ArenaNet - Thanks for the communications — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ArenaNet - Thanks for the communications

Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭
edited February 27, 2018 in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

I just want to say, that these last few weeks, with all of the communication you all have been doing with your community is very much appreciated. I can not speak for others, but it is sparking an interest in the game that I never thought I had. I appreciate you all, and I want to thank you all for what you do. Keep this up, really. It might seem real hectic at times, and often times stressful, but hidden among all that stress is good constructive feedback from players who not only love the game, but want to see it grow and flourish for many more years to come. Keep up the good work!

The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

Tagged:

Comments

  • Kako.1930Kako.1930 Member ✭✭✭

    Yes, the communication is hugely appreciated. Thank you so much for breaking the silence!

  • Ghos.1326Ghos.1326 Member ✭✭✭

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Thank you all for your positive comments. We love talking with you, but more importantly, we like listening to what you have to say, and you can count on that always.

    I'm super happy to see so many meaningful threads by the devs, on a lot of very valuable topics! I've been contemplating how the heck I can bake Triple Chocolate Brownies of Death(tm) for the entire Dev Team. :D

    I think your whole team of employees seriously deserves a company outing, get some drinks, celebrate and make toasts to wonderful positive changes, let loose a bit and enjoy your guys' times.

    The greatest enemy to improvement, is ignorance. But the desire to learn will cast ignorance into the fire.

  • @Ghos.1326 said:

    I think your whole team of employees seriously deserves a company outing, get some drinks, celebrate and make toasts to wonderful positive changes, let loose a bit and enjoy your guys' times.

    I'm down for that! :D

    Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

  • some time in the summer, like a company picknick or sumthing...

    The Splinter Warband [SWB] is looking for both new and experienced roleplayers to join our ranks.
    Medium-heavy Charr RP guild with a focus on special operations.
    PM if you're interested!
    Signed: Alexa SplinterSteel.

  • Zedek.8932Zedek.8932 Member ✭✭✭

    I also want to thank the moderator who just edited the thread title from "ArenaNet" clickbait BS to an actual thread name! So I can stop reporting those threads which always felt bad, but having 5 clickbaits on the front page throwing around sentence fragments made me mad for real every day :D

    Back to topic: I am very happy with the communication, because of some insights. Of course, nothing will actually change, because no sane company would change back and forth in their plans and roadmaps just because of a vocal minority, but unlike RIOT, the responses here are not just some PR nonsense but feels like someone sat down and felt the need to explain a game-related thing. The marketing thread for example was kind of weird because of the very topic itself, but on the other hand, it's the first video game developer/publisher that want to talk about things that for once do not belong to balance and whatnot.

    Now we just need these DEV AMA chat thingies that were us promised...

    Excelsior.

    Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
    The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
    "We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I will generally join in this celebration of communication, although a black mark exists over the weekend outage for UK players which had very little comms to keep us in the loop which was saddening and disappointing.

    Otherwise it has been great to see improved comms through the rest of the game and wih various developers across all game modes

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ghos.1326 said:

    @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Thank you all for your positive comments. We love talking with you, but more importantly, we like listening to what you have to say, and you can count on that always.

    I'm super happy to see so many meaningful threads by the devs, on a lot of very valuable topics! I've been contemplating how the heck I can bake Triple Chocolate Brownies of Death(tm) for the entire Dev Team. :D

    I think your whole team of employees seriously deserves a company outing, get some drinks, celebrate and make toasts to wonderful positive changes, let loose a bit and enjoy your guys' times.

    But but then we wont get our updates on time =)

  • zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    I will generally join in this celebration of communication, although a black mark exists over the weekend outage for UK players which had very little comms to keep us in the loop which was saddening and disappointing.

    Otherwise it has been great to see improved comms through the rest of the game and wih various developers across all game modes

    I believe they were updating on that on twitter.

  • Ashen.2907Ashen.2907 Member ✭✭✭✭

    ...Agreed...

  • The improved communication is brilliant, it's exactly what we've been asking for years. A lot of player frustration, especially at balance patches, is the seemingly arbitrary, sometimes bizarre changes to class skills. Of the top of my head, the added power given to Rocket Boots when the damage portion of the skill was the absolute last concern about it, while literally dozens of other skills, traits and bugs which needed attention were ignored. Getting explanations of the reasons for changes, the direction that devs are aiming for seriously alleviates player anxiety.

    So yes, many thanks. We felt like were being ignored and now that's lifted somewhat. Frankly, I can't image how the recent changes and overhauls, such as phantasms, would have been received had there not been dev discussion on the subject. I imagine it would not have been pretty.

  • Randulf.7614Randulf.7614 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @zealex.9410 said:

    @Randulf.7614 said:
    I will generally join in this celebration of communication, although a black mark exists over the weekend outage for UK players which had very little comms to keep us in the loop which was saddening and disappointing.

    Otherwise it has been great to see improved comms through the rest of the game and wih various developers across all game modes

    I believe they were updating on that on twitter.

    Only a quick update then nothing for 48+ hours and no confirmation after that it was fixed. I'm not going to derail the thread with this though, but the comms was very poor over this incident given the last time it happened they were all over it on a weekend.

    But the improvement on the forums has been huge - that can be seen through the wvw, pvp, fractal forums and the forthcoming Q&A sessions they are trying to fit in. Even the marketing team have been more involved which is great.

    What sleep is here? What dreams there are in the unctuous coiling of the snakes mortal shuffling. weapon in my hand. My hand the arcing deathblow at the end of all things. The horror. The horror. I embrace it. . .

  • Plautze.6290Plautze.6290 Member ✭✭✭

    Keep on going, ANet. Lots of people, including myself, greatly appreciate the improvements over the last months.
    May GW2 live on for many years with a great team at ANet and a (at most times) great community! :3

    Rohan Blackraven | Allister Mortis | Kareem Aqbar | Mindblower Torxx

  • Well, it's the last day of the month...eagerly awaiting the AFC.

  • Ardenwolfe.8590Ardenwolfe.8590 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2018

    Agreed. I recently had an . . . unusual . . . experience on the forums. It was quickly addressed and in the process of being resolved. Very happy with the team overall. As far as the game? Thank you, thank you, thank you again for splitting PvP and PvE as far as nerfs.

    Best decision ever.

    No longer posting or playing.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.