Can't finish installing the game, client is stuck on 1 file remaining.

Chuck.2864

So I installed Windows 10 and obviously had to reinstall GW2, but I'm running into this age-old problem yet again which feels like it's been there since launch where the client just refuses to download the last couple of files.What happens is I launch the client, it starts downloading the file and then immediately stops, speed quickly goes down to 0kbps and stays there.

I've tried just about everything - every possible asset server IP I could find, tried switching to a different language because that's what worked for me last time, no dice. There is one file remaining and it absolutely will not download. Obviously I can't ignore it, the "Play" button on the client does nothing and doesn't respond even though it says the game should be playable.

This forum has been flooded with this issue for years and it still hasn't been addressed, I myself have managed to get around it a couple of times in the past but now nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

Generally, a VPN is needed to get around this.

You can use the -log option for a little more information, which will write to %appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log. It could be downloading corrupted data or the connection could be dropping or timing out. Try doing this under safe mode with networking enabled, to additionally rule out most other software from interfering. Press WindowsKey+R > msconfig > boot > safe boot + network > ok and reboot (undo this to return to normal).

For the assetsrv option, try origincdn.101.arenanetworks.com (54.236.193.77 or 34.198.207.96). This one is the primary server (the IPs change regularly).

If you want to see what's actually happening, you could try using my launcher, which has a built-in asset server you can use for debugging and alternate methods for downloading patches (https and background).

Archived