Hybrid herald useable in pvp after next update ?

Wolfric.9380

Hi

I wonder if such a build will be viable after next update. Or might going renegade be better ? I also think offhand sword instead of shield might be better ...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8un3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlxO92nndpmuKNgDWA-jpxHQBib/BAcQAM4JA4fHBgG+AAQZZAA

And what about using exuberance rune, lyssa or some other well fitting rune? Good tips might help at least to rethink changes. I usually build out of meta and win with that. I won´t ride the FOTM mentality ;-).

Edit: Here how the wvw/Pve version might look. (currently runing this in exotic gear)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8sn3geNSuQvJRboHlsP0kS4I6SJ4EtrklTlJNgDWwO92nndpmuC-jVCBQBRb/hYqEEAPBA9oZYZK/iwJAoTq/QhDCwh0DEAABYn1ZdWnBH9oH9oH9oddje0G9oN6RPaSB8oyK-w

I can't really speak to WvW... I'm sure it's probably fine'ish there for frontline boon support and light AoE pressure.

But, in sPvP it will still be a no go. I used to play Hybrid Herald before PoF came out quite a bit in certain cherry picked matches--i.e. my team didn't have a lot of point control or their team had a lot of condi pressure or both... It's safe to say that the biggest strength of Hybrid Herald is it's point control via Mallyx AoE condi pressure mixed with all the extra iframes you get from Sw/Sh. You used to be able to force pretty much everyone off of a point with Unyielding Anguish/Embrace/Mace 2 and keep the point with your shield/evades/resistance while all your passive condi application kept people either off of you or dead.

PoF pretty much obliterated all of this... Not only do scourges do this a thousand times better, but they do so while stripping your resistance and from the safety of range. Even if there isn't a Scourge, there are so many more unblockable attacks in people's kits now that playing Revenant in a Brawler type style is next to impossible anyways, and condi Rev is very much a brawler build (especially if you're using something like Sage/Leadership). And even if you feel like you could safely sit on the point due to a lack of scourges/unblockable pressure, you'd still have to deal with how somebody playing FB support (even after the nerfs) can pretty much shut down Mallyx condi pressure via aegis/cleanse.

I wish tho, it's a fun alternative to Shiro'ing it up all day err'day.

Archived