dagger 3 fire not count as evade?

Axl.8924

So i was in mai trin, and i timed my 3 button on fire to use it as a evade to not take damage from bombs, but i still took damage and got downed.I thought it was counted as evade?

Also:i really like dagger/focus for fire, the abiltiies work quite well for evading and dpsing

Fire 3 on dagger, burning speed has a 3/4 (0.75) second evade window. It can happen that you get hit right after this window since it's a short window. Also take note that when you see a red circle on the floor, the time of impact within that circle can come a bit later after the red circle appears. And from what I know in the bomb phase, those circles stay active for a bit and do more like pulse damage? meaning even if you evade the first hit, if you're still in one active circle you can still take some damage. And of course there is agony. Depending on your agony resistance and the level of fractals you've done, it's possible you've been downed by agony since you can't evade that. Agony is applied to players through certain mechanics usually in a boss fight. For mai trin it's the bomb phase.

Archived