[PvE] Farming Build?

Uon.7491

'Ello Engineers! I've been wondering if somebody would be so kind to help me with a build for farming.

Now I will admit, I know very little about the Engineer class, but I've seen many use them in the Silverwastes. However, I'll make it clear now I do NOT want to AFK farm.I would really love to use Turrets and ranged weapons so that I can keep mobile, but beyond that I've not a clue.

Turrets aren't the best to keep mobile (They are useless for almost everything, to be honest). For basic farming (farming mobs, I mean, not just nodes) I recommend to use Flamethrower, it tags a lot of mobs and require you to keep moving all the time. Also tools line with streamlined kits, so you have perma-swiftness even in combat. The rest is not even that relevant. Probably Holosmith, to have better DPS and kill things faster, and/or any source of Stability to avoid being CCed by anoying mobs (Juggernaut, Crystal Configuration: Eclipse, Final Salvo, etc.).Rifle is great for mobility, also rocket boots.

• 2 weeks later...

Much better, because you can direct every one of its 10 AA hits, while moving, kiting or chasing stuff, and through obstacles, without needing to manually place a ground target.Technically (In a laboratory-perfect situation) you could tag 30 objectives in a line and behind a wall every 2,5 seconds with just one button click (and moving).With AA nades (In its own laboratory perfect-situation) you'll get at most 15 targets, without cover, and executing 3 ground target activations (6 clicks), in 3 seconds.

So, if you only want to tag mobs... FT is king.

On the contrary, if the enemy has retaliation, FT is you dead...

Archived