Tournament Updates how far or how close @anet

zoopop.5630

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065

wanted to know how far or close are we from getting these swizz tournament style and instant refresh on tournaments Once it's over?

Been looking forward to this update and i strongly believe this would make teaming with 4 other players a lot more fun/give us a purpose to play together. Looking for any info on the subject :D

• ArenaNet Staff

@zoopop.5630 said:@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065"

wanted to know how far or close are we from getting these swizz tournament style and instant refresh on tournaments Once it's over?

Been looking forward to this update and i strongly believe this would make teaming with 4 other players a lot more fun/give us a purpose to play together. Looking for any info on the subject :D

We're still a ways out for swiss. We've got a lot of server stuff finished, but swiss tournaments will need a lot of new UI, which makes things take a lot longer.

We are closer on getting the "on demand" tournaments going though.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

We're still a ways out for swiss. We've got a lot of server stuff finished, but swiss tournaments will need a lot of new UI, which makes things take a lot longer.

what's the "on demand" tournaments you speak off? can you explain a bit more?

@zoopop.5630 said:

They’re like teamque with less chance of dying, they are always available again once finished and stary when enough teams join, giving a few minutes for more teams to join.If you want source I’m a little lazy but its in one of my posts they replied to.

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

They’re like teamque with less chance of dying, they are always available again once finished and stary when enough teams join, giving a few minutes for more teams to join.If you want source I’m a little lazy but its in one of my posts they replied to.

well that would be flipping great if you ask me, exactly what i want / need from this game at the moment. I been on and off from the forums due to many complains about everything.

If we can get a time for when they'll be able to do this it'll be great.

• ArenaNet Staff

@zoopop.5630 said:

well that would be flipping great if you ask me, exactly what i want / need from this game at the moment. I been on and off from the forums due to many complains about everything.

No exact time, sadly as the code is still being worked on as we speak. But since it doesn't need much, if any, new UI, it shouldn't take as long.We're also still trying to decide rewards. Since it makes tournaments farmable, they can't be nearly as good as the scheduled dailies.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

No exact time, sadly as the code is still being worked on as we speak. But since it doesn't need much, if any, new UI, it shouldn't take as long.We're also still trying to decide rewards. Since it makes tournaments farmable, they can't be nearly as good as the scheduled dailies.

Good Point, I would suggest capping the gap HOW often you can win to obtain a great reward and what not. However im very excited and happy to see this wont take long i'll give it till the start of the next season to expect to see this out :).

Archived