In game boss timers?

Echoherb.6528

I was thinking a cool idea for the game would be to have a menu with boss timers with the nearest waypoint location, so people wouldn't need to keep checking the wiki. It could maybe even be a mastery unlock. Not saying it's a big deal checking the wiki, but integrating it within the game would be more convenient.

@"Blude.6812" said:There are so many options other than the wiki that the devs really don't need to spend time on this. Alt-Tab to a timer is no big deal.

It's more than passing strange that the game offers so much content that's on a set schedule without any way, from inside the game, to see that schedule. Yes, there are very, very robust tools out there that offer alternatives. And yes, the devs "don't need" to spend time on this; the game runs fine without it. Still, I think the game — and the community — would be better off with some of these tools in the game.

I'm sure ANet's considered using _CoherentUI (the 3rd party, in-game browser used by GW2) to display Wiki pages, such as the timer and a bestiary. I'd love to hear from them as to why they chose not to do that. Would it affect TP responsiveness? Is it a potential cause for latency? Are they worried about such pages being hijacked? Is it something less obvious?

@Echoherb.6528 said:

@Blude.6812 said:There are so many options other than the wiki that the devs really don't need to spend time on this. Alt-Tab to a timer is no big deal.

I said I didn't think it was a big deal, but having it in game would be much more convenient. And seriously, I don't see why you would even be against this.

more screen clutter, unless there is an option to turn it off. Waste of dev time for something that is available when there are many other things that devs have and need to do. As you said, it isn't big deal --so just alt tab or get an app and have it running on your tablet or phone, if you have multiple monitors you can always have a timer or map or anything for the game within your view. So many options.

@Blude.6812 said:

@Blude.6812 said:There are so many options other than the wiki that the devs really don't need to spend time on this. Alt-Tab to a timer is no big deal.

I said I didn't think it was a big deal, but having it in game would be much more convenient. And seriously, I don't see why you would even be against this.

more screen clutter, unless there is an option to turn it off. Waste of dev time for something that is available when there are many other things that devs have and need to do. As you said, it isn't big deal --so just alt tab or get an app and have it running on your tablet or phone, if you have multiple monitors you can always have a timer or map or anything for the game within your view. So many options.

Oh please, just sounds like you're looking for reasons to argue. This would be a quality of life improvement that would benefit everybody. Also not every wants to load or use overlays while playing.

Archived