Boon Corruptions in WvW

Rodeno.8476

I think most agree that boon corruptions in its current state is overwhelming, owing to the fact that the primary offenders have to some degree been nerfed the past few balance passes.

So why not just make it similar to how the stability-cc interaction functions? 1 source of CC will only affect you every 0.75 seconds, 1 source of condition strip/corrupt can only affect you every 0.75 seconds.

It then becomes too weak.

The problem with boons and subsequently corrupts is that the power gained from them is so vast and so easy to spam/stack into absurdity with only a few people that there's absolutely nothing a build that does not depend on boons can do into a matchup against boon-heavy builds.

Corrupts would be useless against boonless builds. The problem is that boonless builds are absolute garbage in comparison and that condition management itself has for whatever reason, also been moved to... boons (via resistance).

Until there are just massive nerfs to boon access/boonsharing/boon duration (now a problem on gear stat combos), there is going to be a problem with balance in terms of corruptions/boon denial.

It's largely the same problem as condi. Dire/TB break the builds more than they're mechanically broken themselves. It doesn't help that corruption builds run the same stats to form this trifecta, either.

I feel that there'd still be counterplay in the form of things like breaker dome which prevents boon application. The volume of corruptions post-PoF was certainly in response to the HoT boonshare meta, but I feel that it's swung too far in the other direction without having a chance to center itself. This got further exacerbated by the change to the booncorrupt chart (mostly just the resistance->immob alteration).

Its become a tug of war corruption vs condi conversion clears have fallen way behind. A lot of the condis now convent into very powerful boons where boons do not convent into that powerful of condis out side of immob (all though immob becomes resistance that there a lot of danger in using immob now).

I get the feeling ppl are not comply went over to more of a tug of war condi boon meta. What the real problem is that condi clears are way behind and small condis are more of a liability to apply to ppl then a benefit for your team. We may need more out side effects from the condi boon system that has lesser effects anty condi has less condi dmg and duration all though not every class has this and condi (soft cc) realy dose not have an outside effect a weak MS effect or a weak counter heal is needed that cant be cleared more of a pure ranged effect.

corrupt is not the Problem. most People just compensated missing skill with applying EVERY boon permanently on themself. every boon due to massive incoming dmg reduction, while massive outgoing dmg increase.

People that could only Play with perma resistance, perma protection, what let them yolo pushing all the time without dying while hot, now die in pof. you Need way more movement and skill in pof meta because skilless boonshare meta, which carried skillless People, has finally get counterable. so People complain about corrupt because they dont want accept that they lack in skill.

i see that every day in wvw, where People do useless pushes directly into WoD and wondering why they died, because in hot you could easy push in everything, cause all the boons hold you alive, not important how many enemies there were.

same with scourge. you can ez kite that class, but People push scourge, stay next to them, without dodging or blocking, just spam GS 1-5 or something else for dmg and then die. ist not the fault of the scourge that his enemy is just a fool. see what your enemy is doing and you can Counter it.

bigger Problem are the classes whose Spikes you cant see...esmer and thiefes. which kills you out of invis.

I'm not arguing that's the reason behind why the meta is how it is, I've my fair share of hours logged in both open field and gvg environs. As far as gvg in specific is concerned I'd argue that the late HoT boonshare ball comp was a harder comp to play, versus this one, but that's my opinion.

I use gvg as an example because the 15v15 format of it negates many variables found in general open field. The nature of the format also means that you typically can't afford to carry dead weight in terms of classes or builds.

And in that regard I see fully 1/3-1/2 of a comp as scourges, with another 1/3rd being firebrands. 2/3rds of a comp has already been called for by only 2 builds, before you even consider other things considered fundamental to the meta such as spellbreakers. Coincedentally those three have probably received the most wvw oriented nerfs. I will grant that the larger 20v20 format allows more flexibility in the ratios provided however.

Warrior in terms of wod tick rate and loss aversion damage. Firebrand since the initial buffs to heal scaling/mantra ranges and the Merciful Intervention buff, seen scaling back to the tome support capabilities.

Scourge has (barrier and axe buffs aside) almost consistently received the most fundamental nerfs since PoF (CDs, trait changes, condi application reductions, dhuumfire interaction with shroud, shades requires LoS, AoE indicators and cast time delays for function bar skills).

With that in mind it's obvious anet and to some degree the playerbase calling for these changes feels similarly to the direction the meta has shifted otherwise one wouldn't be seeing those adjustments. To a degree I have to applaud them for being more proactive about balance changes than they have been in the past, epidemic was left to languish in a fairly bad state for many months, signet of inspiration stood for almost as long.

@Rodeno.8476 said:I'm not arguing that's the reason behind why the meta is how it is, I've my fair share of hours logged in both open field and gvg environs. As far as gvg in specific is concerned I'd argue that the late HoT boonshare ball comp was a harder comp to play, versus this one, but that's my opinion.

I use gvg as an example because the 15v15 format of it negates many variables found in general open field. The nature of the format also means that you typically can't afford to carry dead weight in terms of classes or builds.

And in that regard I see fully 1/3-1/2 of a comp as scourges, with another 1/3rd being firebrands. 2/3rds of a comp has already been called for by only 2 builds, before you even consider other things considered fundamental to the meta such as spellbreakers. Coincedentally those three have probably received the most wvw oriented nerfs. I will grant that the larger 20v20 format allows more flexibility in the ratios provided however.

Warrior in terms of wod tick rate and loss aversion damage. Firebrand since the initial buffs to heal scaling/mantra ranges and the Merciful Intervention buff, seen scaling back to the tome support capabilities.

Scourge has (barrier and axe buffs aside) almost consistently received the most fundamental nerfs since PoF (CDs, trait changes, condi application reductions, dhuumfire interaction with shroud, shades requires LoS, AoE indicators and cast time delays for function bar skills).

With that in mind it's obvious anet and to some degree the playerbase calling for these changes feels similarly to the direction the meta has shifted otherwise one wouldn't be seeing those adjustments. To a degree I have to applaud them for being more proactive about balance changes than they have been in the past, epidemic was left to languish in a fairly bad state for many months, signet of inspiration stood for almost as long.

Scourge will be nerfed even more, firebrand as well. Also, as far as scourge is concerned, there are 4 builds out there right now, depending on team comp and what one wants to do. I myself find it somehow more fun to play support scourge (it was meant to be a support thing, barriers and all) than full TB. Orc ele nec with heavy boon removal, for the aforementioned boonspam trains.

Scourge already cleanses about same amount as corrupts if you trait the barriers. What other legit corruption classes there are?

You just dont have enough scourges, firebrands, inventions holosmiths, BS chrono, revs etc to battle it.

If you like pick rangers and some kind of DHs spreading randomly like group of chicken of course youre gonna have trouble against corruption especially if they manage to get you in a closed space so you cant leap away everytime someone comes close to you.

And dont say warrior elite. Its just your fault you dont know how to get out of it fast enough. Dont wait for your commander to say to leave the bubble... React...

I absolutely hate conditions in this game, I hate the mechanics, I hate the number of conditions that exist, I hate the broken stats combos offered for condition specs.

Having said that I do think they're in a somewhat good place right now with the exception of the recent change of resistance to immobilize, which is a condition I personally think should just be removed from the game, but at the very least taken off the corruption list, as it hinders you from a very important skill for defense of basically everything, dodging. But the condition super burst is somewhat toned down and gives you some time to react and properly defend against it.

There are still times when condition bombs will wreck you, and that of course will mostly happen to the front line. But Firebrand support is also going to get nerfed soon, and we'll have to see how much that affects front lines, players are going to have to run more support specs from other classes and not just the usual bring a tank firebrand or corrupt scourge to wreck everything in their path.

Archived