In game boss timers? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

In game boss timers?

Echoherb.6528Echoherb.6528 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 27, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I was thinking a cool idea for the game would be to have a menu with boss timers with the nearest waypoint location, so people wouldn't need to keep checking the wiki. It could maybe even be a mastery unlock. Not saying it's a big deal checking the wiki, but integrating it within the game would be more convenient.

Comments

• FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yaas! Please!

• Would be the best thing ever!

• Taco does this.
    /Wiki event timers as well

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭

There are so many options other than the wiki that the devs really don't need to spend time on this. Alt-Tab to a timer is no big deal.

• Ardid.7203Ardid.7203 Member ✭✭✭✭

I would love to just know when my map is day or night....

• Echoherb.6528Echoherb.6528 Member ✭✭✭

@Blude.6812 said:
    There are so many options other than the wiki that the devs really don't need to spend time on this. Alt-Tab to a timer is no big deal.

I said I didn't think it was a big deal, but having it in game would be much more convenient. And seriously, I don't see why you would even be against this.

• Blude.6812Blude.6812 Member ✭✭✭

@Echoherb.6528 said:

@Blude.6812 said:

I said I didn't think it was a big deal, but having it in game would be much more convenient. And seriously, I don't see why you would even be against this.

more screen clutter, unless there is an option to turn it off. Waste of dev time for something that is available when there are many other things that devs have and need to do. As you said, it isn't big deal --so just alt tab or get an app and have it running on your tablet or phone, if you have multiple monitors you can always have a timer or map or anything for the game within your view. So many options.

• Dirk Jan.9534Dirk Jan.9534 Member ✭✭
    edited February 27, 2018

Pretty sure Overwolf has an overlay for worldbosses.

Edit; it does, and a lot more.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Overwolf

• Echoherb.6528Echoherb.6528 Member ✭✭✭

@Blude.6812 said:

@Echoherb.6528 said:

@Blude.6812 said:

more screen clutter, unless there is an option to turn it off. Waste of dev time for something that is available when there are many other things that devs have and need to do. As you said, it isn't big deal --so just alt tab or get an app and have it running on your tablet or phone, if you have multiple monitors you can always have a timer or map or anything for the game within your view. So many options.

Oh please, just sounds like you're looking for reasons to argue. This would be a quality of life improvement that would benefit everybody. Also not every wants to load or use overlays while playing.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.