.

I already addressed this.

So i will stop discussing that with you. You are in your own little world called "but someone i know told me that my build is the best"Not even trying out own builds. Like i did. 100thousand times.

So if you dont want to play it good. Dont do it. But let other players get their own expierence with this build and kick your ass in any scourge 1v1 situation.

@ZombieSlayeR.8702 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:lOl. iTs nOt SuPpOsEd tO Be A SuPpOrT OnLy BuIlD

Aite TL;DR Your build is bad and you should feel bad.kthxbye

No its not. Its great. With the upcoming patch that build will be deleted. Yes. But right now its pretty strong.Even though i play zerker scourge right now. Way more fun to oneshot people xD.

But if i went back to smallscale roaming, k would definetly go back to this build.

And since you arent suggesting a better build... well that says everything about you, that has to be said

Archived