ArenaNet - Thanks for the communications

Ghos.1326

I just want to say, that these last few weeks, with all of the communication you all have been doing with your community is very much appreciated. I can not speak for others, but it is sparking an interest in the game that I never thought I had. I appreciate you all, and I want to thank you all for what you do. Keep this up, really. It might seem real hectic at times, and often times stressful, but hidden among all that stress is good constructive feedback from players who not only love the game, but want to see it grow and flourish for many more years to come. Keep up the good work!

I couldn't agree more. Their marketing team is engaging with us, they're taking time out to talk with PvP and WvW players to implement improvements, they're showing us balance notes and consulting us - they're truly valuing what we have to say. I find their approach incredibly refreshing and it has made me feel more confident and optimistic about this game.

• ArenaNet Staff

Thank you all for your positive comments. We love talking with you, but more importantly, we like listening to what you have to say, and you can count on that always.

I'm super happy to see so many meaningful threads by the devs, on a lot of very valuable topics! I've been contemplating how the heck I can bake Triple Chocolate Brownies of Death for the entire Dev Team. :D

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Thank you all for your positive comments. We love talking with you, but more importantly, we like listening to what you have to say, and you can count on that always.

I'm super happy to see so many meaningful threads by the devs, on a lot of very valuable topics! I've been contemplating how the heck I can bake Triple Chocolate Brownies of Death for the entire Dev Team. :D

I think your whole team of employees seriously deserves a company outing, get some drinks, celebrate and make toasts to wonderful positive changes, let loose a bit and enjoy your guys' times.

I also want to thank the moderator who just edited the thread title from "ArenaNet" clickbait BS to an actual thread name! So I can stop reporting those threads which always felt bad, but having 5 clickbaits on the front page throwing around sentence fragments made me mad for real every day :D

Back to topic: I am very happy with the communication, because of some insights. Of course, nothing will actually change, because no sane company would change back and forth in their plans and roadmaps just because of a vocal minority, but unlike RIOT, the responses here are not just some PR nonsense but feels like someone sat down and felt the need to explain a game-related thing. The marketing thread for example was kind of weird because of the very topic itself, but on the other hand, it's the first video game developer/publisher that want to talk about things that for once do not belong to balance and whatnot.

Now we just need these DEV AMA chat thingies that were us promised...

Excelsior.

I will generally join in this celebration of communication, although a black mark exists over the weekend outage for UK players which had very little comms to keep us in the loop which was saddening and disappointing.

Otherwise it has been great to see improved comms through the rest of the game and wih various developers across all game modes

@Ghos.1326 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Thank you all for your positive comments. We love talking with you, but more importantly, we like listening to what you have to say, and you can count on that always.

I think your whole team of employees seriously deserves a company outing, get some drinks, celebrate and make toasts to wonderful positive changes, let loose a bit and enjoy your guys' times.

But but then we wont get our updates on time =)

@Randulf.7614 said:I will generally join in this celebration of communication, although a black mark exists over the weekend outage for UK players which had very little comms to keep us in the loop which was saddening and disappointing.

Otherwise it has been great to see improved comms through the rest of the game and wih various developers across all game modes

I believe they were updating on that on twitter.

The improved communication is brilliant, it's exactly what we've been asking for years. A lot of player frustration, especially at balance patches, is the seemingly arbitrary, sometimes bizarre changes to class skills. Of the top of my head, the added power given to Rocket Boots when the damage portion of the skill was the absolute last concern about it, while literally dozens of other skills, traits and bugs which needed attention were ignored. Getting explanations of the reasons for changes, the direction that devs are aiming for seriously alleviates player anxiety.

So yes, many thanks. We felt like were being ignored and now that's lifted somewhat. Frankly, I can't image how the recent changes and overhauls, such as phantasms, would have been received had there not been dev discussion on the subject. I imagine it would not have been pretty.

@zealex.9410 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I will generally join in this celebration of communication, although a black mark exists over the weekend outage for UK players which had very little comms to keep us in the loop which was saddening and disappointing.

I believe they were updating on that on twitter.

Only a quick update then nothing for 48+ hours and no confirmation after that it was fixed. I'm not going to derail the thread with this though, but the comms was very poor over this incident given the last time it happened they were all over it on a weekend.

But the improvement on the forums has been huge - that can be seen through the wvw, pvp, fractal forums and the forthcoming Q&A sessions they are trying to fit in. Even the marketing team have been more involved which is great.

Archived